Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whitehurst claimed by the Colts

RockThatBlue

He's been around, backed up some descent QBs. He's even played well every time I remember him coming in. He may even have been on a team WITH Matty H. Can anyone verify this. In Seattle or I'm thinkin they were together in Tenn maybe.

He's a great pickup for what we need now and who's available.

He's a vet so he can run the B squad, help Matt on the sideline, and hold that clipboard.

Hopefully he'll never see the field.

And in the evenings, he and Fleener can talk haircare products.

Good move i think.

He's been around, backed up some descent QBs. He's even played well every time I remember him coming in. He may even have been on a team WITH Matty H. Can anyone verify this. In Seattle or I'm thinkin they were together in Tenn maybe.

He's a great pickup for what we need now and who's available.

He's a vet so he can run the B squad, help Matt on the sideline, and hold that clipboard.

Hopefully he'll never see the field.

And in the evenings, he and Fleener can talk haircare products.

Good move i think.

Yup, he backed up Hasselbeck in Seattle.

Seems like a good move....familiar with Matt and can work well with him to get up to speed and he is familiar with our conference foes if he is asked to step in. Hopefully he was awake in all those qb meetings in Tennessee. He can tell us what they were doing well and trying to exploit and also give us a little insight to the Titans offense.....win/win. Seems the Campbell move was just a smoke screen...or at the very least a long shot plan b.

Decent move. Costs $117,647/week, $1.06m if he's on the roster for the rest of the season. He's a reasonably capable guy for a backup, he's been in a lot of competitive situations and has been around a lot of good offensive coaches and QBs. I wouldn't mind bringing him back to compete for a spot in 2016.