Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think Irsay will make changes?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see why he gave them multi year extensions if he had any intention of only giving them a year to fix things.

I'm just hoping he doesn't see this as a Tampa (Dungy) situation where we get rid of the coach on the cusp of good things happening. Meaning he thinks they're close they just need another year or two.

Honestly, we have no idea what he's thinking, he could be totally drugged out and doesn't really care anymore. I'm not saying it's the case, simply commenting on his recent problems.

Sadly, both will probably be retained and next year will be eerily similar IMO.  Colts are regressing while the Titans and Texans are progressing.  I don't see how the Texans, Titans will just magically get worse.  The good news is there's a MONUMENTAL amount of room for improvement on the Colts side but with this coaching staff & management I do not feel confident this staff could even take the Patriots to the super bowl. 

Contrary to public opinion, yes.  A little extra coin isn't quite as important to Irsay as some think.  It's a cost/benefit analysis.  Looking at the long term health of the franchise, Luck's prime is more valuable than a buck or two to Grigson and Chuck.  Plus, someone will be dumb enough to hire Chuck, giving you an offset on that contract.  

I don't see how he couldn't and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't.  Jeff Fisher is the only HC I know that can lose year after year and still keep his job.  Most teams fire guys that do that 2 consecutive years.  Period.  The GM is another story.  i wouId like him gone too but I'm not sure that is going to happen.

I don't think he fires them this year.  I think Irsay puts the pressure on nailing this draft.   THEN if we sputter again, I think he fires them.

I honestly think Luck needs someone like Harbaugh who is a QB Whisperer.  I'm not sure anything changes unless Luck finds help in the offseason.  A breakthrough of sorts. 

No changes are coming anytime soon. Irsay is part of the problem, not a solution to any problem. Eventually people will stop coming to watch a trash ball team like the Colts, and when the stadium is empty and the Colts are even a bigger joke in the nfl then they are now... Maybe then irsay will think of his financial investment and find a coaching staff that can win consistently or at least win the horrendous Afc south. 

If you mean coaches/GM,  then no.  I personally think that they should.  But based on the comments I've heard from Irsay they will not be making changes.

However when it comes to the roster,  I expect aggressive changes. For all of the criticisms of this regime (rightfully so)  they haven't had a problem cutting players regardless of past performance or contract (Cherilus, Chapman, Irvin, come to mind immediately but I know there is more).  Again based on irsays comments, they know they have built the wrong kind of defense and their vision has been wrong.

I'd expect the vets to be gone.  DQ,  Jones (although he has been playing better of late), Cole, Mathis, maybe even Adams, Langford,  and Walden (not advocating for it, I just think it's possible).  I think we see a complete strip down of the defense.  I think that's a good thing.  I don't have a problem with Pagano scheme, just the players.  Since he is staying lets get him some verisitle players to run his multi front scheme for the first time. 

18 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't see how he couldn't and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't.  Jeff Fisher is the only HC I know that can lose year after year and still keep his job.  Most teams fire guys that do that 2 consecutive years.  Period.  The GM is another story.  i wouId like him gone too but I'm not sure that is going to happen.

Marvin Lewis has sucked with the exception of a few random years.....

Irsay gave Grigson and Pagano extensions.  That shows he's part of the problem.  In my opinion, the necessary changes would be for him to take a step back, maybe let one of his daughters take more control, hire better people, and hold higher standards.  The Colts have a culture where it's acceptable to be just good instead of trying to be great.

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Irsay gave Grigson and Pagano extensions.  That shows he's part of the problem.  In my opinion, the necessary changes would be for him to take a step back, maybe let one of his daughters take more control, hire better people, and hold higher standards.  The Colts have a culture where it's acceptable to be just good instead of trying to be great.

The girls are Grigson's biggest supporters and advocates unfortunately

Irsay must make the changes at GM and HC or the team will continue to slide downhill.

We still have a Head Scout trying to be a GM and a DBs coach trying to be a Head Coach...neither one of them has grown into their positions to a level of good NFL competence. How long does it take?

30 minutes ago, IinD said:

I can't see why he gave them multi year extensions if he had any intention of only giving them a year to fix things.

I'm just hoping he doesn't see this as a Tampa (Dungy) situation where we get rid of the coach on the cusp of good things happening. Meaning he thinks they're close they just need another year or two.

Honestly, we have no idea what he's thinking, he could be totally drugged out and doesn't really care anymore. I'm not saying it's the case, simply commenting on his recent problems.

Sadly, that could be the case. We don't know. Maybe that's why he gave them long extensions, a lot easier and less time consuming than searching for replacements. Leaving his lifestyle undisturbed?

22 minutes ago, Ratking said:

No changes are coming anytime soon. Irsay is part of the problem, not a solution to any problem. Eventually people will stop coming to watch a trash ball team like the Colts, and when the stadium is empty and the Colts are even a bigger joke in the nfl then they are now... Maybe then irsay will think of his financial investment and find a coaching staff that can win consistently or at least win the horrendous Afc south. 

He'd just move the team to vegas

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Sadly, that could be the case. We don't know. Maybe that's why he gave them long extensions, a lot easier and less time consuming than searching for replacements. Leaving his lifestyle undisturbed?

Yeah could be the case. I know in general he'll do what's best for Indy, but if he's not in his right mind, he could easily just feel let them worry about this.

56 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Put aside for a minute if you feel that they should. Do you think Irsay will make changes? Assuming we don't make the playoffs which we probably won't.

Nope, I don't think he will ...

... unless the 4-year (?) extensions he gave to Pags & Grigs have financial outs built in.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Yeah could be the case. I know in general he'll do what's best for Indy, but if he's not in his right mind, he could easily just feel let them worry about this.

This is so crazy to me. Irsay didn't fire everyone like people wanted, so that means he's doing drugs...???

remember hearing on radio, or reading, where Grigson seriously ingratiated himself with the Girls when he stepped in to run/advise on most of the daily operations when Irsay was suspended half the year or whatever, can't seem to find it now, but they thanked him profusely for trying to head the ship, and they seem to consider him almost family now..... if true, we're pretty much SOL

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

remember hearing on radio, or reading, where Grigson seriously ingratiated himself with the Girls when he stepped in to run/advise on most of the daily operations when Irsay was suspended half the year or whatever, can't seem to find it now, but they thanked him profusely for trying to head the ship, and they seem to consider him almost family now..... if true, we're pretty much SOL

Yeah and he was apparently taking liberties with one of his daughters too.

:bored:

5 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I could be mistaken I guess, can't locate a source.

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I never said that.

No, but that was the rumors paired with the sources you are talking about. it was all apart of the same rumors. the point is, take it with a grain of salt and certainly dont think it means he will be kept around.  being family didnt save polian or manning, it wont save grigson. he may be here next year, but its naive to think that has anything to do with it.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

No, but that was the rumors paired with the sources you are talking about. it was all apart of the same rumors. the point is, take it with a grain of salt and certainly dont think it means he will be kept around.  being family didnt save polian or manning, it wont save grigson.

True, and hopefully you are right, and clearer heads will prevail

No, I don't think so.  Grigson pretty much nailed this years draft so I think that accomplishment will help keep them both for next year.  There will be some other coaches brought in though and a few defensive FA's.  If we lose out that changes everything.  If we finish at 500 or close to 500 I think they're back.