Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could any Colts be available in trade talks as trade deadline approaches on 10/31

richard pallo

Any thoughts on who the Colts might move before the trade deadline of 10/31?  I think there will be a lot of names being thrown out there.  SB Nation just suggested a TY Hilton trade to the Cardinals for ILB Deone Bucannon.  I think we could be a player especially with some of our older veterans.  Any ideas?

I don't see much worth trading. The NFL is different than like NBA and MLB...we won't likely get back what their compensatory worth would be. That said if I was looking at moving people it would be ones that aren't likely to come back or be a part of the future rebuild. Someone like Davis or Moncrief. I don't see anyone else of value that isn't/shouldn't be tied to our future rebuild. Some say TY but I can't see it. He is our only big play receiver. I don't see us being big players in the trade market. We made our big move right before the season. Teams I would look at to make moves would be someone like the Saints who have a small window to go for it now.....or a team like Seattle or New England who always likes to make moves because they have a pretty strong locker room to bring in a trouble maker.

7 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Pagano?

We might be able to snag a bag of $0.25 chips for Pags.  We may have to throw in a stick of bubble gum though.  The Pats will get him, make him DC after some dumb team hires Patricia and his value will be at an all time high by 2021 and he'll get another job.

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't see much worth trading. The NFL is different than like NBA and MLB...we won't likely get back what their compensatory worth would be. That said if I was looking at moving people it would be ones that aren't likely to come back or be a part of the future rebuild. Someone like Davis or Moncrief. I don't see anyone else of value that isn't/shouldn't be tied to our future rebuild. Some say TY but I can't see it. He is our only big play receiver. I don't see us being big players in the trade market. We made our big move right before the season. Teams I would look at to make moves would be someone like the Saints who have a small window to go for it now.....or a team like Seattle or New England who always likes to make moves because they have a pretty strong locker room to bring in a trouble maker.

If the Elliot suspension ever goes through, Frank to the 'boys for a late pick?

I'd say Moncrief. You could say that it'll leave us without weapons but it's not like he's out there making plays now so there'd be no difference. Get a 4th for him.

B/R did an article last week suggesting trades for each team and they suggested we ship out TJ Green. I'm 100% in favor of that but not sure he has any trade value. You'd be lucky to get a 6th for him.

Maybe Davis to the Chiefs. They let Cooper and company pass all over them.

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

If the Elliot suspension ever goes through, Frank to the 'boys for a late pick?

I think they would run with McFadden and Morris. I also don't think the suspension goes through this year...else they would have probably made a run at Peterson imo.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'd say Moncrief. You could say that it'll leave us without weapons but it's not like he's out there making plays now so there'd be no difference. Get a 4th for him.

B/R did an article last week suggesting trades for each team and they suggested we ship out TJ Green. I'm 100% in favor of that but not sure he has any trade value. You'd be lucky to get a 6th for him.

Yeah...forgot about Green...he would be a likely target but we are thin at safety now with Hooker out so I think the will give him run and then make a decision in the offseason on him.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...forgot about Green...he would be a likely target but we are thin at safety now with Hooker out so I think the will give him run and then make a decision in the offseason on him.

Green should never play safety again so we're thin at safety with him. Butler can go back to FS and keep Hairston as the nickel CB.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Green should never play safety again so we're thin at safety with him. Butler can go back to FS and keep Hairston as the nickel CB.

Probably...but he played there Sunday so I imagine he will get more time there. Honestly they have moved him all over...one could say they've tried him at everything to no avail....or one could say they haven't done him any favors by moving him around and not letting him settle in and learn a role. Either way I see what your saying. He hasn't lived up to his hype....him being a Pagano targeted guy (I think I recall him asking for him) I'm sure his leash is short for being here. After all Ballard already got rid of a first rd draft pick from a previous administration.

Oh..and I'm not thrilled with how Butler has played at safety...so I'm not sure Green could do any worse.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I just don't see any trade value for Moncrief and Davis.  The notion of a 4th for Moncrief is a pipe dream.  Both have been less than stellar and both are in the last year of their contracts. Why would teams want to give up a commodity like a draft pick in exchange for under-performing players who can walk at the end of the season?  To say nothing of the time it would take either of them to get up to speed in the new team's system.

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

I just don't see any trade value for Moncrief and Davis.  The notion of a 4th for Moncrief is a pipe dream.  Both have been less than stellar and both are in the last year of their contracts. Why would teams want to give up a commodity like a draft pick in exchange for under-performing players who can walk at the end of the season?  To say nothing of the time it would take either of them to get up to speed in the new team's system.

Yeah..thats mostly how I felt as well. The only reason mentioning Davis and Moncrief is that they don't seem to fit the future we are building here or are not working out...thus movable as they are starters. I honestly don't think outside Luck and a couple others that we wouldn't want to trade we have anyone of value left.

The Peyton Manning statue out front has more trade value than most on our team.

1 minute ago, bravo4460 said:

Moncrief or Davis if we don't plan on re-signing them.

Maybe we could get something for nothing.

Moncrief is so frustrating, as you can see there is a player in there somewhere.  I agree though, if we could get something good in return and head forward with Hilton, Rogers, Aiken, Bray, etc Ballard can address additional depth in the off season.

Davis hasn't shown anything this year to make me think someone would give something up for him.

20 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I wouldnt trade TY, just his MOUTH and EGO.

Overall he seems to have been a good teammate so far. I won't give his comments a pass but I will give the player a pass on this one. Many more bigger knuckleheads out there than what he has been here. He is very frustrated clearly and let it fly. We've seen others down through the years do such...Peyton included. As long as this doesn't become an ongoing thing with the man. 

I would trade Gore, just out of respect. Let him go to team that he can help in a playoff push. He's not going to get to the playoffs here. Maybe try to get anything for Davis and Moncrief. They won't be around next year anyway. Might as well get a couple of late round picks.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Overall he seems to have been a good teammate so far. I won't give his comments a pass but I will give the player a pass on this one. Many more bigger knuckleheads out there than what he has been here. He is very frustrated clearly and let it fly. We've seen others down through the years do such...Peyton included. As long as this doesn't become an ongoing thing with the man. 

TY sould be a leader, not a divider.

he's paid like a leader, and needs to assume that responsibility. And being a leader isnt just being vocal , ESPECIALLY when stupid stuff comes out of your mouth.

TY needs to put his PLAY where his mouth is. Because right now, his mouth is writing checks his "talent" cant cash.

Again I'll get lashed out at for this but I will continually make the argument that Hilton needs to be traded. He is so inconsistent and he's the opposite of a leader, something this team desperately needs. And Hilton would garner the most in a trade outside of dealing Luck. 

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

we would have no offense if we traded ty

i would put gore out there to see if somebody wants to give a pick for him

We already have basically no offense. It all starts up front and Hilton is no where near a perfect WR. He disappears too often and I'd rather have our best WR be a tough grind it out leader of the WR group. 

10 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

TY sould be a leader, not a divider.

he's paid like a leader, and needs to assume that responsibility. And being a leader isnt just being vocal , ESPECIALLY when stupid stuff comes out of your mouth.

TY needs to put his PLAY where his mouth is. Because right now, his mouth is writing checks his "talent" cant cash.

Look...I was very critical of what he said or at least where he said it....but it was out of character for him and he apologized. I'm going to move on. I've seen worse out of other wrs out there. However if it became a habit I would be the first to say move on.

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

We already have basically no offense. It all starts up front and Hilton is no where near a perfect WR. He disappears too often and I'd rather have our best WR be a tough grind it out leader of the WR group. 

we can still find one of those with ty.

if you are sold on trading him, what do you think we should ask for, or would get for him?

8 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Again I'll get lashed out at for this but I will continually make the argument that Hilton needs to be traded. He is so inconsistent and he's the opposite of a leader, something this team desperately needs. And Hilton would garner the most in a trade outside of dealing Luck. 

Moncrief, Gore, V. Davis. I’d take M.Bryant and the risk of him smoking pot and being put out over Moncrief stinking up the joint. 

Hilton is as inconsistent as Andrew Luck. So let’s not act like he’s the only inconsistent player of big value. So what he speaks up on the nonsense from time to time. This organization needs someone who will do that at times. Not the usually “toe the line” nonsense that we get from the head coach and all other players. Maybe if the Franchise QB showed a little annoyance and frustration Irsay would get off his butt. Defense needs someone like that too

Just now, dgambill said:

Look...I was very critical of what he said or at least where he said it....but it was out of character for him and he apologized. I'm going to move on. I've seen worse out of other wrs out there. However if it became a habit I would be the first to say move on.

I dont think we should move on but TY is one of the guys the other players are looking at for direction, like it or not. 

Statements like he made and that attitude are infectuous. 

I already think he's affected Moncrief poorly.

but no, im not ready to move on either.

you'd think these players would have the minimal brainspace needed to know to take a minute after losses like this so they dont say stupid stuff like this. But then again, they are just highly paid kids. Spoiled kids at that.

By performance this year, only guy with any trade value is Simon, and i wouldn't trade him for anything right now. Gore might have a 6th or so, but hard to find a team that needs him in the playoff push- Seattle, maybe.

It's tempting to let go of TY, but of our receivers, only guy that has actually made any plays this year. Would leave us a vast wasteland at WR.

Would however be willing to give something for a decent OL though. There has to be something decent out there to put in front of our QB and RB. Would be willing to give up something to get a decent G especially.

Why is it people seem to forget that if Davis leaves we DO get something, we get a draft pick.  Conditional picks are rewarded, not sure what it would be though, maybe a 4th.  So quit saying we do not get anything if he leaves.

Gore will not be traded.  I have said this many times, no team is going to give any draft capital for a guy on his last leg.  I love Gore but GM's do not just go out and try and fit charity in to the day-to-day for old players (minus the 49ers cutting Bowman, but did not trade him like they could have).

We do not have any players worth trading right now.  TY being traded would hurt us but if people are dead set on this being a rebuild and spend FA cap on some WR's and you will be spending some serious coin.  I guess he might technically be the only option....still would never happen.

In all honesty, let's take a look at our roster. Who for sure has trade value?

Andrew Luck

TY Hilton

Ryan Kelly

Frank Gore

Adam Vinatieri

Donte Moncrief

Jack Doyel

John Simon

Henry Anderson

Johnathon Hankins

Anthony Castonzo (Yes, there's some there)

Al Woods

Those are just a few that in my opinion have SOMETHING. We've seen it recently with Dorsett and Allen so you can't say Moncrief doesn't have any true value. I remember many people writing about trading Dorsett or even Allen and people would argue that there isn't any trade value there. So I think, these guys have something. Would I want to trade any of them, meh... probably not and receive something that benefits us right away.

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Moncrief, Gore, V. Davis. I’d take M.Bryant and the risk of him smoking pot and being put out over Moncrief stinking up the joint. 

Hilton is as inconsistent as Andrew Luck. So let’s not act like he’s the only inconsistent player of big value. So what he speaks up on the nonsense from time to time. This organization needs someone who will do that at times. Not the usually “toe the line” nonsense that we get from the head coach and all other players. Maybe if the Franchise QB showed a little annoyance and frustration Irsay would get off his butt. Defense needs someone like that too

So the team needs TY blaming other players?  That is good for them?

I'd like to see Gore traded or released.  He doesn't need to spend what's left of a great career on this crappy team. 

This is isn't what he signed up for when he joined the colts and no reason to make him suffer on a losing team if he can possibly join one with a chance at the playoffs.  

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think only Luck and Kelly are untouchable.  The luster for TY has dimmed for me.

I feel the same. I'm at the point where i'm I actually hope the Colts do trade TY. I would rather get a decent draft pick and be free to use the salary elsewhere. (though i'm not sure what the cap implications would be for trading him) If Hilton were to get traded I think it would come after the season is over, though.

I am hoping the Colts let Vontae Davis and Donte Moncrief walk after this season. So if they could get something for either one in a trade I would be in favor of that. Maybe a team that feels they can contend would give up a late pick for them if they are down at CB or WR. 

I also agree with others who feel the Colts should trade Gore. I feel awful for him. He chose to come here thinking this team would contend for a Superbowl and things have been crap. He can still produce and is the type of player you want on your team.

With all that said I don't think any moves are likely to happen.