Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How about those Texans

indyagent17

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the problem, you don't have a QB, and you may not have Foster anymore. You were completely exposed when facing a solid team like the Chiefs who just beat you up. You won the division because Luck was out most of the year, that's a fact. You won the South by default. Your defense is very good and Watt is the best player in the NFL (IMO), but that won't get you into the playoffs most of the time. You aren't really improving, your record gives you the illusion you're improving, but you have no QB still and now no RB, and without those, you can't compete most likely in the division and especially in the playoffs. Draft a QB and develop him, and you'll be well on your way, but if Bortles and Mariota develop, you will be last for years to come soon enough. It's a QB run league these days.

I have no doubt we'll be drafting both quarterback and running back. McNair and Smith are hopefully done with experiments. No more Fitzpatricks, Hoyers, or Malletts. Hopefully we'll move up in the Draft or the third best guy will be franchise worthy. Running backs are a dime a dozen though, but our running back by committee was pretty effective this year. Definitely sucks if we really do let Foster go. I do believe that the team has improved, we are definitely better all-around. The addition of a legit quarterback will do wonders I think.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

I have no doubt we'll be drafting both quarterback and running back. McNair and Smith are hopefully done with experiments. No more Fitzpatricks, Hoyers, or Malletts. Hopefully we'll move up in the Draft or the third best guy will be franchise worthy. Running backs are a dime a dozen though, but our running back by committee was pretty effective this year. Definitely sucks if we really do let Foster go. I do believe that the team has improved, we are definitely better all-around. The addition of a legit quarterback will do wonders I think.

If it makes you feel better, I think the best QB in the draft (IMO) may fall to you in Carson Wentz. Jared Goff is getting all the coverage, but I like Wentz better. Check out his tape and I think you'll really enjoy it. I also agree on RBs being a dime a dozen. Can get one in the last two or three rounds and be fine. BTW, your response  to welso made me laugh lol.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If it makes you feel better, I think the best QB in the draft (IMO) may fall to you in Carson Wentz. Jared Goff is getting all the coverage, but I like Wentz better. Check out his tape and I think you'll really enjoy it. I also agree on RBs being a dime a dozen. Can get one in the last two or three rounds and be fine. BTW, your response  to welso made me laugh lol.

Yeah I've been hearing this guy's name a lot lately. I admit that I have no clue who he is, but I'll definitely be checking out his game tape. I remember Bortles being a name that came out of nowhere too, and it turns out Jacksonville made a great decision drafting him. Even if he gets chosen early instead, I would love it if Lynch fell to us too. I know Henry wants to be a Cowboy, but he could definitely end up playing for the more southern Texas team instead ;)

5 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Just like it's real hard to take you seriously when you can provide no evidence to the contrary of what I've said...interesting. Yet you'll take the time to give me a personal shot because that's probably all you can resort to right now. And that's okay. So what can you provide to me that says otherwise??? Untill you can provide something, the Colts own this battle. Sorry!!! And in case you don't know which it appears you don't, all CAPS is used to bring extra emphasis to a word or phrase. So there was nothing wrong with me using them, besides the fact it got your pannies in a bunch. Because you have no evidence to really provide to the contrary what I said. Sad day to be you.

What you're arguing doesn't make sense. I don't argue about anything that doesn't make sense. I didn't take a personal shot, I'm just pointing out how childish you sound in this argument. I know the point of all caps, but like I said, it doesn't make you right or get your point across any clearer. I'm really not trying to argue about anything with you. I've already said what I have to say. 

5 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah I've been hearing this guy's name a lot lately. I admit that I have no clue who he is, but I'll definitely be checking out his game tape. I remember Bortles being a name that came out of nowhere too, and it turns out Jacksonville made a great decision drafting him. Even if he gets chosen early instead, I would love it if Lynch fell to us too. I know Henry wants to be a Cowboy, but he could definitely end up playing for the more southern Texas team instead ;)

Very true. You guys need to take a QB early though. What you are currently doing isn't working, and the odds are against you taking QBs in the mid rounds every time. Study the top QBs and take the one that's best for the team and system.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Very true. You guys need to take a QB early though. What you are currently doing isn't working, and the odds are against you taking QBs in the mid rounds every time. Study the top QBs and take the one that's best for the team and system.

Yep. I know there's free agency but I'm so over all that. It's time to get a young signal-caller to develop our team around for the next 15 years. I'd be shocked if we turn to free agency to try to solve our problems again. I wish we had taken Carr in the second a couple of years ago.

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep. I know there's free agency but I'm so over all that. It's time to get a young signal-caller to develop our team around for the next 15 years. I'd be shocked if we turn to free agency to try to solve our problems again. I wish we had taken Carr in the second a couple of years ago.

You would know more about this than me, but I heard Carr was completely off the Texans board. That could of really been an unfortunate decision for you. Yes though, the best way to win is to develop a QB through the draft. You get your guy, and teach him from a young age how to play the way you want him to.

52 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You would know more about this than me, but I heard Carr was completely off the Texans board. That could of really been an unfortunate decision for you. Yes though, the best way to win is to develop a QB through the draft. You get your guy, and teach him from a young age how to play the way you want him to.

Yeah, McNair didn't want to draft the brother of the guy who brings up bad memories from a terrible era. It sucks, but I understand why he didn't draft the guy. Hopefully one of these new guys can pan out as well. 

I expect the texans to have a few fresh faces come training camp.

i expect a QB battle. I expect them to have a better QB next year than Hoyer. They have a good defense, an exciting wr, and some other exciting young plsyrrs.

i also expect a battle next year with Colts, jags, and texans:

it should be fun.

8 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Nah. You still don't get it. And it's because you want to argue and make me out to be the bad guy. But whatever, talk your trash, say I'm the devil if you want. But I'm not initiating any arguments. The past is the past.

There's no argument here. Just a whole lot of fact ignoring by one party :). Past dictates present behavior. Humility goes a long way.

6 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Ay caramba. Look, I'll make it simple for you. Has Andrew ever won a Super Bowl? No. Same as the Texans. He hasn't achieved anything more than we have, except maybe winning one more playoff game so far. And until he gets a ring or goes off on this decade of dominance you like to sing about, that is the truth. Getting close is not the same as actually doing something. 

Weren't you just trying to point out that the Texans making the playoffs was more of an accomplishment than what the Colts did this year? But that's right, playoff accomplishments only matter when they fit YOUR argument.

On 1/13/2016 at 10:18 AM, OffensivelyPC said:

The Texans are the better all around team and are more suited to carry the team with a backup subpar QB.  The Colts are not.  If the Texans could have picked up a guy like Brees in FA (I guess it's still not out of the question, but the indication is that he's staying), they'd be a dangerous team.  

Ya think?

I'd say anyone who picks up the guy who led the NFL in passing yardage would be dangerous.....lol

2 hours ago, Restored said:

There's no argument here. Just a whole lot of fact ignoring by one party :). Past dictates present behavior. Humility goes a long way.

No. But yeah, you definitely haven't changed from feeling the need to argue endlessly. You and your friend need to learn what facts are lol.

1 hour ago, Restored said:

Weren't you just trying to point out that the Texans making the playoffs was more of an accomplishment than what the Colts did this year? But that's right, playoff accomplishments only matter when they fit YOUR argument.

It is more of an accomplishment. Stop trying to twist my logic.

12 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

"Total rebuild" isn't a good excuse. We're the Colts good or not? That is the question. Can't have it both ways. Like you said, they made the playoffs that year too. With a fully healthy Andrew. The Texans went through their share of QBs too, and you know it. And your fanbase is readily happy to admit that Hass did a great job filling in for Andrew. The Texans had Weeden and Yates behind two guys who aren't franchise QBs. 

Again, we proved that having a franchise QB doesn't always guarantee success. Was Brady a franchise guy when he won his first Super Bowl? Was Kaep when the 49ers made it? What about Dilfer, or the young Roethlisberger who rode a good defense? And I'm almost positive you're one of the ones who cries that Wilson wouldn't have a ring if he played for the Colts rather than the Seahawks. 

There is a prize for making the playoffs, and that is the chance to advance to the big game. Making the playoffs means you achieved something other than just playing games in the regular season. Only one team gets to hoist a trophy every year, does that mean the runner up or Championship game losers should feel completely disappointed in their season? No. 

And I have no ego. The clown quoted me talking trash and this entire thread was made to talk trash. You didn't see me parading around the Colt section after we beat you, nor after winning the division. If you don't like what I have to say then don't quote me, it's that easy. Don't read what I post. But this has more to do with your egos than mine, and that's for sure.

8 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Ay caramba. Look, I'll make it simple for you. Has Andrew ever won a Super Bowl? No. Same as the Texans. He hasn't achieved anything more than we have, except maybe winning one more playoff game so far. And until he gets a ring or goes off on this decade of dominance you like to sing about, that is the truth. Getting close is not the same as actually doing something. 

So there's a prize for making the playoffs but getting farther in the playoffs isn't more of an achievement? That's the most inconsistent logic I've seen in awhile on here.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

So there's a prize for making the playoffs but getting farther in the playoffs isn't more of an achievement? That's the most inconsistent logic I've seen in awhile on here.

Two different concepts. Making the playoffs means you have the chance that only 11 other teams have to make it to and win the SB. Getting far in the playoffs and losing isn't the same as winning the SB. Your buddy and I guess now you think Andrew is more successful than our franchise because...he's won one more playoff game? Now that's some shoddy logic right there.

Just now, QwizBoy said:

Two different concepts. Making the playoffs means you have the chance that only 11 other teams have to make it to and win the SB. Getting far in the playoffs and losing isn't the same as winning the SB. Your buddy and I guess now you think Andrew is more successful than our franchise because...he's won one more playoff game? Now that's some shoddy logic right there.

They're two different concepts that you try to use as an end-all truth when it comes to conveniently fitting your narrative.

Andrew is more successful because he's 5-1 against the Texans and has advanced past the first round in the playoffs unlike the Texans.

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

They're two different concepts that you try to use as an end-all truth when it comes to conveniently fitting your narrative.

Andrew is more successful because he's 5-1 against the Texans and has advanced past the first round in the playoffs unlike the Texans.

An individual's win-loss record over a team doesn't mean that he's more successful. That doesn't make sense.The same as playoff advancement. Or do you think Kaep is better than Andrew bc he's played in a Super Bowl before? How about Flacco?

3 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

An individual's win-loss record over a team doesn't mean that he's more successful. That doesn't make sense.The same as playoff advancement. Or do you think Kaep is better than Andrew bc he's played in a Super Bowl before? How about Flacco?

Yes it does. When he's played that team, he's been more successful than that team has been against him. On one hand you say that making the playoffs is more of an accomplishment than not making it, but winning more playoff games/further advancement isn't? The holes in your logic are becoming gaping now.

7 minutes ago, Restored said:

Yes it does. When he's played that team, he's been more successful than that team has been against him. On one hand you say that making the playoffs is more of an accomplishment than not making it, but winning more playoff games/further advancement isn't? The holes in your logic are becoming gaping now.

He's more successful against that team, not than that team. If the Texans had won the SB this year they would be more successful than Andrew. End of story. I'm done arguing with you. I don't think you are capable of grasping the apparently difficult concept I'm trying to explain to you. I'm not surprised.

Just now, QwizBoy said:

He's more successful against that team, not than that team. If the Texans had won the SB this year they would be more successful than Andrew. End of story. I'm done arguing with you. I don't think you are capable of grasping the apparently difficult concept I'm trying to explain to you. I'm not surprised.

Your inconsistencies are baffling:

-Making the playoffs means something but it doesn't mean anything unless you win the Super Bowl.

-Winning playoff games matters but advancing farther does not matter. 

Your first mistake was comparing a team to a player but I went ahead and debunked that argument as well. Better pray McNair doesn't have another brain fart and bring in Matt Cassel next season LOL.

10 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah, sure man. Sounds and looks like trolling to me but that's beside the point. I've made my point enough times and I'm not apt to repeat it again. I don't think you want to see us drafting defensive linemen again. This defense is already monstrous ;)

Hi Quiz,

Are you causing problems again?  Don't make me come down there. :)

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Hi Quiz,

Are you causing problems again?  Don't make me come down there. :)

Hey man, you see this is the first squabble I've been involved in in months haha I usually avoid these sorts of threads and this one was long dead until my old friend Adonis resurrected it. I want to play nice, but these guys test my patience lol.

• Nadine locked this topic