Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Free Agency Grievances Thread [Mega-merge]

SilentHill

36 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The bottom line is most of these FAs aren't worth the price they are getting.

Its quite laughable how many of you are upset about not signing anybody!

Sooo many people on this forum have no perspective at all!!! They live in some fantasy world where we can go out and sign every player we think we need and want like were the only team with money and all our problems will be fixed instantaneously. It's quite sad. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Sooo many people on this forum have no perspective at all!!! They live in some fantasy world where we can go out and sign every player we think we need and want like were the only team with money and all our problems will be fixed instantaneously. It's quite sad. 

Exactly. Free agency literally started officially 3 hours ago. We havent even had the draft yet. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Some of us told some of you that this was coming,  but you didn't want to believe it.

Some of us said we don't have enough money to compete for the top free agents.

Some of us said the Free Agent money is INSANE!!      And now the top guys are going elsewhere for crazy money and you act.....     surprised and offended and upset.      This wasn't that hard to see coming.

I hope we can keep Freeman....     I wanted us to keep Fleener, but that doesn't look likely now....

Not sure who will be available in the mid-market and bottom market range where we often shop....?

But the usual suspects are the ones that are complaining....      very predictable.

I couldn't like this enough times.

PS let bygones be bygones? All I can say is sorry for losing my cool and fir being a *.

The problem is not the lack of spending in FA this year, the situation dictates it, with Luck's contract looming, with new big contracts for Castonzo, Hilton, Allen. The problem is the need at certain positions generated by past draft picks (Werner, Richardson, yeah I know, Newsome)  and free agents (Cherilus, Thomas, etc.) that did not work out for various reasons. This leaves them with many holes to fill from draft, when the draft itself is a lottery. It would have been great if they had another class of good young defensive players from 2014 to go with the promissing ones from 2015 class (Anderson, Perry, and Geathers).

22 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Out of Osemele, Allen, Brooks, and Boone we could have signed one of those players had we made a good offer. Out of the corners left. Smith, Hayward, Amukamara, and Patrick Robinson we can sign one of those guys. You let on like we cant sign any good players because players get to pick where they sign. Well obviously they get to pick where they sign but had we made offers to those guys we could have gotten one of them. And actually. if a player get the same offer he'd probably rather come here than to some loser team with no QB

22 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I couldn't like this enough times.

PS let bygones be bygones? All I can say is sorry for losing my cool and fir being a *.

Done!     And my apologies for my part as well....    tempers can get short here...    mine too...

No worries.....    I don't even remember what we disagreed on?!     At this time of the year,  the posts fly so fast and so furiously that you move on to the next thought really fast.....     hopefully better days ahead for you and me and the Colts....

Maybe we make our splash on Day 2?    Day 3?    Whenever reality sets in for other players and they realize they're not going to get their asking price and can sign guys to reasonable deals?     Maybe we're borrowing from the Patriots and other teams who are more selective than we have been?    

Maybe it's a new day and a new way for the Colts?    Let's hope so.....

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I wouldn't say we have "glaring holes" in the secondary, but we will need a safety to replace Adams, and an upgrade at CB2. D-line could use a bit more depth, but it was much improved talent-wise from 14-15, so it's actually our biggest strength on D at this point. 

As for Grigson's plan, he's probably watching the other teams in our division waste tons of money and draft picks on guys like Brock Osweiler, Demarco Murray, Malik Jackson, etc... all trying desperately to compete with the Colts, and he's probably laughing like a crazy person.

Given Grigson's free agent history, he shouldn't be laughing at anybody.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Done!     And my apologies for my part as well....    tempers can get short here...    mine too...

No worries.....    I don't even remember what we disagreed on?!     At this time of the year,  the posts fly so fast and so furiously that you move on to the next thought really fast.....     hopefully better days ahead for you and me and the Colts....

Maybe we make our splash on Day 2?    Day 3?    Whenever reality sets in for other players and they realize they're not going to get their asking price and can sign guys to reasonable deals?     Maybe we're borrowing from the Patriots and other teams who are more selective than we have been?    

Glad to see this:thmup:

Although I don't want to go out and break the bank on the first couple of days on FA's that turn out to be mediocre, I don't believe that a team can build entirely through the draft.  We're going to need a couple of FA's to fill holes in regards to quality of player.   Pass Rush OLB, C, G, (possibly RT), and maybe CB.  

I'd like to see Indy get a Center and maybe a RG soon, but I don't know who.  Maybe they draft OLB at pick 18.  Or, they find a FA OLB and draft OL at pick 18.  Obviously quality goes down.  Yes, we'd fill holes but not at the quality that you could in utilizing FA while building through the draft.  

Man, I so badly wanted to stay out of this thread but couldn't. So here you go.

All of a sudden Luck forgets how to play QB, Castanzo and the other OL forget how to block, VD and the others in the secondary forget how to play, and the whole team is a dumpster fire. That is what one might think after seeing the morale of our Colts fans, like we have such a loser of a team.

Free agency is not yet over, and QBs like Peyton, Brady, Luck, Rodgers, Brees have all had to mask some of their team's deficiencies in some fashion or the other till things come together. Free agency is still young and if we end up with a few of Weddle, Hayward, Upshaw, our own Freeman and Stefan Wisniewski, would you take it?

I think our mistake in the past has been jumping the gun and signing guys like RJF, Toler, Landry etc. within a week of free agency. When the dust settles, we will get some bargains.

3 hours ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Build through the draft and pay your own guys. 

It's pretty simple. Look at New England, Green Bay, Carolina and Denver. 

If Grigs isn't paying top $$$ for big name FA's it doesn't mean he's not looking for upgrades via FA, it just means he's being frugal which is good.

Yes, that's the way it should be done.  Unfortunately, Grigson didn't really do that over the past 4 years.  I would have been ok with a couple of bad seasons in '12 and '13 if it meant that we were filling the coffers with young talent to develop.  Grigson wanted to rebuild and win now simultaneously.  It's probably not all his fault because Irsay expressed his desire to win while Luck was on his rookie deal.  

We don't have much money to compete in free agency and we have many holes to fill with the draft.  We need starters and depth at many positions.  Luck is going to have to have an MVP season for the Colts to be successful.  

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Everybody always says this same crap. Yeah maybe a player or 2 wouldn't want to sign here. But you cant tell me out of Osemele, Allen, Brooks, Boone, Jenkins, Mack and all the other guys. You cant tell me we couldn't get 1 or 2 of those guys. Thinking none of those good players would want to sign here is ridiculous. We could have gotten one of those guards if we wanted too. Your way of thinking is no good player wants to sign here.

Exact same thing I said in another post.  Yet the Texans sign an competent QB and 2nd best rated RB to hit FA.  We aren't as of yet doing anything to stay competitive with them.

3 hours ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Build through the draft and pay your own guys. 

It's pretty simple. Look at New England, Green Bay, Carolina and Denver. 

If Grigs isn't paying top $$$ for big name FA's it doesn't mean he's not looking for upgrades via FA, it just means he's being frugal which is good.

One team does not belong on that list.

5 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Whatever the plan is. If there is one. Its pathetic. Its unreal to me. I mean. Its this simple. We could sign a good G, C, and CB and have a good draft and we'd be one of the best teams in the NFL. Or we can not do anything and maybe make the playoffs but not be a SB contender. I mean this is why Grigson should have been fired. Who'd worried about 5 years from now when we have Andrew Luck? Grigson should be focused on fielding the best team he can every offseason instead of not signing a good player because it COULD hurt us in a few years.

the future is now

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I really dont get what everyone is freaking out about

murray run down

miller average

brock mediocre

jackson overrated

everyone needs to calm down and stop acting like free agency is only one day

Jackson isn't overrated.  But was paid way too much I think

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why we argued? It was dumb and I felt bad the minute I knew it was dumber than the fight was worth.

On the more pressing matters, no idea what we do in FA. I think we stay relatively quiet. I think Grigs and Pags have a 2 year-ish window to put a contending team together. We can't fix all our issues in one offseason. I wish we could say Alex Mack or Olivier Vernon was ours, but they arent. Still, it's hard to see us being bland in the FA game.

Maybe our play is to wait until there's someone there that the market has soured on but the value is there...don't know. I do believe we are trying to be judicious in our spending so we can account for Luck.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Why we argued? It was dumb and I felt bad the minute I knew it was dumber than the fight was worth.

On the more pressing matters, no idea what we do in FA. I think we stay relatively quiet. I think Grigs and Pags have a 2 year-is window to put a contending team together. We can't fix all our issues in one offseason. I wish we could say Alex Mack or Olivier Vernon was ours, but they arent. Still, it's hard to see us being bland in the FA game.

Maybe our play is to wait until there's someone there that the market has soured on but the value is there...don't know. I do believe we are trying to be judicious in our spending so we can account for Luck.

^^^ Agree ^^^ but if they don't shore up the O line it won't make any difference what Luck is paid if he has another injury. JMO for what it's worth. :dunno:   Fix the line so we can keep Luck upright. :number1:

37 minutes ago, MTC said:

People have to realize we're rebuilding (except we have the same HC and GM ... ).

We're not going to fill our needs in one off-season. It's going to take time.

nobody likes taking time, Its a reality though. I still feel the offensive line is what to fix.

53 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Jackson isn't overrated.  But was paid way too much I think

When Jackson played against us id rate him overrated being that our sorry line held Denver in check and nows he's on a def where he's the only threat 

40 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

^^^ Agree ^^^ but if they don't shore up the O line it won't make any difference what Luck is paid if he has another injury. JMO for what it's worth. :dunno:   Fix the line so we can keep Luck upright. :number1:

I agree with that. There's a lot to fix on Defense as well. But we have a lot to do this FA, and signing no one so far makes you wonder what we're thinking.