• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just fire him damn 

I mean......RIGHT?! 

I get that he isn't well liked around here, but I sort of feel bad for the man. Continues to get eggs on his face from these coaching candidates reports Weekly. 

I feel him staying at this point will be extremely counterproductive to the season as it will be a lame duck season. Find a NEW GM, pull the plug... 

10 minutes ago, achcolts said:

Wow... looks like pagano isn't safe unless it's jimmy raye, which is likely. Maybe if changes don't happen this season they will next 

would have welcomed him ... hope you're wrong about the pagano/jimmy raye pairing, but now that the head-coaching "experience bar" is now lower, if we could snag a Matt Patricia or someone like that... looks like that we will have to wait for 2018 for a new coach though.  i hope we are surprised by new developments but doubting it.

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Not sure how I would feel if this happened. I think Luck would kill it in Paytons offense, but Paytons defenses are always awful. If we want a coach with a bad defense, we should just keep what we have.

Exactly! If we are going be saddled with a mediocre coach at least we don't lose draft picks behind it.   Ugh...I am glad that this trade fell apart personally.  Colts going after Gruden and Payton is indicative of the thin coaching market this year in my opinion.  I'm relieved none of those moves happened.

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Not sure how I would feel if this happened. I think Luck would kill it in Paytons offense, but Paytons defenses are always awful. If we want a coach with a bad defense, we should just keep what we have.

Then again, I also think guys like Payton could use our offense to its fullest potential.

Irsay going after Payton is not surprising (even the fact that it happened two years in a row). I am actually happy that nothing got done because to pry him away from the Saints would take atleast a 3rd or 4th round pick which I certainly don't think would be a good idea. We need those picks to build a defense. More picks = higher chances of nabbing a starter. Now that we are going to have a atleast a decent GM who drafts atleast average to better than average (assumption yes), those picks become important. 

After all of these leaks, I would think that even Pagano knows that there is a very very small chance he comes back after this upcoming season so I definitely see him being fired by the new GM. Irsay is in a tricky position right now in terms of dealing with the new GM hire but also maintaining whatever slim connection he has with Pagano. In my opinion, I see a new GM being hired followed by Pagano being fired. 

However, if Raye is hired, you can bet on another year of Pagano being our HC. 

I'm telling you, he left the door open to firing Pagano, he made the same exact comments regarding Jim caldwell after he fired Polian, IF IF IF IF the reports of Gruden not wanting to work with Grigson were true, I wouldn't be surprised to see those talks reignited. Not advocating for Gruden, I just think with Grigs out of the picture based on the twitter comments from players and former players, it MAY open up some new talks with high valued targets

Irsay going after good offensive minds makes sense, I think.

We did the whole great QB playing under a defensive minded coach in Peyton and Dungy, and that was great. And I'm not saying Jim is actively wanting to go the opposite route but I almost wonder if he wants to bring in a mind like Gruden or Payton and just have a dominant offense. 

He's talked at length about how this team is built, that Andrew Luck and the offense needs to show up every game. I think it makes sense to look for a HC who could help boost our offense to that elite level.

30 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Just got an update, has to make Pagano feel great.... :Cry:

Not that I'm a SP fan, or Pagano for that matter.

No kidding.  I would feel betrayed even though I didn't do that well as a coach.  And/or "man,  I'm only the coach because my boss could t find a replacement"

15 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Exactly! If we are going be saddled with a mediocre coach at least we don't lose draft picks 

Yes, and with Grigson gone, draft picks are now worth more.

If Grigson's picking, what's a second rounder?

29 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Gruden and Payton. Jim seems to be looking for experienced HC's, specifically SB experience.

Sure does.  Mike Shanahan is out there too and it won't cost us any picks.   I think if he picks a new GM this week and it's not Raye something could still happen. It has been that kind of year.  

9 minutes ago, bradgt04 said:

No kidding.  I would feel betrayed even though I didn't do that well as a coach.  And/or "man,  I'm only the coach because my boss could t find a replacement"

Yeah it's always nice to know your just not really wanted.  He's sure getting paid though.

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm telling you, he left the door open to firing Pagano, he made the same exact comments regarding Jim caldwell after he fired Polian, IF IF IF IF the reports of Gruden not wanting to work with Grigson were true, I wouldn't be surprised to see those talks reignited. Not advocating for Gruden, I just think with Grigs out of the picture based on the twitter comments from players and former players, it MAY open up some new talks with high valued targets

I took Irsay as to say Pagano would be back next year. Interesting that you think he "left the door open" to the contrary . 

2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Apparently a saints rep called Pete Ward. Colts declined to trade for him. Don't know if that counts as us persuing him anyway.

Yeah, apparently the Saints had a few inquiries.  Not sure why, a bunch of 7-9 seasons with a franchise QB wouldn't make him popular here.  

5 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I took Irsay as to say Pagano would be back next year. Interesting that you think he "left the door open" to the contrary . 

He also said he was just talking football with Manning and Gruden.  

Haven't even hired the GM yet.  Who knows what might happen.