Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where were all the complaints the first 50 minutes?

tfunky14

Where were all the defense complaints the first 50 minutes? 

I don't think there where any. Everyone wants to lay blame on someone after a loss. Yes is sucks when the Colts lose but someone has to lose.

Out of know where plays

The freakish catch and run by L. Miller for the TD in the 4th

The unbelievable catch down the side line in OT with good coverage on the WR

If your going to blame a Colt, blame the offense not getting the 4th and inches in the 4th that would have sealed the game.

The offense needs to do more, not the defense

23-9 with a few minutes left in the game- then D sucked. O sucked. coaching sucked- another blown lead followed by collapsing in every phase. Last minutes exposed everything that is wrong with this team. Can't pass protect, can't rush the passer, can't cover a TE or RB out of the backfield, costly penalties.  More than enough blame to be had for everyone.  Not about the first 50 though, about the whole 60, putting it together to win a game. Team hasn't done it this year. 

35 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

I don't think there where any. Everyone wants to lay blame on someone after a loss. Yes is sucks when the Colts lose but someone has to lose.

Out of know where plays

If your going to blame a Colt, blame the offense not getting the 4th and inches in the 4th that would have sealed the game.

We're not allowed to post during the game or else there probably would have been

37 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Out of know where plays

i was in the gameday thread, there were complaints all game long...... the reason there's no thread during the game to start complaining is because the mods lock down the forum during the game.....

58 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Out of know where plays

I'll agree the offense is not entirely blameless here. A dubious decision to go for it on 4th and inches (and the play-call was also questionable -- shotgun? Really? With Frank Gore on the team?) and Luck's untimely INT to end the half attributed to this. However, you are up 23-9 with 7:00 minutes left. The defense CAN'T give up that lead. That is ridiculous that an NFL defense could play that poorly, banged up or not.

The defense is lacking talent there is no doubt. But Pagano, who is touted as a defensive mind, needs to get with his DC and devise a plan to merely slow down the Texans so they can't score quickly and you win. It didn't happen, and it started out with a mind-boggling play where Lamar Miller made our entire defense look like a bunch of 6-year olds trying to tackle him on the first touchdown of the 4th quarter. It was pathetic. The second TD pass to their TE was also awful coverage.

1 hour ago, tfunky14 said:

Out of know where plays

To be fair, ours mods do a good job of making sure no threads are made during the game so that's my excuse haha

1 hour ago, tfunky14 said:

Out of know where plays

The offense played pretty well for the most part. 392 total yards and only 1 turnover. There were a couple of untimely sacks and some penalties. But they didn't do that bad.

23 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

I'll agree the offense is not entirely blameless here. A dubious decision to go for it on 4th and inches (and the play-call was also questionable -- shotgun? Really? With Frank Gore on the team?) and Luck's untimely INT to end the half attributed to this. However, you are up 23-9 with 7:00 minutes left. The defense CAN'T give up that lead. That is ridiculous that an NFL defense could play that poorly, banged up or not.

That is the thing.   Being up by 14 with only 7 minutes left should be a win.   Pagano, a supposed defensive guy, is failing miserably again.  

28 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

The defense is lacking talent there is no doubt. But Pagano, who is touted as a defensive mind, needs to get with his DC and devise a plan to merely slow down the Texans so they can't score quickly and you win. It didn't happen, and it started out with a mind-boggling play where Lamar Miller made our entire defense look like a bunch of 6-year olds trying to tackle him on the first touchdown of the 4th quarter. It was pathetic. The second TD pass to their TE was also awful coverage.

I think if we stop Miller on that crazy play (which should have never happened with one guy chasing Miller to the left and Walden trailing behind) we win the game.  They would have kicked a field goal instead of getting 7.  Oh Well!

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think if we stop Miller on that crazy play (which should have never happened with one guy chasing Miller to the left and Walden trailing behind) we win the game.  They would have kicked a field goal instead of getting 7.  Oh Well!

They go on 4th down. No way they leave it a 2 score game with around 2:48 left on the clock. So they had to hold one more play if they make a "routine tackle."

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

They go on 4th down. No way they leave it a 2 score game with around 2:48 left on the clock. So they had to hold one more play if they make a "routine tackle."

I agree make them use the clock and call timeouts and lack of spacing from players and allowing a player to cutback to the middle of the field lack of tackling is inexcusable

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I lost track of the situation there.  Point taken.

4 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Yep someone who doesn't  see the whole picture...

im not sure that you are seeing it

BO was just plain missing throws.  if he hit open receivers early, this game would not have been close

miller had 130+ yards, by far his best since joining the texans.

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

BO was just plain missing throws.  if he hit open receivers early, this game would not have been close

Agree, agree, agree....We have a habit of making RB's look like all-pro's.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I lost track of the situation there.  Point taken.

I don't blame you for getting confused after watching that meltdown. 

All it takes to explain that loss is the offense , defense and coaching staff just plain "chocked." The roster is what it is but all it took was a play or two (by the offense or defense) on any of the last 6 drives in that game . Missed tackles , penalties , protection breakdowns and bad play calling ran rampant in those last 7 minutes. 

1 hour ago, SilentHill said:

We're not allowed to post during the game or else there probably would have been

Actually, you are allowed to post during the game.  But if the post refers to the anything involving the game itself, it must be placed in the game day thread, otherwise the thread will get locked.  Non game posts are allowed unless it's an obvious vent or rant because of the events of the game.

Of course, rants (as long as it is kept clean) are common in Chat as well.

35 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

And the defense had nothing to do with Osweiler performance early in the game?

Not much in this game.    He was not pressured much.   He usually had open receivers.   If he had been any number of other QB's this would have been a rout.  

6 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Out of know where plays

Maybe you could tell me who Mike Adams was trying to tackle on the touchdown catch as he pulled a high speed fly by or how many tackles were missed during Millers touchdown run or how many pressures and sacks we had, or for that matter making Lamar Miller look like a Hall of Famer as he ran for 150 yrds.  But yes, we did need to score 30 to win against a miserable QB, that is also true.  What's also true is how you finish matters and we needed one simple stop and never came remotely close in three attempts.  You are correct though the offense needed one first down and we couldn't muster that either so....not good right now.

Out of know where plays

Maybe you could tell me who Mike Adams was trying to tackle on the touchdown catch as he pulled a high speed fly by or how many tackles were missed during Millers touchdown run or how many pressures and sacks we had, or for that matter making Lamar Miller look like a Hall of Famer as he ran for 150 yrds.  But yes, we did need to score 30 to win against a miserable QB, that is also true.  What's also true is how you finish matters and we needed one simple stop and never came remotely close in three attempts.  You are correct though the offense needed one first down and we couldn't muster that either so....not good right now.

Out of know where plays

Umm.... if you don't want to blame anyone, fine.  But blaming the offense instead is illogical. 

4 hours ago, dw49 said:

I don't blame you for getting confused after watching that meltdown. 

All it takes to explain that loss is the offense , defense and coaching staff just plain "chocked." The roster is what it is but all it took was a play or two (by the offense or defense) on any of the last 6 drives in that game . Missed tackles , penalties , protection breakdowns and bad play calling ran rampant in those last 7 minutes. 

That last sentence is exactly why I'm over these coaches.

It's either we get blown out or lose after a slow start and now we can add late game meltdowns.

They never put it together, it's always something with them.

Can't keep making excuses for bad coaches. Regardless of their circumstances, I'd bet MOST nfl coaches would have come away with a W up 14 with a few minutes to go.

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Also if stupid bI'll Obrien would have run the ball more early on they would have killed us this D didn't do crap lol

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

agree

11 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

4th and inches and that's the defenses' fault, that doesn't make sense

one could always argue that a loss is becasue the offense didnt score enough or the defense didnt get enough stops.

i say it was the defense this time

i could single out plays where the defense blew it last night too if you want

7 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Out of know where plays

The fact that complaints weren't posted during the course of the game means nothing.

Luck's interception at the end of the first half.      You think no one is complaining?

The sneak on 3rd and inches?       You think no one is complaining?

The pass attempt on 4th and two feet?       You think no one is complaining?

The inability to stop the Texans running game.      You think no one is complaining?

The constant penalties.          You think no one is complaining?

Come on now...........