Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwight Lowery...

bap1331

He had some pretty good highlights this year. Why does everyone want him cut?

Even if he doesnt start, he would still make a good backup. We need better depth safetys because when Mike Adams is gone, the safety position is bad....

11 minutes ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

I think he balled out this yr he earned at least another yr contact

Completely agreed. We all really underrated him just because he had average years in Atlanta but he really grew out of his shell in Indy. But yea i believe alot has to do with Geathers but I believe they can share snaps. Mike Adams age is more of a concern in his position.

I just have a gut feeling he can contribute very well in a monster defense if they can get more pass rush. He can be an interception machine if they pressure the other teams QB.

47 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I personally like Geathers. I wouldn't mind the Colts getting younger at safety and moving on from Adams and Lowery.

i agree but the depth havent even proved themselves yet. Id rather get rid of the depth, move Lowery and adams to 2nd string and bring in new guys at starting position...

6 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

i agree but the depth havent even proved themselves yet. Id rather get rid of the depth, move Lowery and adams to 2nd string and bring in new guys at starting position...

I mean if we can keep both and have them as depth players that would be awesome, but I'm sure Adams and Geathers will be the starters next season. But I wouldn't mind us signing or drafting another safety.

2 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I mean if we can keep both and have them as depth players that would be awesome, but I'm sure Adams and Geathers will be the starters next season. But I wouldn't mind us signing or drafting another safety.

agreed. The good thing about adams is that safety isnt really an aging position. They can play til 40 if they want. LOL.

2 hours ago, bap1331 said:

agreed. The good thing about adams is that safety isnt really an aging position. They can play til 40 if they want. LOL.

Maybe Kicker. Adams is still good, but hopefully we can add another corner and some pass rushers to help out our secondary.

I want to see what we have in Mitchel and Smith this year as well. I would love for the Colts to sign Jenoris Jenkins as well. But time will tell.

5 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Not really, people like Woodson are a massive outlier. 

As for Lowery... I'm a fan, I hope we can get him back (for the right price), but he might be tempted away.

5 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Maybe Kicker. Adams is still good, but hopefully we can add another corner and some pass rushers to help out our secondary.

I want to see what we have in Mitchel and Smith this year as well. I would love for the Colts to sign Jenoris Jenkins as well. But time will tell.

I'm split on Jenkins I like how agressive he is but he bites so damn hard on double moves and gets beats for tds that way 

6 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Oh! Without a doubt! Im sure Kendall Langford will put in a good word for him or convince him.

1 hour ago, will426 said:

I'm split on Jenkins I like how agressive he is but he bites so damn hard on double moves and gets beats for tds that way 

im sure the colts can train him. We saw what they did with Lowery....

I think we should resign Lowery as well.He shouldn't cost much and put up better numbers than any free agent Safety on the market right. He started every game and the dude had 4 ints and over 70 tackles for us last yr. Underrated in my opinion. 

14 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Even if he doesnt start, he would still make a good backup. We need better depth safetys because when Mike Adams is gone, the safety position is bad....

Telling that you don`t know he isn`t even on the team.
 He would be a good backup/depth.

10 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Telling that you don`t know he isn`t even on the team.
 He would be a good backup/depth.

Actually,  Lowery IS still on the team.     He's currently listed on the roster.

He won't be sometime next week when the new NFL calendar year re-sets.     But as of today,   he's a member of the Colts.

http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

And I hope the Colts bring him back.....   he played pretty well for the Colts last year,  for not much money....

2 hours ago, bap1331 said:

im sure the colts can train him. We saw what they did with Lowery....

Lowery wasn't as bad as projected  ATL just sucked when he was there lol but  I do have hope I've watched Jenkins get beat on double moved while playing close to the receiver. Then you have guys like toler who play 10 yards off and still get beat by double moves lmao 

On 3/6/2016 at 2:20 AM, SupermanLuck12 said:

I personally like Geathers. I wouldn't mind the Colts getting younger at safety and moving on from Adams and Lowery.

I like Geathers to and i believe he eventually will be our starter. I think we can re-sign Lowery and let Adams go . Adams IMO age is catching up to him, although he had a pretty decent outing this past season. He was ravaged with injury. 

On 3/6/2016 at 3:09 AM, bap1331 said:

That just won't happen in the NFL.  Both of these guys are getting paid starter level money and no GM is going to pay a guy starter level money for him to just sit on the bench.

I'm excited about Geathers, however I do think lowery was underrated he won a couple games for us, and switched momentum a couple times. Picks that he tipped, return int, etc.. Too bad he's going to want starter wages.

Liked him though...

8 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I'm excited about Geathers, howevecomingthink lowery was u nderrated he  won a couple games for us, and switched momentum a couple times. Picks that he tipped, return int, etc.. Too bad he's going to want starter wages.

Liked him though...

With all the other safeties on the market this year I dont think he eWill get top money. Guys like Illoka, Weddle, Gipson, Nelson etc. will be teams 1st choices. I would

be happy with him comming back for a couple years though.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:56 PM, bap1331 said:

He deserves a new contract. He played well.