Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GM Candidates, including Jimmy Raye (merge)

ColtsStrong86

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Brad wells reporting he heard Ballard is clear favorite with Paton in second...sticking point is Ballard wants to fire Pagano because Taub is his guy...

dont know what what it's worth Corinth from Brad

I'm fine that this may be happening, but I'm really ticked that such detail is so public.

True or not.

It'd be annoying if it were a 'reality' show.

It's despicable in real life.

36 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Brad wells reporting he heard Ballard is clear favorite with Paton in second...sticking point is Ballard wants to fire Pagano because Taub is his guy...

Sticking point?  Hell, that's 3 pluses in his favor.

15 minutes ago, BPindy said:

Yeah not sure on Toub...if this has any truth to it. I do want Pagano replaced, but I'd feel bad for him if he finally got canned after this crazy month long rumor mill. 

Like you, I felt bad for Chuck.  Then I realized he was holding a 14 million dollar lottery ticket.  He will manage.

56 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

This feels dubious. Ballard would take the interview under the assumption that Pagano is the coach for at least this year. Not sure why he would completely dig his heels in the ground over what would essentially be a free year for him (if we don't have a good year, he can just fire Chuck). Seems like another unverified thing that can easily be retracted on, i.e. "they came to an agreement." Doubt Irsay would want this getting out if true, however.

5 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

This feels dubious. Ballard would take the interview under the assumption that Pagano is the coach for at least this year. Not sure why he would completely dig his heels in the ground over what would essentially be a free year for him (if we don't have a good year, he can just fire Chuck). Seems like another unverified thing that can easily be retracted on, i.e. "they came to an agreement." Doubt Irsay would want this getting out if true, however.

Free year?  Yes, let's blow all our cap space to fill out the defense of a guy who will likely be fishing and searching for Sasquatch in Colorado a year from now.

9 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

Seems a bit hard to believe. From special teams coordinator to HC? Cut me a break! I just fail to believe this thread. 

Toub has interviewed at least twice for head coaching positions in the NFL so it wouldn't be hard for me to believe.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Brad's not saying anything new either, I always remember hearing Toub with Ballard's name.

Ballard is known for wanting to be stout up front on both sides, he knows it's important. Toub played on the offensive line and was a D-line coach in Missouri for 3 years.

I am not saying Toub would be bad but not seeing him being an upgrade over Chuck. I could be wrong but I would love Ballard as GM anyway. I have faith in him building a Great Defense over the next 2 seasons if we hire him. He is such a huge upgrade over Grigson. Paton is still my #1 choice but Ballard would be 2nd.

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Free year?  Yes, let's blow all our cap space to fill out the defense of a guy who will likely be fishing and searching for Sasquatch in Colorado a year from now.

Eh? Ballard would have a year to evaluate the team without pressure and could still bring in quality defensive players. It's not like we need Pagano specific guys, just talent. Gives him a year to evaluate Pags as well.

Is Sasquatch in Colorado now?

28 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

if Toub were all that great he certainly wouldn't have spent a year as special teams coordinator. What was he responsible for... a kicker, a punter and a long snapper? Next job running a team's offense and defense and all else. Ridiculous. 

Add in coverage and return units, he has also been a historic special teams coach due to his work with the Bears during the Lovie years. I think his return units set records. He has been on the cusp of being a HC for several years. 

1 hour ago, Buddy Lee said:

if Toub were all that great he certainly wouldn't have spent a year as special teams coordinator. What was he responsible for... a kicker, a punter and a long snapper? Next job running a team's offense and defense and all else. Ridiculous. 

Like that dude Bill Belichick right? 

8 hours ago, gnet550 said:

5 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Actually that tweet came from a fake Brad Wells account. 

https://twitter.com/BradWelIsNFL

It could be a fake account,if it is it came from this Brad Wells account so is that fake also?  

Not much on twitter but the one I posted came from the one above. Sorry if it's Fake I just ran across it looking through the account above and thought I would share.

8 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I dont think the special teams coach for the Chiefs is Irsay's idea of a home run hire. If thats the "take it or leave it" from Ballard i bet Jim passes. Honestly, I wouldn't want another unproven assistant either.

Super Bowl winning coach John Haubaugh was also a special teams coordinator before getting the Ravens HC job.

1 hour ago, Mr Clueless said:

Yeah, look at the number of followers. But the twitter handles looks the same? Is that even possible?

He could have made his handle @BradWeIlsNFL the two L's in his name, one is an uppercase i and the other is a lower case l, they appear the same but they are not.

1 hour ago, TheGreatManning18Fan said:

It could be a fake account,if it is it came from this Brad Wells account so is that fake also?  

Not much on twitter but the one I posted came from the one above. Sorry if it's Fake I just ran across it looking through the account above and thought I would share.

find it hard to buy, suppose it's possible, but can't imagine a guy who is thought of highly and probably thinks highly of this position is going to mandate a newbie as far a head-coach as a condition of hire..... really hard to believe.  If Ballard doesn't make the Irsay cut, wasn't meant to be.  If Pagano WERE to factor into the hire, this GM hiring process is amiss, but again, not taking the bait on this one.

I find it hard to believe that Irsay would let his top candidate get away because he wants to give Pagano one more year.

If you believe your new GM is the right guy to get your business back on top, then trust him enough to select the coach he believes can help get you there.