Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How about those Texans

indyagent17

6 hours ago, Introspect said:

This is the truth.  The teams in our division are horrible.  What does that say about us when we can't win it?

As horrible as they may be....   they're all getting better.

Tennessee and J'Ville have their QB,  and Texas has been able to win 9 games WITHOUT a QB.

The division is no longer the Colts and the three dwarfs as it used to be.....

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were utterly embarrassed in sick fashion as it was easily one of the worst playoff games of all time.  I couldn't imagine even the Colts playing with their 4th string QB being as bad.  I would've put my $$$ on the Cheifs from the getgo but I didn't expect such a major blowout.  I knew they would get their butts kicked but 30-0, sheesh.  Maybe the AFC South isn't getting much better lol.

That being said, the Bengals loss was worse.  They had that game and ruined it with a fumble, bad penalty, and another bad penalty for pushing the ref.

Texans aren't a playoff caliber team.

Actually without Colts struggling they hadn't come even close to PO. They'd need a handfull of good players for being contenders, a game manager QB on the first place. When Watt went down the D stalled (their O was a piece of c..p all night (not just Hoyer, their run-blocking wasn't good neither IMO).

This year they were the best team in AFCS, but that's all. If we won't win out AFC next season, I will be very upset. 

2 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Gosh yea offensive lineman is everything but im just not convinced its just them. I believe its the oline coach too who is unable to adjust them. Weve SEEN them perform in big games like Denver and New England but why not simple games like the Texans?!

Good question. Hopefully with the new coaches coming in it will make a difference.

2 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

They were utterly embarrassed in sick fashion as it was easily one of the worst playoff games of all time.  I couldn't imagine even the Colts playing with their 4th string QB being as bad.  I would've put my $$$ on the Cheifs from the getgo but I didn't expect such a major blowout.  I knew they would get their butts kicked but 30-0, sheesh.  Maybe the AFC South isn't getting much better lol.

That being said, the Bengals loss was worse.  They had that game and ruined it with a fumble, bad penalty, and another bad penalty for pushing the ref.

I've got a feeling there's gonna be some massive fines in the Powerball relm issued to quite a few players and coaches. Really the steelers coaches need suspended, pulling a player's hair, walking into the opposing teams huddle....wtheck

13 hours ago, bap1331 said:

I believe they don't think they need a qb. They've been in the top 10 picks every year since their expansion. The first year was the only time they chose a qb in the first round. 

They get the 1st overall pick in 2013 and they get a defensive player instead of trading down. They probably think they can build a defense like the 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs. I'm so glad I'm not a Texans fan...

You need a monster defense like those Bears and Ravens teams were to do that, and it's extremely rare. The Ravens had many other Championship caliber defenses after that, but lack of QB killed them . It's a different era now, than it was then. Not saying it can't happen , but the odds are stacked way against it with the new rules. 

20 hours ago, Introspect said:

This is the truth.  The teams in our division are horrible.  What does that say about us when we can't win it?

I was thinking the same thing. No excuse to not win this division even without Luck. But everyone got new paper anyway. 

22 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

It says you need your starting QB playing instead of injured so you can win enough games

Well with Luck Colts were 2-5.  Without him 6-3. Luck sucked most of this year...even when healthy. Colts would have made the playoffs if Luck was better to start the year.  Backups almost saved the season. Luck excuse for missing the playoffs just isn't true, 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I sure hope so 

Don't be so sure.  RGIII got some very bad advice from his QB coach.  If the QB coach in Houston can make Hoyer look like a NFL caliber QB for most of the season, he can get RGIII back into the form that helped make him rookie of the year.

You must admit being "champs" of the AFC South is and has been nothing to brag about. It's like Mayweather, the story on his career is he never fought anyone that was tough and he will carry that tag forever. Playing is a soft division is a disadvantage to the winner.

41 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Don't be so sure.  RGIII got some very bad advice from his QB coach.  If the QB coach in Houston can make Hoyer look like a NFL caliber QB for most of the season, he can get RGIII back into the form that helped make him rookie of the year.

A one read qb who relies on his legs?   I can live with that

I watched this game from beginning to end & I couldn't believe how QB Brian Hoyer kept throwing picks & fumbling the ball. I was like "Okay, Hoyer's not this bad." 

I know it's easy to mock & throw dirt on the Texans as a division rival, but I'm not going to do that. Bill O'Brian still got Houston to the playoffs despite a lackluster start this season, their defense was solid all game, & considering that JJ Watt graduated from my alma mater I will always have a soft spot for #99 no matter what. 

Yes, it's surprising that Houston couldn't even get a FG sure, but my Colts have been embarrassed by the Steelers in recent seasons too so any team can get their caboose kicked at any time. It happens. 

I know this isn't the result QuizBoy & other Texans fans wanted this weekend. Don't let anybody humiliate your club because your squad got farther than INDY did this year. Hoyer just had a horrible day at the office that's all. It doesn't mean you need to throw Brian away because HOF QB Peyton Manning got crushed in the 2013 SB loss to Seattle not that long ago either. 

I would have pulled Hoyer sooner though in favor of Brandon Weeden because even if your backup doesn't know the full offense; He still gives you a better shot to win the game in the 2nd half than Hoyer who was like a deer in headlights after awhile. "You play to win the game" --Herm Edwards. 

12 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I see the Texans making a strong push for RGIII in the off season

God,  I hope Jerry Jones is dumb enough to pull the trigger on this deal. SW1 loves me a colossal Dallas train wreck. Please! Please! Please! haha

Cleveland...If you're toying with the RG3 experiment, just say no. You've suffered enough as a franchise. Don't believe me, watch this...

Not related to the topic directly I know, but I still laughed my caboose off & you will too. Trust me. Sorry Browns fans. The truth hurts I know. 

11 hours ago, jet1968 said:

The Texans were completely outplayed in that game. Out of the 4 wild card games played I knew that would be the most one-sided game. 

To be honest with you, I think QB Alex Smith is highly overrated & I just don't see him leading the Chiefs to a victory over NE even with a lousy o-line. 

Alex just doesn't scare me man. Not like Big Ben, RW, Palmer, Newton, & Brady does. 

The Texans D did the best they could for as long as they could. They even limited a lot of points off turnovers.

The Texans offense and QB was.......well beyond pathetic, one of the worst performances I ever seen in the playoffs.

Not blaming the D though.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

The Texans D did the best they could for as long as they could. They even limited a lot of points off turnovers.

The Texans offense and QB was.......well beyond pathetic, one of the worst performances I ever seen in the playoffs.

Andrew Luck smokes that Defense every year, they caught a break this year with him being out.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

True Jules, the Texans defense gave the offense the ball back & Hoyer just said "Here you go Chiefs. I can't do anything with the pigskin today anyway." Just joking! 

On 1/12/2016 at 9:26 PM, southwest1 said:

God,  I hope Jerry Jones is dumb enough to pull the trigger on this deal. SW1 loves me a colossal Dallas train wreck. Please! Please! Please! haha

Jerry Jones is not the owner of the Texans.

It's funny, I remember a lot of people saying similar things about the Chiefs when they signed Alex Smith.

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Jerry Jones is not the owner of the Texans.

It's funny, I remember a lot of people saying similar things about the Chiefs when they signed Alex Smith.

RG3 has terrible footwork , terrible pocket presence and trouble going through progressions. I'm not sure he can ever be cured of seeing ghosts in the pocket and his other issues that led to him being sacked at an incredible rate.

Shanahan did a masterful job in his rookie year masking these deficiencies and the offense no doubt clicked as you say. Problem to going back to that is the obvious. NFL defenses have found the adjustments to stop that kind of attack and part of that involves big hits on the QB. 

This is just my opinion and not fact but I think the evidence supports it. That said he does have great running ability and arm talent. So he's worth a shot for some teams. I however think he's a long shot to be a teams answer at QB.

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

RG3 has terrible footwork , terrible pocket presence and trouble going through progressions. I'm not sure he can ever be cured of seeing ghosts in the pocket and his other issues that led to him being sacked at an incredible rate.

Shanahan did a masterful job in his rookie year masking these deficiencies and the offense no doubt clicked as you say. Problem to going back to that is the obvious. NFL defenses have found the adjustments to stop that kind of attack and part of that involves big hits on the QB. 

This is just my opinion and not fact but I think the evidence supports it. That said he does have great running ability and arm talent. So he's worth a shot for some teams. I however think he's a long shot to be a teams answer at QB.

I don't think RGIII will be the next top Qb in the league but he's accurate,has a strong arm, can make something happen out of nothing.  He has a lot of tools to work with.  He does need to learn to go through progressions and he has injury concerns.  But unlike accuracy, a QB can learn to go through his progressions.

19 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Shanahan also done a masterful job at damaging him by not protecting him from himself.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Shanahan also done a masterful job at damaging him by not protecting him from himself.

Are we really still pretending Mike Shanahan ruined RG3's career? Because it should be plainly obvious at this point that the Shanahans were the only reason he had one to begin with.

On January 12, 2016 at 7:04 AM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The Texans have benefited when 18 & 12 can't go  there best years were due to Colts injuries not great play on the field .

Yeah and the Texans didn't shuffle through 4 subpar QBs this year either /s

Just now, QwizBoy said:

Yeah and the Texans didn't shuffle through 4 subpar QBs this year either /s

There's an article on NFL.com front page right now about an interview Bob McNair gave the Houston Chronicle that basically called the QB play of his team "atrocious". It says he desperately wants a franchise QB and sees it as a top need, but doesn't want to give up much of what he's got on the team now to get it, as he feels that keeping the rest of the pieces together is too important.

Linky: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621812/article/texans-owner-we-need-a-franchise-quarterback

I'd of course argue at this point, that the Texans should potentially blow the whole thing up if it meant getting a franchise quality QB. In the modern NFL, without the guy under center, the highest you can hope to achieve is mediocrity.

Just now, SkyBane said:

Are we really still pretending Mike Shanahan ruined RG3's career? Because it should be plainly obvious at this point that the Shanahans were the only reason he had one to begin with.

Pretending? It was Shanahan who put RG3 out on the field while he was damaged goods. It was also Shanahan who put Terrell Davis out on the field when he was blinded by migraines. His over use of Davis shortened his career quite a bit.