Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How about those Texans

indyagent17

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

They might as well let Watts play QB next year he has tried almost everything else

Watt couldn't suck at it any worse than Hoyer did tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a one-way bus ticket to Cleveland waiting for Hoyer when gets out of the shower. 

I feel for them a lil.  Gotta be frustrating only making playoffs when Colts starting QB is on IR basically.  Then you are handed division and this happens.  They are close to having a good team tho.

That said, what the heck happened to JJ Watt.  He was such a likeable, respectful and respectable guy.  Now he looks like the valedictorian of the Richard Sherman school of egotistical sciences.

i usd to like Watt.  Now he act like a donkey butt.

if you're good , you don't need to talk.

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

That team will go nowhere until they get themselves an NFL caliber QB.

I believe they don't think they need a qb. They've been in the top 10 picks every year since their expansion. The first year was the only time they chose a qb in the first round. 

They get the 1st overall pick in 2013 and they get a defensive player instead of trading down. They probably think they can build a defense like the 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs. I'm so glad I'm not a Texans fan...

I also have to wonder "what if?" Had we won that Texans game and gotten Luck back for the playoffs, which is what Irsay said would happen had we done so....I think we give KC a heck of a game. Luck and Chud worked really well together in their one game. Luck might have been rusty, that's my only other issue. But while I wouldn't say we win it, we'd have put up a better fight than HOU did, especially at home. But we didn't take care of business, even with our backup. No excuses 

2 hours ago, bap1331 said:

I believe they don't think they need a qb. They've been in the top 10 picks every year since their expansion. The first year was the only time they chose a qb in the first round. 

They get the 1st overall pick in 2013 and they get a defensive player instead of trading down. They probably think they can build a defense like the 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs. I'm so glad I'm not a Texans fan...

This trend has been going on every since Manning joined the Colts. All three division foes has been drafting defenses to stop Manning. And then the Texans had the same mindset with Andrew. The Titans and Jags finally figured out they needed to draft a QB to stay competitive in the division. I look for the AFC south to be more balanced in the future than in the past.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

This trend has been going on every since Manning joined the Colts. All three division foes has been drafting defenses to stop Manning. And then the Texans had the same mindset with Andrew. The Titans and Jags finally figured out they needed to draft a QB to stay competitive in the division. I look for the AFC south to be more balanced in the future than in the past.

well, if it was going to happen, it needed to be this year. They had to take advantage of Lucks injury. Luck will only be better next year now that Hasselbeck has experienced the offense.

And the best part is we have a whole offseason to plug in the holes and this will be a very solid team especially if Grigson was able to bring in a great amount of talent in Parry, Anderson, Freeman, etc.

If he was able to find a diamond in the rough in Vontae, idk why he hasnt been able to plug in the other side and backups.

2 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

It says you need your starting QB playing instead of injured so you can win enough games

Generally, this might be true, but I would stop short of saying that we win the division with Luck at QB this year. 

I know that he played hurt, but I don't think his stats/record were any better than our backups when it comes down to it... Hass won 4 in a row at one point and, taking the injuries that #12 had before the kidney into consideration, I don't think Andrew is a lock to win those games... If you take away all of the injuries, it's definitely a different story, though. 

No way of knowing, but I do believe the South is ours next year as long as Andrew stays healthy, so, in a way, I agree with the premise of your post. 

4 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

They were cocky all week and put up a goose egg at home. 

I sure think a Luck led Colts team at home would have put up a much better game.

This just says that the Texans are pretenders and only won the division because we gave it to them 

Bingo! Colts would've made it a better game houston is trash and will stay trash 

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Won't lie, was hoping for a much better game. I like to see our division rivals at times at least show up in the playoffs if we are not there.

Not me. Their our rival and I root for them to lose every week. So I just can't do a 180 and cheer for them in playoffs.

Besides, they really didn't even belong there. They barely beat a banged up 40 year old backup qb who couldnt throw it mid-range for the division title.

Like I said, they didn't belong in the playoffs and it showed(38-0).

1 hour ago, bap1331 said:

well, if it was going to happen, it needed to be this year. They had to take advantage of Lucks injury. Luck will only be better next year now that Hasselbeck has experienced the offense.

And the best part is we have a whole offseason to plug in the holes and this will be a very solid team especially if Grigson was able to bring in a great amount of talent in Parry, Anderson, Freeman, etc.

If he was able to find a diamond in the rough in Vontae, idk why he hasnt been able to plug in the other side and backups.

We need depth more than anything IMO. The difference in talent level between the starters and the next tier is alarming. When a starter goes down it's a pretty big drop off. We have some nice pieces and as long as Grigson along with Pagano can just hit on their draft picks we should be much improved. It is apparent we need a couple of offensive linemen to start with.

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We need depth more than anything IMO. The difference in talent level between the starters and the next tier is alarming. When a starter goes down it's a pretty big drop off. We have some nice pieces and as long as Grigson along with Pagano can just hit on their draft picks we should be much improved. It is apparent we need a couple of offensive linemen to start with.

Gosh yea offensive lineman is everything but im just not convinced its just them. I believe its the oline coach too who is unable to adjust them. Weve SEEN them perform in big games like Denver and New England but why not simple games like the Texans?!

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I feel for them a lil.  Gotta be frustrating only making playoffs when Colts starting QB is on IR basically.  Then you are handed division and this happens.  They are close to having a good team tho.

That said, what the heck happened to JJ Watt.  He was such a likeable, respectful and respectable guy.  Now he looks like the valedictorian of the Richard Sherman school of egotistical sciences.

i usd to like Watt.  Now he act like a donkey butt.

if you're good , you don't need to talk.

I must have missed it. What did he say?