Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Wasted Season

TigerColt

No excuse for the poor preparation of the team (coaching) and how they handled the QB position (management).  Been a Colt fan since the 70s and I have never seen such a poor performance.  

I'm starting to think the organization KNEW Luck would not be ready and were keeping it a secret to protect ticket sales.  

I'm still a Colts fan but i will be getting a lot of abuse this year down here in Saints country.  

Joseph

6 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

No excuse for the poor preparation of the team (coaching) and how they handled the QB position (management).  Been a Colt fan since the 70s and I have never seen such a poor performance.  

I'm starting to think the organization KNEW Luck would not be ready and were keeping it a secret to protect ticket sales.  

I'm still a Colts fan but i will be getting a lot of abuse this year down here in Saints country.  

Joseph

Are you really surprised this team looked as bad as they did today? They're missing numerous starters to injury, including key starters Luck, Davis, Kelly, and Geathers. 

Plus this coaching staff shows it cannot prepare a proper game plan, year in and year out. I'm not surprised and I have no doubt major changes in the coaching department will be made in the offseason. Hopefully a quality strength and conditioning staff is brought in to replace the current staff also. 

I disagree.  I think when your roster is as bad as this one was from the Grigson years you almost HAVE to take a step back, get some high draft picks, grab some players in FA, and find a new HC that the players are actually going to believe in.  I think Pags has lost this locker room.

This year is going to help this team make some changes and do some things in the draft that they have needed to do for a few years now.

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Are you really surprised this team looked as bad as they did today? They're missing numerous starters to injury, including key starters Luck, Davis, Kelly, and Geathers. 

Plus this coaching staff shows it cannot prepare a proper game plan, year in and year out. I'm not surprised and I have no doubt major changes in the coaching department will be made in the offseason. Hopefully a quality strength and conditioning staff is brought in to replace the current staff also. 

There may, or may not, be any changes in the coaching staff. It doesn't matter. There won't be any fans left.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

. Ballard you may have mad a huge mistake.

oh they made mistakes

im guessing you are talking about bringing back chuck or tolzien and its hard to argue with that

brisett is going to be our backup now though, and three of our best players were out today.  luck, kelly and davis 

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Just excuses next man up that is excuses another thing that has gotten really old on this team.

Yeah... I knew it was going to be an ugly game, but not THAT ugly. Tolzein does not belong on our roster. He is nothing special. 2 Pick 6's and almost a 3rd towards the end on the throw to Moncrief. I'd like to see Brissett show what he's got next week for the full game. I know pagano will most likely try to put Tolzein out there to start the game. Just a feeling. The D-Line looked pretty strong though. That's all I got. 

8 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

The strength and conditioning staff was just replaced so constantly replacing them will not change the fact that injuries happen in the NFL.

17 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

Joseph

WOW - so they lose ONE game and you are ready to call this a wasted season?

They looked bad REAL bad. But there's things that can be corrected. 

Even if Luck returns week 5 and we are 1-3, or God forbid 0-4, the season would be far from over.

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I think everyone already knew this. The fans, and Ballard as well, knew we wouldn't be competing for a SB. This year is about rebuilding and evaluating coaches and talent on this team. 

As far as Ballard evaluating the coaches... I think he has seen enough.

Really ?????>>>>>>>>>Mike WellsVerified account @MikeWellsNFL 21m21 minutes ago

This just summed up Chuck Pagano in the postgame presser. He said they got their "butt" kicked by the "49ers."......PAGANO THOUGHT WE JUST PLAYED THE 49'r's ?????????????????

23 minutes ago, cjrichard said:

Joseph

Totally agree.  No Andrew Luck..  O line made so many mistakes, defense allowed so many points....will be a long season:(

Sarcasm served today wild West Style: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.........Today..... Run defense good, pass defense apparently played by me, it was baaaaaaaad. Tolzien, was still more consistent then Morris.........apparently......... throwing two touchdowns to the Rams and Moncriefs face mask screwed up the 3rd. Head scratching coaching early, Gore (power runner mid field) Mack small fast guy at the goal line.......Where was the challenge flag Chuck on the Mack score.......save those time outs brutha.......Mack and TY's fumblerooskies didn't help.....and AV, missing 2 FG's makes you have to ask, is he starting to lose to father time, or does the new long snapper holder need more practice.....someone ask me today when I thought Luck would be ready, I said judging by the QB play today ...PDQ......Luckily it only counts as 1 loss, although I am sure the Rams will be asking the league to review that count......1 Game peeps, the suckage was large, but look at it this way, we can't look worse than that next week right?....well? Right? LOL

6 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

WOW - so they lose ONE game and you are ready to call this a wasted season?

They looked bad REAL bad. But there's things that can be corrected. 

Even if Luck returns week 5 and we are 1-3, or God forbid 0-4, the season would be far from over.

I don't know. Newton looked rusty today and he practiced some and played in a preseason game. I anticipate Luck being even more rusty when he returns. Newton has a better team around him than Luck. This could get really ugly before Luck returns and could still be ugly for a game or two when he does return. 

22 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Not that it would have changed the outcome of the game but not challenging  Macks  early TD ? really ? What was the

coaching staff thinking? kind of set the tone for the rest of the game

Just now, Smonroe said:

So you're saying I shouldn't post anymore historical notes?  Darn, I was just going to post a "On this day..."

Of course you can. But you and I know that the Patriots are the exception to the rule.

Great! They went on to have a Dynasty. What does that mean for the Colts? Are we next in line?

Just now, Flash7 said:

Of course you can. But you and I know that the Patriots are the exception to the rule.

Great! They went on to have a Dynasty. What does that mean for the Colts? Are we next in line?

You're reading that into it.  You could take it as it's one game.  And you really don't know a lot about a team after one game.

Personally, I wrote this season off as a playoff contender.  I want to see improvement as the team learns how to play with all new players.  

25 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

This just summed up Chuck Pagano in the postgame presser. He said they got their "butt" kicked by the "49ers."......PAGANO THOUGHT WE JUST PLAYED THE 49'r's ?????????????????

Please tell me this is not true.

I think we stuck with Pagano one year too long.  Sure the guy has a winning record but if you look within the numbers we've been an average team that rode Luck's shouldrs until one of them has given out...  Pray that the injury isn't debilitating and we haven't wasted his career with a below average HC & GM.

CB trading for Brissett just shows that he's the real deal. It was a shrewd move whether Luck comes back sooner or later. We should have cleaned house on Chuck and his staff though & let CB bring in his own HC.  

Anything would have been better than this display.  But it's not like we haven't seen it all before.  Hell we'll probably still go 8-8 and probably give Chuck an extension...  :peek:

I really didn't expect much this year, especially with Luck out indefinitely but I never expected to get our lunch handed to us by the Rams! It was one of the most embarrassing loses I can remember in a long time. And what about the touchdown by Mack early in the game that was never challenged, it just proved what I've written the past 2+ years Pagano and staff are a joke, that TD could have changed the complexion of the game. It will be interesting to see how this rebuilt team will respond to this historically horrible loss.

37 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

That actually explains so much

17 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

I really didn't expect much this year, especially with Luck out indefinitely but I never expected to get our lunch handed to us by the Rams! It was one of the most embarrassing loses I can remember in a long time. And what about the touchdown by Mack early in the game that was never challenged, it just proved what I've written the past 2+ years Pagano and staff are a joke, that TD could have changed the complexion of the game. It will be interesting to see how this rebuilt team will respond to this historically horrible loss.

Totally agree!.

People really need to take a deep breath and relax for a minute. We are a rebuilding team that had sustained injuries to some of our best players and turned the ball over 3 times, with a fourth fumble leading to a safety. That incredibly bad series of events will lead us to being blown out, this is what we know right now. If you were expecting a win in this game then I'm sorry but it seemed like Andrew Luck being out meant that the first part of this season was going to be rough.

Look around our division, the Texans gave up 10 sacks and lost to the Jaguars 29-7. The Jaguars are also the only other team that won today. Even if this is a forgettable season, isn't it ok to potentially get a healthy Andrew Luck paired with whatever Ballard can cook up in the offseason? 

26 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think we stuck with Pagano one year too long.  Sure the guy has a winning record but if you look within the numbers we've been an average team that rode Luck's shouldrs until one of them has given out...  Pray that the injury isn't debilitating and we haven't wasted his career with a below average HC & GM.

CB trading for Brissett just shows that he's the real deal. It was a shrewd move whether Luck comes back sooner or later. We should have cleaned house on Chuck and his staff though & let CB bring in his own HC.  

Anything would have been better than this display.  But it's not like we haven't seen it all before.  Hell we'll probably still go 8-8 and probably give Chuck an extension...  :peek:

HOPEFULLY HE DOES NOT MAKE IT THAT FAR.