Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it over?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's far from over. Houston has some tough games coming up and we still play them again, anything can still happen.

Exactly..we win next week..Houston loses at Oakland and we're a game out of 1st place

.......with a home game with Hoston still left.

We can win the division...

I haven't researched the Texans schedule, but one would think 9 wins is enough to win the division. We would have to go 5-2 to finish the season to get there. 4-3 will get us to 8-8. I don't really trust this team to finish winning 5 out of the last 7 games. An 8-8 record seems realistic. Not over, but close to being over

Depends on the next two games for the Colts too.

Shockingly, I am giving us a shot vs. the Steelers since it is a home game. We have often played the Steelers A LOT closer in Indy then on the road. Even in 2011 we nearly beat them at home.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Depends on the next two games for the Colts too.

Shockingly, I am giving us a shot vs. the Steelers since it is a home game. We have often played the Steelers A LOT closer in Indy then on the road. Even in 2011 we nearly beat them at home.

Next week is definitely a must win vs Tennessee. Huge Division game, that would give us any tiebreakers over them if we need them.

No it's not over.  Not yet.  I'm not sure what you mean by "3 games over them ROS", but we just have to win one more than they do to take the division.  If you mean if we are tied, then yeah I think it goes down to division record after head-to-head.  Long way to go before that happens though.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly..we win next week..Houston loses at Oakland and we're a game out of 1st place

.......with a home game with Hoston still left.

We can win the division...

Yup. With a little luck, this could actually still happen. I know that the Packers are as bad as we are, but the Colts put together a decent game against them in Greenbay which is a rarity for any age of Colts fan. 

7 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

No it's not over.  Not yet.  I'm not sure what you mean by "3 games over them ROS", but we just have to win one more than they do to take the division.  If you mean if we are tied, then yeah I think it goes down to division record after head-to-head.  Long way to go before that happens though.

I was sooo hoping that Houston would have a hiccup and get upset by the woeful Jags today, but it wasn't meant to be.  Each game Houston wins sends bad vibes our way and haunting memories of last year, but more importantly, each game WE lose from here on out sends full blown Tsunami waves.  Looking at schedules Colts need to overachieve a bit and Houston needs to be early season Houston (and act like themselves again), and we'll slip and slide our way into the playoffs.

Still a lot of football left to play. In order for the Colts to have any shot at the Division (playoffs), they've got to play smart and stay healthy. Suddenly, Minnesota and Pittsburg look beatable. I don't think 10-6 is an impossibility.

All of the pundits point to Indy's defense and their O-line being bad. What they don't take into consideration is the fact that the Colts have been banged up and have not been able to play their starters. Now, they are starting to get healthy. Edwin Jackson may be an answer at ILB and their secondary could be exceptional.  If the D line and O line start to play well, the Colts could make some noise. 

It is always tempting to look further down the road but, at the moment, it can only be about us, and it can only be about the next game.

We move through the next few weeks with that mentality, then we see where we are as we move into December.  So many upsets and injuries can happen between now and then so lets just go one at a time and see where it takes us.

All we know for sure right now is we have to win against the Titans.

I could see Houston losing to San Diego, Green Bay, Oakland, and of course the Colts.   Houston has a problem with getting in the end zone.  A quarterback who consistently has about maybe 76 yards going into the middle of the third quarter.  Yes I include Green Bay because they'll wake up and play a solid football game or two sooner rather than later I do believe.  They may be struggling, but that QB is still putting points on the board.

Of course none of this matters if we don't take care of our own business starting this week.

One thing I will say about Houston is they are finding a way to beat the people they need to beat.  The games you expect them to win they are winning.  That hasn't been the case with us for many parts of the season.  Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us in the butt.

It's not yet definitively over, but if the Colts lose to the Titans this coming week, then it's over.  If the Colts win, there's still hope, but I still think they have to be 6-1 or better over their next 7 to be able to make the play-offs with a real expectation of playoff competitiveness.   

I think it is over.    Of course that could change.   After a quick look at the schedule, I see the most likely scenario for the Texans, Titans and Colts as:

Texans 10-6

Colts 9-7

Titans - 8-8

Coming off a bye week, the Colts should beat the Titans.  Houston has the Raiders at home, so they may lose that one.   That'd put us 1 game back, but Houston has the tie-breaker, so 2 games really. 

I don't know.  Personally I see a better record for us than 9-7.  I really don't see anybody else left on our schedule other than Pittsburgh that we don't have a strong shot of getting that W.  I think the 9-7 predictions are based on people not trusting that the Colts will play consistent football.    I say 10-6 to 11-5 is possible.  More like 10-6.

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know.  Personally I see a better record for us than 9-7.  I really don't see anybody else left on our schedule other than Pittsburgh that we don't have a strong shot of getting that W.  I think the 9-7 predictions are based on people not trusting that the Colts will play consistent football.    I say 10-6 to 11-5 is possible.  More like 10-6.

9-7 would be going 5-2 the rest of the way.   No way they go 11-5.   Long shot at 10-6.   Most likely is 8-8 which would be going 4-3.  

Why would people trust that the Colts will play consistent football.  Last 8 games - L,W,L,W,L,W,L,W.   I wee a trend of inconsistency.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

9-7 would be going 5-2 the rest of the way.   No way they go 11-5.   Long shot at 10-6.   Most likely is 8-8 which would be going 4-3.  

Why would people trust that the Colts will play consistent football.  Last 8 games - L,W,L,W,L,W,L,W.   I wee a trend of inconsistency.  

Who knows they may turn it around, they seem to be picking up some urgency.  There's not many strong offensive teams left on the schedule other than Pitt and maybe Oakland.  I could see 10-6, but yes 11-5 may be stretching it. We'll see as the games still have to be played starting with Tennessee.

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

Somebody could have made that same statement about Kansas City last year when they were 1-5.  Let's play the games.

Colts need to worry about beating Tenn on Sunday.  Houston has at Green Bay, at Oakland, at Indy, at Tenn vs Jax vs SD vs and vs Cin. I am not sure there favored in any of those games except Jax and maybe SD.  Those are all very tough games especially the road games.  The Colts have vs Ten, vs Pitt, at NYJ, vs Texans, at Minn, at Oak and vs Jax.  Not an easy schedule but a lot of winnable games.  Luckily Pitt is at home and Minnesota isn't playing like they did from the start of the year.  Colts have to win Sunday though or it is over. 

I was thinking ROS meant "Rest of Season", but that is only my guess.

Watching NFL was not the same yesterday with the Colts not playing, although the Dallas v Pitsburgh game looked a cracker.

It will be good to see the team back in action this week, and I hope they can start the way they finished with another victory.

Projecting wins out of order: Texans lose road games to Colts and Titans, win at home against Jags. Colts win out against division. Colts 7-5, Texans 7-5, both 4-2 in the division......4 remaining games:

Texans: @Oakland @Green Bay .....home Chargers, home Bengals

Colts :  @Oakland @Jets @Vikings ....home Steelers