Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay: "We Could Be 6-0"

Defjamz26

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's also what's killing me as well. Everything has an excuse. Regardless of how dumb it is or sounds.

Bad play..oh it's because of..

Melting down at the end..oh it's because of..

No D...oh it's because of..

4th and a foot..oh it's because of..

Fake punt play..oh it's because of..

Just fix it and stop with the excuses.

And that is precisely one of the core problems of this team (and part of this fan base).They refuse to admit how bad they are. They always think that things just don't roll their way sometimes because that's the nature of the game, and they're just a few steps away from being dominant. They trace every failure back to a slight miscue or two that if reversed would've changed everything.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

And a late TD to Hilton won us the Chargers game. Two sides to a coin. Man what's with our from office people making ridiculous statements all of a sudden? First Grigson with "It's going to take some time to build the D because of Luck's contract" and now this. Next week it'll be Pagano saying we're the best team in the AFC.

Pagano said last week we have a good defense. I think that qualifies under the "ridiculous statement" section. 

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And that is precisely one of the core problems of this team (and part of this fan base).They refuse to admit how bad they are. They always think that things just don't roll their way sometimes because that's the nature of the game, and they're just a few steps away from being dominant. They trace every failure back to a slight miscue or two that if reversed would've changed everything.

It sucks, but it's true. We blew a huge opportunity with Luck on his rookie deal.

People forget we had huge FA cash for a couple years which we've never had (during the Polian years) and have nothing to currently show for it. 

With that FA cash and even average drafts we should be sitting pretty right now, but we're basically looking at a rebuild on D minus 2 or 3 guys.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You know I can't stand Grigson and I'm not too thrilled with Pagano either but your right NCF. I don't get the Irsay hate he really is an awesome owner. I hope your right tho and this is all just talk and if we happen to keep struggling then Jim will do what needs to be done.

You know I'm not happy but the Irsay bashing and blaming Luck for everything is terrible.

Well...Irsay usually brings it on himself by running his mouth.  He also extended dumb and dumber.  And Andrew is usually both good and bad Luck on game day.

Seriously, Why does he have to do these interviews when our team is two and four and you know everyone is looking for not only your GM's head on a stick and your HC's head on a stick but the Owners head as well and then feel compelled to defend himself, Ryan Grigson, Chuck Pagano instead of laying low. He should be keeping to Twitter contests and his music and keeping to things behind the scenes. He isn't a dumb man. He knows nothing good will come from giving interviews right now with the shape the team is in

He really is better off laying low up to and through this off season and all that comes with it such as FA and the draft then when we make the necessary moves to get this team on the right track and winning again THEN do an interview if he wants. I'd take the seen but not heard approach for a while if I was Jim

Things should get better BUT right now is not the time to go on the defense or saying we could be 6-0. Nothing good can come of it

I think he is a great guy when it comes down to it, But I also think he has some issues that go beyond the drug problem. I think he wants people to like him. I think he needs people to like him at times. Like he is lonely inside or something. I also think he opens himself up to the world and given his history with drug problems combined with him being the owner of an NFL franchise and a billionaire you are open to a ton of scrutiny and hate and for a guy I think that needs to feel liked it leads to him always trying to justify the organizations actions. Particularly when they go wrong...Instead of laying low and correcting mistakes

28 minutes ago, IinD said:

It sucks, but it's true. We blew a huge opportunity with Luck on his rookie deal.

People forget we had huge FA cash for a couple years which we've never had (during the Polian years) and have nothing to currently show for it. 

With that FA cash and even average drafts we should be sitting pretty right now, but we're basically looking at a rebuild on D minus 2 or 3 guys.

It's funny because before the contract people said we had to keep his contract in mind. Now it's here and it's the same thing.

Agree with everything. We are a bad football team. However, we've managed to stay in games. In my opinion, that's all Andrew Luck. He has been getting due criticism; however, he's kept us competitive. Only a few plays away from being a  different ending.

Imagine if Tolzein was starting. 

5 hours ago, dw49 said:

Bad football teams are more often 2-4 than 6-0.

This has been a bad football team over the first 6 weeks of the season. They have tackled poorly (horribly ?)  , have zero pass rush , often can't protect the QB , weak enough that their coach twice with the game on the line won't run the ball 4th and inches. If that's not enough .. they can't cover RB's or TE's and our guys drop far too many passes.  

Our owner's comments are ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Seriously, Why does he have to do these interviews when our team is two and four and you know everyone is looking for not only your GM's head on a stick and your HC's head on a stick but the Owners head as well and then feel compelled to defend himself, Ryan Grigson, Chuck Pagano instead of laying low. He should be keeping to Twitter contests and his music and keeping to things behind the scenes. He isn't a dumb man. He knows nothing good will come from giving interviews right now with the shape the team is in

He really is better off laying low up to and through this off season and all that comes with it such as FA and the draft then when we make the necessary moves to get this team on the right track and winning again THEN do an interview if he wants. I'd take the seen but not heard approach for a while if I was Jim

Things should get better BUT right now is not the time to go on the defense or saying we could be 6-0. Nothing good can come of it

I think he is a great guy when it comes down to it, But I also think he has some issues that go beyond the drug problem. I think he wants people to like him. I think he needs people to like him at times. Like he is lonely inside or something. I also think he opens himself up to the world and given his history with drug problems combined with him being the owner of an NFL franchise and a billionaire you are open to a ton of scrutiny and hate and for a guy I think that needs to feel liked it leads to him always trying to justify the organizations actions. Particularly when they go wrong...Instead of laying low and correcting mistakes

So because the team is not playing well he should just shut up because you don't like what he has to say?

If he was ask a question and replied no comment you and a few others would find fault with that so what difference does it make?

The Colts are no different than any other team in the NFL. It has it's share of fair weather fans for sure. I understand why there are so many who are unhappy with the way the team has been playing but to call for the firing of everyone from the owner down to the water boy is totally ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It's not really saying much since we've played mostly below average teams besides the Broncos and, depending on your view, the Texans.

The Chargers are also like this, where they're 2-4 but have only lost their games by a total of 14 points, but that's no excuse. You are what your record says you are.

How many yrs have the Chargers been close to doing something? LOL.  So that's where we're at now.  The Chargers of the AFC South.  

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

Well, he's not entirely wrong. Weve not really been flat spanked. A few self inflicted wounds and some missed tackles, the only game I think we weren't I was the jags. 

Correct. And anybody that posts other wise has no clue/or never watched any of the games

56 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

Agree with everything. We are a bad football team. However, we've managed to stay in games. In my opinion, that's all Andrew Luck. He has been getting due criticism; however, he's kept us competitive. Only a few plays away from being a  different ending.

Imagine if Tolzein was starting. 

I imagine we would have the first overall pick if we had to go to Tolzein.

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So because the team is not playing well he should just shut up because you don't like what he has to say?

If he was ask a question and replied no comment you and a few others would find fault with that so what difference does it make?

First don't put me into some type of group think. Second like I said their is nothing good that can come from him doing interviews right now. Not regarding the state of the team or what could have been. What part of my post did I say he should just shut up? I very clearly said he should stick to his twitter contests and his music. You also don't have to defend the organization and play mediator for every bad decision they make. They are big boys and can handle themselves. When they do it wrongly or at a bad time like when your team is 2-4 and not able to put a quality product out on the field with any consistency fans and media will be like vultures on a carcass and spit all kinds of nasty venom on you and pick you apart and the more your team loses going forward this year the more media and fans bring up some of the negative things Irsay has said and done.

And so it goes around and around like a vicious cycle

3 minutes ago, Gavin said:

First don't put me into some type of group think. Second like I said their is nothing good that can come from him doing interviews right now. Not regarding the state of the team or what could have been. What part of my post did I say he should just shut up? I very clearly said he should stick to his twitter contests and his music. You also don't have to defend the organization and play mediator for every bad decision they make. They are big boys and can handle themselves. When they do it wrongly or at a bad time like when your team is 2-4 and not able to put a quality product out on the field with any consistency fans and media will be like vultures on a carcass and spit all kinds of nasty venom on you and pick you apart and the more your team loses going forward this year the more media and fans bring up some of the negative things Irsay has said and done

If Irsay should stay silent then it turns into what? He don't have nothing to say? Irsay is the owner. He will defend his team no matter what the circumstances are. For you or anyone else to determine what is right or what is wrong on what he says, does and what he should do is irrelevant.

Just because I don't play the sky is falling and feel this team needs blowing up you and a few other feel I play mediator. That is not true. I just face reality. Most feel the team needs people fired without thinking about what then? Lots of opinion on a lot of things but there is nothing that says it would be better. Believe me when I say it could get a lot worse but most don't look that far down the road. They want instant results and gratification and that is not the way things work in the NFL. We fire the GM and head coach when ever things get rough and then we become a team like the Browns or the past Bucs. The old saying beware of what you ask for holds true in the case IMO.

11 hours ago, dw49 said:

Bad football teams are more often 2-4 than 6-0.

This has been a bad football team over the first 6 weeks of the season. They have tackled poorly (horribly ?)  , have zero pass rush , often can't protect the QB , weak enough that their coach twice with the game on the line won't run the ball 4th and inches. If that's not enough .. they can't cover RB's or TE's and our guys drop far too many passes.  

Our owner's comments are ridiculous. 

Look at Carolina. The difference between 15-1 and 1-5 is thin. Irsay isn't out of control for thinking like that. If we lose to the Titans, especially if it's a blowout, maybe we can say he's crazy. The guys sees a winning team, that's good. If he thought they were garbage it would be pretty certain.

29 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Look at Carolina. The difference between 15-1 and 1-5 is thin. Irsay isn't out of control for thinking like that. If we lose to the Titans, especially if it's a blowout, maybe we can say he's crazy. The guys sees a winning team, that's good. If he thought they were garbage it would be pretty certain.

I agree. I don't know what some fans expect Jimmy to say? Jimmy is not going to call his team players losers and chastise them to the media.

I understand there are a lot of fans unhappy with the way things have gone down this season but Jimmy has pride and cares about this team.

For some to think he should talk about his team any other way than he did haven't followed Jimmy too long and should know he is not going to do it.

He didn't do it when we went 2-14 and he is not going to media blast his players this season either no matter what the finale game brings.

Fans making statements about what Jimmy should be saying and what he should be doing is fandom at most and has no effect on what he will be doing. Calling him stupid and every other name they can think of is narrow minded and childish IMO.

The only way to get better is to keep playing. If things don't turn around then there will be some changes at the time when changes can be made.

Weren't the 2005 Giants also 2-4 at this stage? I guess that for a true fan, and I sure think that Irsay is one, the hope doesn't die until the end. We've seen teams to turn around their seasons this late so if you don't mind I'll try to remain a believer.

39 minutes ago, Gyworks said:

Weren't the 2005 Giants also 2-4 at this stage? I guess that for a true fan, and I sure think that Irsay is one, the hope doesn't die until the end. We've seen teams to turn around their seasons this late so if you don't mind I'll try to remain a believer.

Oh god. That is literally the worst excuse ever. Trying to compare one teams situation to a similar one in the past. Not every team is the same and trying to use what another team with completely different players, coaches, opponents, and front office people is a weak argument and is a double edged sword just like Irsays argument. There are actually more 2-4 teams that missed the playoffs then there are that made some miraculous turnaround. Why pick the Giants and ignore all the 2-4 teams that don't support your belief?

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Oh god. That is literally the worst excuse ever. Trying to compare one teams situation to a similar one in the past. Not every team is the same and trying to use what another team with completely different players, coaches, opponents, and front office people is a weak argument and is a double edged sword just like Irsays argument. There are actually more 2-4 teams that missed the playoffs then there are that made some miraculous turnaround. Why pick the Giants and ignore all the 2-4 teams that don't support your belief?

Cause I'm a fan thus I'm a believer and I'll cheer for any good plays our team makes and I'll be mad for all missed tackles. I will be happy for any more Colts win this season and will be devestated if they lose.  It's the life of a fan and I can only feel sorry for those who watch the games without hope.

4 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I'm looking at the roster , the tacking , the play calls in crucial situations and certain areas of the team. I already posted what areas this team is horribly bad in so I won't be repetitive. From this I draw my opinion that after 6 games this is a bad poorly coached team. IMO , it's not unfair for a fan to think our owner's comment was not to the point. Has anybody even mentioned that other than Denver , this schedule has been very easy. Houston got 53 minutes of ungodly bad play from their QB and we still blow the game.

Even when we were winning in previous seasons, we could have easily been 3-13.   We don't exactly dominate the opposition with the exception of a few games here and there.  The Bengals game at Lucas a couple of years ago is an example where we hung a lot of points and they were a goose egg.  Then there were some where WE were dominated....vs. Pittsburgh, vs. Dallas.   In summary, most of our games are pretty close so our record could be and could have been much worse very easily. 

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

Even when we were winning in previous seasons, we could have easily been 3-13.   We don't exactly dominate the opposition with the exception of a few games here and there.  The Bengals game at Lucas a couple of years ago is an example where we hung a lot of points and they were a goose egg.  Then there were some where WE were dominated....vs. Pittsburgh, vs. Dallas.   In summary, most of our games are pretty close so our record could be and could have been much worse very easily. 

Which is what people are not getting. The logic in the argument is so flawed. It works both ways. If you're going to say that when you lose a close game, then the same has to be true when you win a close game. That logic can basically dismantle any significance those 3 11-5 seasons had if you listen to Irsay. 2012 could have easily been a 8-8 or worse season. That's why you only talk on facts and the NOW. What could've been is never a credible basis for why there should be optimism.

I don't expect him to come out and say "Yeah we suck, I messed up" but either don't say anything at all or make a non-damaging but true statement. Something like "Right now we're not playing good and we need to do better" would have been a perfectly acceptable and PR friendly statement.