Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geno Smith sucker punched; Broken jaw; Out 6-10 weeks (Merge)

bababooey

@benshpigel: Holy Moly: Geno smith got sucker punched in locker room this morning. Broken jaw. Out 6-10 weeks at least.

@RichCimini: Geno Smith will have surgery, per Bowles. Enemkpali released by team. Bowles just made stunning announcement in briefing w/ press. #NYJ

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Moly: Geno smith got sucker punched in locker room this morning. Broken jaw. Out 6-10 weeks at least.

— Ben Shpigel (@benshpigel)

August 11, 2015

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith

It has been reported that Geno Smith got punched in the jaw during a locker room altercation and will be out for 6 to 10 weeks. 

ILB Ikemefuna Enemkpali was the one that punched Smith and has been released following the fight.    

And the fight wasn't even about football?!?       Are you kidding me?!?

What a couple of *!!

Smith gets in the guys face and wags a finger,  the the meat-head punches the team's quarterback taking him out of the starters role for 6-10 weeks?!?

Couldn't be any dumber than that......     :facepalm:

Didn't they draft a QB too? Like in the 4th 5th or 6th round that has some potential?  I am curious to see who the QB's going to be

Bryce Petty in the 4th Round out of Baylor.  He finished 10th in Heisman voting last year.  

2014: 3,855 Yards, 29 TD, 7 INT, 11-2 Record 

Good grief. What a bizarre story. If I was a Jets fan, I would already be concerned with this coaching regime. For an obscure LB to sucker punch your QB is horrific and a bad sign about what might be going on in the locker room.

And Fitzpatrick is not a better choice at QB. Far from it actually. He is a journey man back up at this point. His ceiling is low unlike Geno who was progressing nicely this TC and easily had the best offense surrounding him since he came to the Jets. As much as I loathe the Jets, I do like Geno and feel bad for him but a broken jaw will also affect him physically as he will lose weight from having to be on a liquid diet for awhile.

I expect the Jets to sign another QB this week as they can't start the season with Fitz and a 4th round pick. Maybe either Vick or Campbell. Not sure who else is out there.

Good grief. What a bizarre story. If I was a Jets fan, I would already be concerned with this coaching regime. For an obscure LB to sucker punch your QB is horrific and a bad sign about what might be going on in the locker room.

And Fitzpatrick is not a better choice at QB. Far from it actually. He is a journey man back up at this point. His ceiling is low unlike Geno who was progressing nicely this TC and easily had the best offense surrounding him since he came to the Jets. As much as I loathe the Jets, I do like Geno and feel bad for him but a broken jaw will also affect him physically as he will lose weight from having to be on a liquid diet for awhile.

I expect the Jets to sign another QB this week as they can't start the season with Fitz and a 4th round pick. Maybe either Vick or Campbell. Not sure who else is out there.

Already tired of the new regime? Seriously? They just had one of the best offseasons in terms of improving their team after Idzik did nothing and Rex never tried to fix his mistakes. Your team gave 40 million to a serial killer and has been caught cheating more than once but the Jets fans should be unhappy with Bowles and McCagnan over this incident??

Seriously has to be one the most obscure things I've ever heard of happening in an NFL locker room. You'd think there's unwritten rule out there that says "Don't punch the franchise QB in the jaw".

I would. Has anyone ever head of anything like this...in the lockers room. In the pre-season...?

Just a disaster..

Seriously has to be one the most obscure things I've ever heard of happening in an NFL locker room. You'd think there's unwritten rule out there that says "Don't punch the franchise QB in the jaw".

You'd think everyone would know the unwritten rule "Don't smush your finger in someone's face", but alas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently, the guy didn't know Smith was the franchise QB.

Heck, I didn't know.

Whether you think Fitz is better than Geno or not, it's hard to grasp the "Jets will be better off" logic...ok - so they arguably might have a marginally better (but still pretty bad) QB...they also apparently have a new head coach who doesn't seem to have much control over his locker room. That's a far worse sign for that team than Smith missing a few weeks.

Just imagine if this happened to Andrew..

Scary thought, but I'd like to imagine that's less likely.  Andrew's less likely to do something to cause a guy to punch him in the face.  Also I would say Andrew by virtue of having more respect in the locker room would be a guy that you wouldn't want to punch.

Jets are losers with or without Geno Smith.

In Indy there is 35 to 40 core members of the team (guys who know they are making the team) that know that they need Andrew Luck in order to win a championship.  You can bet that everyone else in the locker room KNOWS this as well.  I would think even the dumbest meat-head that solves every problem with violence would know enough to be a little too afraid to do that.  He'd probably get his butt kicked by all the other guys.

Wow...a few things here. One I don't think any coach can stop a meat head * from doing something stupid like punch your star qb. A dysfunctional locker room would be where the players don't want to play for a coach or qb. I haven't heard that here...it just sounds like a disagreement between two people. Two, I would be surprised if this guy isn't charged with something. Despite what some say you can't go around hitting people you have a disagreement with. Finger pointing or not...I'm pretty sure the law doesn't say you can't Assualt people UNLESS they point a finger at you. I mean we lived in a society of laws here....unless you are protecting yourself or others there is never an acceptable use of force. How many times has a coach or teacher got in your face and pointed at you....many...and how many times do you knock them out? Unexcusable. Finally as for the qb vacancy. I would like to see them go with the young guy but they have a veteren team so I'm not sure they would buy in. We know what Fitz will give you...be nice to see if the youngster can be the face of the organization or has something special in him.