Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

29.6 Points Per Game Average

RollerColt

We are tied with the Browns for dead last in points scored against us and ranking 3rd worst for total yards allowed. It's interesting that we have one of the best offenses with arguably the worst defense in football.

We've had a bottom 15 defense many times over the years, but a bottom 5? 

The only solace at least, is that as the season progresses our younger pups get more reps and therefore more experience. Perhaps the entire unit will start to gel more effectively... 

It's just awful.  Missed tackles, no pressure on the QB.  The Colts defense makes Hoyer and Osweiller(I am sure he'll be on fire this Sunday) look like Brady and Rodgers.  It's awful to watch.  2012-14 the defense was bad, like you said bottom 15, but not bottom 5 and they also seemed to minimize points. They gave up yardage but minimized points(for the most part).  Now they give up both yardage and points.  They are also more so built to play better with a lead which rarely happens.  The offense is going to have to outscore teams to win games because the defense isn't built to stop anyone.

I think Robinson faked the Injury. I mean if he's truly hurt than I'm sorry for him, but the way he was burnt up yesterday leads me to believe he just quit in his horrible day....

We will get smoked by the Texans next week. Merideth, Howard and Jeffry are cakewalk compared to Nuk, Fuller and Miller. It's going to be ugly

Total lack of pressure.

This is the root cause of Pagano's diminishing defense.  Unfortunately it affects all facets of the game plan, both offensively and defensively.

Pagano's flawed game plan needs to incorporate Chud's 4th quarter offensive philosophy into quarters 1,2 & 3.  Since Pagano employs the same stagnant defense throughout the game, it is the only strategy that offers a sliver of hope to offset his less than spectacular defensive strategy.  

Most of the starters have been back for a couple games now and you could argue they are doing no better than when they were hurt. That is troubling to me.  I thought we would see some improvement by now.  Vontae is the only returnee that I can say his return has helped.  Got to hope it's just the guys getting used to each other and team defense will improve. 

Not much to say, will be tough to get better as guys will inevitably get injured as well, still got 11 games left.

We'll have street guys playing in the final 3-4 weeks of the season because of injury so that won't help.

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

We are tied with the Browns for dead last in points scored against us and ranking 3rd worst for total yards allowed. It's interesting that we have one of the best offenses with arguably the worst defense in football.

How about the fact that our WRs lead the league in drops, but Luck's still having the best season of his career?

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

A friend of mine was trying to convince me that he sucked yesterday. I had some fun with that.

HA! Far from it! I saw a few flashes of Big Ben in Andrew yesterday, the way he moved around the pocket and extended play after play. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

HA! Far from it! I saw a few flashes of Big Ben in Andrew yesterday, the way he moved around the pocket and extended play after play. 

As far as gliding around in the pocket goes, I was thinking Aaron Rodgers, just not quite as suave. Big Ben's probably a little more on the money.

16 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

A friend of mine was trying to convince me that he sucked yesterday. I had some fun with that.

Let me guess.  You're friend is a Pats, Texans, Seahawks or RGIII fan?  Those are about the only fans that would come out and say Andrew Luck sucks.  Maybe some fake Colts fans too haha

20 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Let me guess.  You're friend is a Pats, Texans, Seahawks or RGIII fan?  Those are about the only fans that would come out and say Andrew Luck sucks.  Maybe some fake Colts fans too haha

He's a Bengals guy, and seems to think that if you're the highest paid QB, you should throw a minimum of 10TDs per game. He also thinks Joey Votto sucks at hitting, so his sports acumen isn't the strongest.

44 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

26 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Unfortunately, there are a lot of casual Colts fans in town that are starting to believe this rhetoric. It doesn't help when guys like Dakich can't wait to tell you how mediocre the guy is every time he makes a mistake. I actually listened to him make the case for Carson Wentz being better than Luck after going out of his way to call the Colts receivers one of the slowest groups in the NFL.

It's the same intellectual negligence that has made this election cycle the monstrosity that it is.

2 hours ago, cbear said:

Most of the starters have been back for a couple games now and you could argue they are doing no better than when they were hurt. That is troubling to me.  I thought we would see some improvement by now.  Vontae is the only returnee that I can say his return has helped.  Got to hope it's just the guys getting used to each other and team defense will improve. 

You could actually argue that they're legitimately worse now that all the starters are back. Nothing on the defensive side of the ball makes sense at this point, so I just treat it like religion, and pray.

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The same way Peyton Manning made Jim Caldwell look like a good coach, Ray Lewis made Chuck Pagano look like a good coach

That's exactly what I was thinking of earlier today. The Colts don't have Ngata, Lewis, Suggs and Reed to make Pagano look like a great defensive coach! 

1 hour ago, GoColts00 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking of earlier today. The Colts don't have Ngata, Lewis, Suggs and Reed to make Pagano look like a great defensive coach! 

and we wont have a good defense this year..

...so we have to survive. We need to look at corners who are on the street...

we need somebody who is healthy..we cant keep putting injured perimiter players on the field and wondering why they cant tackle and cant cover

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

I think Robinson faked the Injury. I mean if he's truly hurt than I'm sorry for him, but the way he was burnt up yesterday leads me to believe he just quit in his horrible day....

We will get smoked by the Texans next week. Merideth, Howard and Jeffry are cakewalk compared to Nuk, Fuller and Miller. It's going to be ugly

He faked the injury?  You really believe that?

hahah my god

15 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

31st in the league in passing yards

30th in the league in completion percentage allowed

Tied for 3rd worst in the league in sacks

Tied for dead last in interceptions

Tied for dead last in the league in points allowed

But by all means: 

Image result for pagano meme

thats about what i would expect with the talent we have plus all of the injuries

im not a big fan of our coaching staff and FO either, but we they are here for the time being

its not like irsay listens to fans calling for those guys to be fired, we might as well accept them for now

23 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The same way Peyton Manning made Jim Caldwell look like a good coach, Ray Lewis made Chuck Pagano look like a good coach

Yes, Ray Lewis and his gang. And pagao was a DC only for one season. He's been a db coach almost exclusively in his career. And I don't remember where ravens D ranked that season. I don't think it was top 5? Might not even been top 10?

I personally not sure pagano would even be a average DC.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

31st in the league in passing yards

30th in the league in completion percentage allowed

Tied for 3rd worst in the league in sacks

Tied for dead last in interceptions

Tied for dead last in the league in points allowed

But by all means: 

Image result for pagano meme

With that shirt and axe Pagano should have Luck's neck beard. Lol.

I don't know, I could see the Colts D come out swinging holding Brock to a mere 368 yards with 3-4 TDs.  

Sad part is, this could possibly to be the week where he finally looks good.  People will be like, "maybe he was worth it, he looked really good!!!!!" until he stinks it up against Denver the week after, then Detroit the week after that.  This Colts D is notorious for making mediocre players look like stars and has been for years.

13 hours ago, runthepost said:

And what's concerning is we have yet to play a top 10 offense 

Weeeeellllllll..........not exactly.  The Chargers currently sit 8th in total ypg and 2nd in ppg, while the Bears sit 9th in total ypg.  Of course some of that could be directly attributed to playing the Colts.

Hey, I got a positive!  At least they aren't ranked in the 40's!

On 10/10/2016 at 0:40 PM, Indeee said:

Nah, he's a professional player. I kind of wondered that same thing to myself at the time but I dont think he would feign injury just to get out of the game.

I do agree with your last two sentences though, it could be really ugly vs the Texans passing game.