Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Free Agency Grievances Thread [Mega-merge]

SilentHill

There I said it.

I been a fan since 1998, and been on the Forum since then. The one time we signed a player we wanted (Booger McFarland) to help with a absurdly obvious hole in our D-Line, we went to and won the Super bowl. (Thanx to him, Bob Sanders and Freeney)

Ever year, for the Past 20 years, we do the same crap. Pay somebody, who can barely be considered decent, a crapload of money, watch them regress into the less than mediocre player all the fans recognize them as, and then we release them and nobody signs em. In the meantime we try to plug holes with aging nobodies that sometimes contribute, but regress and disappear the same.

Remember when we got Vontea Davis for that Second Rounder. What happened that day? Can the same thing happen because this is just ridiculous. Grow a pair front office.

Andrew Luck makes this team a Ferrari. Stop going to the Pick a Part and drive it into the dealer for new parts.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They took a chance on Vontae it paid off.

They "got hard" last year and went crazy in FA and Langford, and Gore paid off and others didn't.. That's HOW IT WORKS.

i dont get why they are soft!? LOL

2 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

There I said it.

I been a fan since 1998, and been on the Forum since then. The one time we signed a player we wanted (Booger McFarland) to help with a absurdly obvious hole in our D-Line, we went to and won the Super bowl. (Thanx to him, Bob Sanders and Freeney)

Ever year, for the Past 20 years, we do the same crap. Pay somebody, who can barely be considered decent, a crapload of money, watch them regress into the less than mediocre player all the fans recognize them as, and then we release them and nobody signs em. In the meantime we try to plug holes with aging nobodies that sometimes contribute, but regress and disappear the same.

Remember when we got Vontea Davis for that Second Rounder. What happened that day? Can the same thing happen because this is just ridiculous. Grow a pair front office.

Andrew Luck makes this team a Ferrari. Stop going to the Pick a Part and drive it into the dealer for new parts.

At the rate we're going, they're gonna turn that Ferrari into a Yugo

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Grigson not signing anyone isn't a bad thing. 

But sure... let's pay Osemele 11m and Jenkins 12m and Jackson 15m...

FAs are WAAAAYYYY overpaid this year 

Dude, we say that every year. N you know what happens, they get more expensive the next year, and even more the year after that. It's no excuse. Vontea on the Market today would be making way more money. If we cant get Osemele at 11 now or Jenkins at 12 now it better than getting them at 9 when they are washed up.

false narrative.  

The Colts have often attempted to go out and sign players, but with varying degrees of success. 

We don't really have the cap room this year to sign a bunch of high-priced guns-for-hire. 

Spendthrift and patience. Build through the draft

6 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

There I said it.

All that, and you didn't mention a single player's name who you'd like them to sign. If you're going to start a thread calling the FO "soft" for not signing anyone 2 hours into free agency, at least have something constructive to say.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

The bottom line is most of these FAs aren't worth the price they are getting.

Its quite laughable how many of you are upset about not signing anybody!

I put it like this dan.

What is the point of playing this game??? The win the Superbowl right?

What have the past superbowl winners and participants been doing?

Getting that Defense Right....even before the O-line. We need to get one player, not just for the sake of it, but because If we don't get better in the secondary, the Pass rush will still be bad and our defense, and therefore team will be garbage for another 2 years.

I'd be perfectly fine signing a couple young FAs at a decent price but that's clearly not the case this year.

FAs are getting money they don't deserve.

Trust me spending 15m on Jackson will bite Jags in the rear... especially if he doesn't play towards his expectations.

6 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

I put it like this dan.

What is the point of playing this game??? The win the Superbowl right?

What have the past superbowl winners and participants been doing?

Getting that Defense Right....even before the O-line. We need to get one player, not just for the sake of it, but because If we don't get better in the secondary, the Pass rush will still be bad and our defense, and therefore team will be garbage for another 2 years.

There are other ways to build a defense other than signing the highest paid free agents to excessively big contracts.

Whole offseason leading up to free-agency: Let's get younger, build through the draft, that's the ticket.

14 seconds after free-agency starts: OUR FRONT OFFICE IS SOFT, THE REST OF OUR DIVISION IS SIGNING WORLD BEATERS LIKE BROCK OSWEILER AND DEMARCO MURRAY, AND WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING, FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!

We're letting all of the consistently bad teams spend a ton of money on some of the top free agents. I thought it was pretty well understood that we don't have a ton of cap room and wouldn't be making a splash in FA. Our Front Office came out and said as much.

We're going to wait for the rush to subside and pick up some quality players at a much lower price. They may not be as high quality as some of the guys signed today, but we'll actually be able to bring in a handful of quality guys instead of one high end FA and a couple of scrubs. Seeing the contracts some of these guys are getting should be reason enough to be happy we haven't done anything.

32 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

There I said it.

There were times last year when Andrew Luck's play was actually holding the team back.

37 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Grigson not signing anyone isn't a bad thing. 

But sure... let's pay Osemele 11m and Jenkins 12m and Jackson 15m...

FAs are WAAAAYYYY overpaid this year 

But you know what. We could have cleared the cap space enough to sign those 2, and it would have FIXED our offensive line and it would have given us a dominant duo at CB. If you want a top 5, pro bowl guard you gotta pay them. But sure we can get lesser talent for less money. See how that works for us.

Free agents are good, but when you sign a lot of them, it usually messes up team chemistry.  We didn't dabble much in free agency with Polian and still had a lot of success.  Plus, a lot of good free agent signings can be lesser known guys, like Lowery or Langford last year.  I'm going to wait and see how we do for the entire offseason before making major comments.  I'm not crazy about what we've done so far, but I'm going to wait and see what happens with the draft and the rest of free agency.

There I said it.

I would argue it takes a pair of brass balls to not jump right in.

Restraint is not necessarily a bad thing.

not to many fans get that this team is horrible,so they make fun of people who are being honest.

we have no pass rusher at all cole is horrible, mathis is old walden is horrible.. we have two aging safteys that need to be filled another corner, at least 3 new o line need middle linebackers the wr core is not as good as people think. hilton gets shut down in the playoffs we have 3 small wrs who cant beat press.

andrew lucks career is gonna be wasted like peytons was this team just got lucky to get peyton then luck. if i was luck i would go to the broncos