Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Free Agency Grievances Thread [Mega-merge]

SilentHill

24 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yes lets put back some $$$ so we can sign Anderson in 2019! chuckle

Why not. If he's as good as he is viewed at on this board then he'll be a $100 million man and we won't be able to keep him.

But then at that point, it'd be stupid to have 2 players making over $20 million a year

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Moncrief said:

Why not. If he's as good as he is viewed at on this board then he'll be a $100 million man and we won't be able to keep him

At this point there's no reason to believe he's going to be a $100 Mill player.    For all of Anderson's great run defense he also got......    1 sack.

Malik Jackson just signed the biggest FA contract and he got $90 mill.     But he sacks the QB.    Anderson doesn't.....    yet.

I'm not saying he won't be expensive......    just not THAT expensive....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

At this point there's no reason to believe he's going to be a $100 Mill player.    For all of Anderson's great run defense he also got......    1 sack.

Malik Jackson just signed the biggest FA contract and he got $90 mill.     But he sacks the QB.    Anderson doesn't.....    yet.

I'm not saying he won't be expensive......    just not THAT expensive....

I understand and I took that into account when I made the comment. I liked what Anderson did on the field this year, stuff that wouldn't show up in the stat sheet, but I'm referring to the posters who think we have a J.J. Watt on our hands.

I'm not trying to start a debate or argument, I'm just talking out loud here since we're going to be quiet this FA.

3 minutes ago, Moncrief said:

Why not. If he's as good as he is viewed at on this board then he'll be a $100 million man and we won't be able to keep him.

But then at that point, it'd be stupid to have 2 players making over $20 million a year

As viewed on this Homer board! lmao
 Any idea what spotrac is?

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Rarely do the teams that win in March have massive success in the fall

Usually do to injury or more often the player takes the bait on the huge contract and don't take into account how he will be used in the scheme (Think Demarco Murray) and then are made to look like they cant play when in reality the scheme don't fit the players skillset and coaches don't adjust to what they got.

Though of course there is a variety of reasons......Albert Haynesworth

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have cut DQ, Cole, Dre, Werner, and Jones. And have 50 million in cap room and sign Janorris Jenkins, Jeff Allen, and Stefen Wisniewski????? Wouldn't that make sense? Wouldn't that make us drastically better? Its like Grigson doesn't care if we're Super Bowl contenders this year.

I gotta ask what is your obsession with that crap center?? I doubt the colts touch with a 50 foot pole after watching him consistently snap the ball over Bortles head....

Just now, COLTS449 said:

He's better than what we've had since Saturday. He's good in pass protection. He wont break the bank. And I want us to be able to draft all D.

You do understand hayward is a cornerback.....  right?    Pretty sure he would be a terrible center

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You do understand hayward is a cornerback.....  right?    Pretty sure he would be a terrible center

I thought I was replying to the guy who ask me about Wisniewski. How did that happen? But I think you knew it was a mistake

14 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I gotta ask what is your obsession with that crap center?? I doubt the colts touch with a 50 foot pole after watching him consistently snap the ball over Bortles head....

He's better than what we've had since Saturday. He's good in pass protection. He wont break the bank. And I want us to be able to draft all

41 minutes ago, bababooey said:

To be fair, Denver connected on a ton of FA acquisitions (Manning, Talib, Welker, Sanders, Daniels, Ware). NE is just another animal with their amazing coaching and Brady's friendly contract. Seattle of the last few years is probably the best example including the acquisition of Lynch.

Although they (Denver) have made some acquisitions their core has been through the Draft (Miller, Thomas) and they've done a great job at getting the most of late round prospects (Jackson, Harris, Marshall, Trevathan, Barrett, Anderson)

25 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Rarely do the teams that win in March have massive success in the fall

Yep. The year that the Broncos got Talib, T.J.Ward, DeMarcus Ware was 2014 and that was not the year they had success. The year that they learnt to use them right with Wade Philips in 2015 was when they had the success, IMO. Exceptions to the rule - Revis on the 2014 Patriots.

The ones that make the small moves like Evan Mathis to the Broncos much later in free agency, even us getting a key piece like Vinatieri in 2006 and Booger later in the season are the ones that promote continuity and chemistry and make more noise when it counts.

I don't get it you got guys like Osemele, Mack, Jenkins, Vernon, Lamar Miller.  I mean come on.  Houston just became a real threat and we have a GM doing nothing don't like where this going at all we have more holes than some realize and almost every player that could have gave us a major position upgrade is gone.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Whatever the plan is. If there is one. Its pathetic. Its unreal to me. I mean. Its this simple. We could sign a good G, C, and CB and have a good draft and we'd be one of the best teams in the NFL. Or we can not do anything and maybe make the playoffs but not be a SB contender. I mean this is why Grigson should have been fired. Who'd worried about 5 years from now when we have Andrew Luck? Grigson should be focused on fielding the best team he can every offseason instead of not signing a good player because it COULD hurt us in a few years.

Colts won't have Luck in 5 years if they spend a boat load of money right now.

I don't really understand the Colts fan base, for that matter most NFL fans. Last year the Colts spend a ton of money in free agency and everyone was stoked. How'd that work out? It's a maracle they went 8-8. Not a good team at all. Now Grigs is playing it safe and letting things pan out with other teams breaking their bank to ultimately not be very successful and you are mad at him? I've said before I'm not a huge fan of Grigs, but settle down.

8 minutes ago, nerukamo said:

What exactly are th colts doing? We let lowery go, and have do jack squat. Now I was expecting a spending spree, but I was hoping we'd bring in someone today. Looking like we won't.

doing what bevis and butthead did in that old guys shed

19 minutes ago, Coltsfan1284 said:

I don't get it you got guys like Osemele, Mack, Jenkins, Vernon, Lamar Miller.  I mean come on.  Houston just became a real threat and we have a GM doing nothing don't like where this going at all we have more holes than some realize and almost every player that could have gave us a major position upgrade is gone.

You do realize that your second statement about filling those needs directly contradicts your first statement about all of our holes to fill.  We have about 20 mil in cap and if we signed even two of those we are done with cap space and still have holes to fill. 

21 minutes ago, Coltsfan1284 said:

Also calling Houston a threat with an aging defense, an unproven and drastically overpaid quarterback, a weakened oline, and a hit and miss running back is an overreaction.

11 minutes ago, Deathiltis said:

I don't really understand the Colts fan base, for that matter most NFL fans. Last year the Colts spend a ton of money in free agency and everyone was stoked. How'd that work out? It's a maracle they went 8-8. Not a good team at all. Now Grigs is playing it safe and letting things pan out with other teams breaking their bank to ultimately not be very successful and you are mad at him? I've said before I'm not a huge fan of Grigs, but settle down.

they beat the broncos when healthy, in addition to taking the panthers to overtime in the rain on the road (including leading them). just need to keep Luck upright.

1 minute ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Also calling Houston a threat with an aging defense, an unproven and drastically overpaid quarterback, a weakened oline, and a hit and miss running back is an overreaction.

The Texans won the division last year, and now they have a competent QB. How is calling them a threat an overreaction?

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have cut DQ, Cole, Dre, Werner, and Jones. And have 50 million in cap room and sign Janorris Jenkins, Jeff Allen, and Stefen Wisniewski????? Wouldn't that make sense? Wouldn't that make us drastically better? Its like Grigson doesn't care if we're Super Bowl contenders this year.

even if we did make those cuts(which im not against except for DQ) the jags and raiders still would have had a lot more cap space than us. 

i dont think jenkins was in the cards no matter what reasonable moves we made

you still might get one of your wishes and see moore playing next year.  if freeman signs elsewhere then it will probably be DQ and SM at ilb.  wouldnt be stunned if jackson leaves but i wouldn't cut him unless we use an early pick on a replacement

Just now, MasterCrief said:

The Texans won the division last year, and now they have a competent QB. How is calling them a threat an overreaction?

They won the division because we were playing with a 40 year old beat up quarterback who couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yards down field... Call Brock competent isn't accurate either.. He hasn't played a full season and got benched for an old beat up manning.  I'm not confident in his abilities.