Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Colts be interested in Osweiler?

TKnight24

1 minute ago, Dudley Smith said:

This would make no sense whatsoever. First, Osweiler is not worth the money by a long shot. He is a bad QB. Is he better than what the Colts have right now? Probably by a bit but not by much. Second, he isn't so much better that is worth spending the money on for a couple of games (a couple of games we hope anyway!) because Colts probably either win or lose those regardless of who is at QB. It will take a total team effort. Last, We are less than a month away from the regular season and to bring in a guy who has no knowledge of the team or playbook is silly.

This has to be nonsense. Ballard isn't this dumb.

You never know how dumb someone is until they show you

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

I will never be more ashamed to be a Colts fan if we sign Osweiler over Kaep.  That's insulting and disgraceful.

Oh we cant look bad to the media. Kaep is worse than Hitler remember ?. He stood up for whats right, and we cant have none of that. Hell Signing Kaep would even p*** the fake president off. What a joke everything is becoming.

12 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

How stupid would this be when Kaep is sitting there for the taking.

Kaepernick gave up 14.5 million guaranteed for injury 2107 salary to become a free agent.  How much is he willing to drop down to play now, in light of that?

Think Osweiler, stays a Brown, but might become a Jag or a slight chance the Ravens get him, if Cleveland splits salary...

9 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Front office wouldnt spend recourses to aquire him and then pay him his high salary for just a couple games maximum.  

Colts only make this move if Luck is going to miss significant time.

Lets hope this just unfounded rumor and speculation. 

That thought came to mind as well, so I definitely hope this rumor isn't true.

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Kaepernick gave up 14.5 million guaranteed for injury 2107 salary to become a free agent.  How much is he willing to drop down to play now, in light of that?

Think Osweiler, stays a Brown, but might become a Jag or a slight chance the Ravens get him, if Cleveland splits salary...

He wasn't expecting to be blacklisted, so I would guess significantly less.

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If they have no confidence in Tolzien, then give reps for Morris with the starters. I still felt that if Curtis Painter had been given the #1 team reps more, he'd have done better than using the stop gap Kerry Collins in 2011. Let us not repeat the mistakes of the past. Go with the guy who has been with the team in TC and knows enough of the playbook and has been around the team mates.

I do not give this much credibility at all. It is possible Brock's name may have been floated around but my respect for the front office would go down if this happened. Very much like the knee jerk Kerry Collins move in 2011.

Ugh, you just brought back bad memories, lol. But yeah, it would be the same scenario as Collins. I too, would lose respect if they pay ridiculous amount of $$$ for what? One or couple of starts?

Ugh. There's no way they are taking on that salary. If anything happened, it would require CLE eating a good chunk of it. They eat half and kick in a 3rd round pick (which is sure to be near the top of the round)...that would  make it less stomach-churning.

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

I do.  And for what it's worth, he would come MUCH cheaper than taking on Osweiler's contract, plus at this point, I think it would be POSITIVE PR for the Colts to sign Kap.  It's widely reported he's been black balled, and this would show the Colts as being brave.  Also, Kap is just not good enough to cause a QB controversy when Luck returns, so then Kap can then quietly fade into the background role of pure backup.

I really dislike Osweiler and would HATE the move to get him.  I also have no hesitation in saying I think Kapernick would be a HUGE upgrade over Tolzien.

That being said, I suspect this Osweiler roomer is all just unfounded hearsay.

Kap is a head case.  That should be obvious to all.

Ha ha! What a difference a touch over 2 weeks makes-

From potential starter and the team turning down offers:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/08/browns-rejected-brock-osweiler-trade

To dropping down behind Kizer and purportedly being shopped to other teams:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/cleveland-browns-rumors-news

Nobody is paying 16 million for a QB that will be a backup, and I'm not sure he's even an upgrade over Bortles, or Henne--- even as bad as they have played.  Brock isn't an upgrade, IMO.

This has to be nonsense.  There is no logic there for the Colts.  

Unless Ballard got draft picks for taking on Osweiller's salary (like the Browns did) I would almost immediately jumping on the "Fire Chris Ballard" bandwagon if he made this move.  

It's unlikely that the Browns would be giving away draft picks for salary cap money since they have plenty of it.  

Osweiller is a slight upgrade from Tolzien but not a very big one.  Certainly not worth 16M dollars for the upgrade.  Furthermore he's hardly a guy who could "save our season" if Luck was going to miss a lot of time.

Honestly if Luck is going to miss a ton of time, then just IR him and tank the season, get a top pick and trade it away to a QB hungry team.

There is zero logic to trading for Osweiller and if that's really something Ballard does then he's changed my mind instantly from cautious optimism to fire him now.  (Unless like I said we are given high draft picks to take on his salary)

• Superman changed the title to Could Colts be interested in Osweiler?
1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

I will never be more ashamed to be a Colts fan if we sign Osweiler over Kaep.  That's insulting and disgraceful.

I was going to say the same thing if the Colts sign Kap.  If the Colts sign Osweiller I will shake make head in derision.  If they sign Kap I will stop supporting the Colts and I will stop being a Colts fan.