Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Free Agency Grievances Thread [Mega-merge]

SilentHill

I'm not seeing it. We have glaring holes in the secondary, and both lines, as well as an aging RB.

We can't address all of these in the draft, I really thought we were going to get away from overpaying below average talent in hopes of finding a diamond in the rough.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the plan is. If there is one. Its pathetic. Its unreal to me. I mean. Its this simple. We could sign a good G, C, and CB and have a good draft and we'd be one of the best teams in the NFL. Or we can not do anything and maybe make the playoffs but not be a SB contender. I mean this is why Grigson should have been fired. Who'd worried about 5 years from now when we have Andrew Luck? Grigson should be focused on fielding the best team he can every offseason instead of not signing a good player because it COULD hurt us in a few years.

I wouldn't say we have "glaring holes" in the secondary, but we will need a safety to replace Adams, and an upgrade at CB2. D-line could use a bit more depth, but it was much improved talent-wise from 14-15, so it's actually our biggest strength on D at this point. 

As for Grigson's plan, he's probably watching the other teams in our division waste tons of money and draft picks on guys like Brock Osweiler, Demarco Murray, Malik Jackson, etc... all trying desperately to compete with the Colts, and he's probably laughing like a crazy person.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have cut DQ, Cole, Dre, Werner, and Jones. And have 50 million in cap room and sign Janorris Jenkins, Jeff Allen, and Stefen Wisniewski????? Wouldn't that make sense? Wouldn't that make us drastically better? Its like Grigson doesn't care if we're Super Bowl contenders this year.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I wouldn't say we have "glaring holes" in the secondary, but we will need a safety to replace Adams, and an upgrade at CB2. D-line could use a bit more depth, but it was much improved talent-wise from 14-15, so it's actually our biggest strength on D at this point. 

As for Grigson's plan, he's probably watching the other teams in our division waste tons of money and draft picks on guys like Brock Osweiler, Demarco Murray, Malik Jackson, etc... all trying desperately to compete with the Colts, and he's probably laughing like a crazy person.

Right now we have no #2 CB Toler is a FA, and our other safety (Lowery) is also a FA, no depth behind Geathers, and absolutely zero depth at CB below Davis.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yeah I am sure that's it. 

The Colts can't control what the rest of the AFC South does in FA. Chill out. Jeesh.

FA is literally just starting. The Colts still have time to do what they want. Although whatever they do it will be bashed anyway.

Just now, SilentHill said:

Right now we have no #2 CB Toler is a FA, and our other safety (Lowery) is also a FA, no depth behind Geathers, and absolutely zero depth at CB below Davis.

I doubt we have to worry about teams rushing in to swoop up Lowery or Toler, and we also have D'Joun Smith. Try to relax.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I doubt we have to worry about teams rushing in to swoop up Lowery or Toler, and we also have D'Joun Smith. Try to relax.

If Toler is a starting CB on this team next season it would be a travesty.

I'm relaxed, but I'm also being reasonable and logical. We aren't doing what we need to do to compete for a SB trophy this coming season

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Whatever the plan is. If there is one. Its pathetic. Its unreal to me. I mean. Its this simple. We could sign a good G, C, and CB and have a good draft and we'd be one of the best teams in the NFL. Or we can not do anything and maybe make the playoffs but not be a SB contender. I mean this is why Grigson should have been fired. Who'd worried about 5 years from now when we have Andrew Luck? Grigson should be focused on fielding the best team he can every offseason instead of not signing a good player because it COULD hurt us in a few years.

The fact and reality is though that just because we may go after this player and that player and offer them a contract that we feel is fair in no way guarentees that player CHOOSES to sign with the Colts!!!! There are other teams who want all these players as well. There is competition and the market is high this year with alot of teams having alot of money. I dont know where you guys get this notion that because the Colts don't sign so and so players its automatically assumed they didn't try or attempt to sign them. We could throw contract offers out there all day, the PLAYER can still CHOOSE to sign elsewhere. It's HIS choice!!! People need to wake up and catch a sense of reality...and stop living in fantasy world. We are not the only team out there to sign with. I don't get how people are soooo oblivious to this.

7 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

The fact and reality is though that just because we may go after this player and that player and offer them a contract that we feel is fair in no way guarentees that player CHOOSES to sign with the Colts!!!! There are other teams who want all these players as well. There is competition and the market is high this year with alot of teams having alot of money. I dont know where you guys get this notion that because the Colts don't sign so and so players its automatically assumed they didn't try or attempt to sign them. We could throw contract offers out there all day, the PLAYER can still CHOOSE to sign elsewhere. It's HIS choice!!! People need to wake up and catch a sense of reality and how things work...and stop living in fantasy world. 

Everybody always says this same crap. Yeah maybe a player or 2 wouldn't want to sign here. But you cant tell me out of Osemele, Allen, Brooks, Boone, Jenkins, Mack and all the other guys. You cant tell me we couldn't get 1 or 2 of those guys. Thinking none of those good players would want to sign here is ridiculous. We could have gotten one of those guards if we wanted too. Your way of thinking is no good player wants to sign here.

Hopefully signing a CB. 

Every other position can be found in the draft, and even CB looks good for the first round.  Sign a CB, draft Billings in the first and Martin in the second, and I'm fine with not buying an expensive free agent this offseason.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Everybody always says this same crap. Yeah maybe a player or 2 wouldn't want to sign here. But you cant tell me out of Osemele, Allen, Brooks, Boone, Jenkins, Mack and all the other guys. You cant tell me we couldn't get 1 or 2 of those guys. Thinking none of those good players would want to sign here is ridiculous. We could have gotten one of those guards if we wanted too. Your way of thinking is no good player wants to sign here.

He could say it as much as he wants. And despite what you may believe, probability does not work that way. With an unquantifiable amount of variables being involved in such a decision, there is absolutely no way you could viably argue that the odds say one of those people HAVE to decide to sign with us. 

Haven't like atleast 80% of you guys complaining about no moves also the same ones that have gone on record complaining on how not to build a roster through FA? But that's none if my business *cue kurmit the frog meme*

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

No its simply that there is competition...how many teams have just as much money and more than the colts??? And we don't know what factors outside money could be playing into each players choice. It's just as likely that they wouldn't want to as it woukd be that they would. You just wanna believe that any player would love to sign with the Colts and then,you can sit here and pass blame on Grigson because he didn't do what YOU wanted. I'm simply telling what reality is whether you wanna choose to believe it or not.

5 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

He could say it as much as he wants. And despite what you may believe, probability does not work that way. With an unquantifiable amount of variables being involved in such a decision, there is absolutely no way you could viably argue that the odds say one of those people HAVE to decide to sign with us. 

What??? I'm just saying if we had made some good offers we could sign a couple good players. Its that simple. Believe it or not there are some players out there who would sign with us.

7 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

we splurged on FA's a ton last year and they disappointed. Yet people expect us to go and splurge some more this year. 

Irsay already said the focus is to build from the draft. Get used to the fact that we aren't getting any high profile guys

We splurged on guys over 30...

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

What??? I'm just saying if we had made some good offers we could sign a couple good players. Its that simple. Believe it or not there are some players out there who would sign with us.

But who's to say our good offers won't be beat by other teams though who have more money???

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

we splurged on FA's a ton last year and they disappointed. Yet people expect us to go and splurge some more this year. 

Irsay already said the focus is to build from the draft. Get used to the fact that we aren't getting any high profile guys

I get that we wasted money in FA last year and the year before, but that's not what we're asking for. We didn't clamor for old aging vets, or players with minimal impact.

We are clamoring for just a few impact players. That's it. Just a proven O-lineman to shore up the O-line or a proven young cornerback that can remain with the team and achieve prolonged success alongside V. Davis. Yes, you will pay them more, but it's better to have a very good player that's paid, than a lot of players who don't perform well. The latter has been Grigson's M.O. and we want something different.

Some of us told some of you that this was coming,  but you didn't want to believe it.

Some of us said we don't have enough money to compete for the top free agents.

Some of us said the Free Agent money is INSANE!!      And now the top guys are going elsewhere for crazy money and you act.....     surprised and offended and upset.      This wasn't that hard to see coming.

I hope we can keep Freeman....     I wanted us to keep Fleener, but that doesn't look likely now....

Not sure who will be available in the mid-market and bottom market range where we often shop....?

But the usual suspects are the ones that are complaining....      very predictable.

12 minutes ago, twfish said:

Haven't like atleast 80% of you guys complaining about no moves also the same ones that have gone on record complaining on how not to build a roster through FA? But that's none if my business *cue kurmit the frog meme*

I believe the major criticism is that the team gets only bad free agents.  They think that expensive free agents with gobs of guaranteed money are good free agents.