Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great win!!! And the D showed a lot of promise

AllYouNeedIsLuck

1 minute ago, presto123 said:

I tuned in right when Dwayne Allen dropped that easy catch. No surprise there. We were up 21-0 and after that it seemed like the offense couldn't get anything going. I blame it on Allen. haha! A win is a win though.

Scripting those early drives during the bye week sure helped. 

Good win. It's still worrisome that we seem to either start off slow and have to make a comeback or start off really hot and let the team back in it. Not a healthy way to win games and it's something I don't see changing this season, at least not consistently.

But again, it was a good win. Good offensive playcalling in the 1st half.

Even though I'll give Vontae a pass because he's been injured, both our starting corners were awful today.

On a positive note, I was impressed with the run defense throughout all four quarters. They did a good job with Murray and Henry.

Just now, MTC said:

Even though I'll give Vontae a pass because he's been injured, both our starting corners were awful today.

On a positive note, I was impressed with the run defense throughout all four quarters. They did a good job with Murray and Henry.

I'm not sure if it's Mularky just being a bad coach, but I don't know why they don't scheme a few more runs with Mariotta. They could have gashed us several times today with a few qb keepers.

It's hard to completely dominate a team in the NFL. Yeah, it sucks that the Colts couldn't impose their will and crush the Titans, but the important thing is they got a huge win over a divisional opponent to put em at 5-5. The defense was great (relatively speaking haha). They held a Titans team that was averaging like 33 points (in the last 4 weeks), to just 17. And the run D was phenomenal.

Still got some work to do. And an even bigger one this Thursday against PIT. It'll be fun. Go Blue

I'm obviously stoked about the win, but I miss the times when the Colts destroyed teams. Why can't we do that anymore? Was Peyton that great?

This game had potential in terms of blowout. Could and should have been some message to the rest of the NFL after all this Titans after and "Mariota is a top 5 QB"-nonsense. But as usual the Colts let the opponents back in the game by making stupid mistakes.

- Allen being his usual crappy self

- Chuck not going for it on 4th despite having moved the ball on the Titans at will. Probably wanted Vinny "to get his". 

- Vinny missing from a distance you'd expect him to make it from. Titans get the ball in good field position.

The above absolutely killed the momentum. 28-0 or even 24-0 up, and I doubt it would have been as close as the final result. Titans likely wouldn't have scored before half time (remember, they scored their first TD after very good field position due to the missed kick), and we would have had the ball first in the 2nd half WITH momentum!

4 minutes ago, James said:

I'm obviously stoked about the win, but I miss the times when the Colts destroyed teams. Why can't we do that anymore? Was Peyton that great?

This game had potential in terms of blowout. Could and should have been some message to the rest of the NFL after all this Titans after and "Mariota is a top 5 QB"-nonsense. But as usual the Colts let the opponents back in the game by making stupid mistakes.

- Allen being his usual crappy self

- Chuck not going for it on 4th despite having moved the ball on the Titans at will. Probably wanted Vinny "to get his". 

- Vinny missing from a distance you'd expect him to make it from. Titans get the ball in good field position.

The above absolutely killed the momentum. 28-0 or even 24-0 up, and I doubt it would have been as close as the final result. Titans likely wouldn't have scored before half time (remember, they scored their first TD after very good field position due to the missed kick), and we would have had the ball first in the 2nd half WITH momentum!

I am happy too but you do realize we had one of the best teams ever from 2003-2009.

Love the win but this team has no killer instinct on offense, we had more than one opportunity to put this game out of reach and we did NOTHING.

I really do like the direction we are going I have seen many good things over the last two games and I am positive we can/will build on those.  We are back in a position to win the division and make the playoffs and that is the goal so yeah great win.

GO COLTS

1 hour ago, James said:

Although flawed, the Manning era teams were superior to this team at possibly every position on offense, with two all-world pass rushers and a DPOY in Bob, when healthy.  Talent wise, it's not even close.  

The Colts got five sacks today against a team that prides its self on line play plus they pretty much shut down their super star back.  The Colts won the battle up front all day on defense.  The pass coverage was shaky but that's because they were focusing so much on stopping the run.

Good win. Most of the first half was perfect football.

Tennesee is on the precipice of relevance. They are a decent team with a good O-Line, an up-and-coming QB, and two 1st round picks in the next draft.

I know that Houston has a bunch of studs,  but they really screwed the pooch with that Brock contract. The Titans are going to be our main competition in the coming years and they definitely have a head start in the talent department.  We just seem to have their number in the Andrew era. 

1 hour ago, Ja'Crispy said:

I like Geathers.  I like Ed Jackson's motor. I like Melvin's tackling. 

Edwin flew in like a missle on that one tackle where he chased down Mariota.   It that was Morrison or Mcnary he would have ran right by both of them.  Edwin Jacksons speed is evident out there. 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Edwin flew in like a missle on that one tackle where he chased down Mariota.   It that was Morrison or Mcnary he would have ran right by both of them.  Edwin Jacksons speed is evident out there. 

I like what I have seen from him. 

I love the win, although I have mixed feelings about the Pittsburgh game even at home.  We have to play our royal butts off to pull a win out of that one.  Stop with the dropped passes, consistent drives that end in points and continue to tackle well.  We always play Tennessee as if we are playing around with them.  Can't do that against Pittsburgh. 

53 minutes ago, #12. said:

Although flawed, the Manning era teams were superior to this team at possibly every position on offense, with two all-world pass rushers and a DPOY in Bob, when healthy.  Talent wise, it's not even close.  

Better players, better coaching, better talent evaluation.  It's a mystery lol