Training Camp 8/5/15 (Night Practice)

TKnight24

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Luck int brings back bad memories. He throws the worst ints. There looked to be no zip @ all on it and he just lobbed it in. His lack of elite arm strength is what will stop him from being the best qb in league. Aaron Rodgers is relatively young and Luck just can't zip it in there like him. Or even Peyton in his prime.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read

What the hell kind of comment is that? Your compassion looks like your pic. Next week when he is a starter you will be singing a different tune.

Go fly a kite.

Ha, take it easy Colts fans, we're all fans of the same team...

I remember I offended a couple posters to the point of blocking me last season when I jokingly asked if the Colts would be refunding/collecting TRich jerseys, whenever Balt was dealing with the Ray Rice deal...

Please don't buy into that meme when u all have eyes. Peyton had one of the strongest arms in his prime. I don't want to post youtube vids from his mvp yrs. He was better at squeezing the ball through tight windows. Now Luck may be able to sling it further, but thats not how I judge arm strength.

I'd bet Luck could throw it further than Rodgers, but Rodgers can throw w/ way more velocity.

Point is, Luck needs to stop lobbing the ball into coverage. Put some stank on that thing.

Go back and watch more film! Arm strength for luck is not a problem.... It's his decisions! He chose to lob the ball!

Sometimes you need a lob pass you don't always have to throw it as hard as you can! Not always about the speed. Sometimes more air and loft is needed on the ball rather than straight line speed.

If you question his arm strength go back and check the Bengals game pass to Moncrief and there are plenty more expamples. Plenty of strength! Just bad decisions sometimes.

Ha, take it easy Colts fans, we're all fans of the same team...

I remember I offended a couple posters to the point of blocking me last season when I jokingly asked if the Colts would be refunding/collecting TRich jerseys, whenever Balt was dealing with the Ray Rice deal...

Mocking injured players, especially your own warrants immediate dismissal!

What the hell kind of comment is that? Your compassion looks like your pic. Next week when he is a starter you will be singing a different tune.

Lighten up Francis.

Ha, yeah I'm not a fan of the bashing of the lower tier players fighting for a shot at a roster spot, & especially when those or any player gets hurt, it is as you have pointed out in truly poor taste...

I was just trying to point out that humor, however bad it may be, is often lost in lack of tone, etc. On a message board...

Either way here's hoping Heenans issue at camp is as minor as possible & I personally hope he makes the final roster...

Eh, he doesn't sick but he is the 6th best WR on this team right now which makes him odd man out barring injury if we only keep 5

I agree that he's 6th best, but the funny thing is, he might actually have better hands than any receiver on the roster, he catches everything. Just lacks the speed and/or size to really edge out anyone else.

That Luck int brings back bad memories. He throws the worst ints. There looked to be no zip @ all on it and he just lobbed it in. His lack of elite arm strength is what will stop him from being the best qb in league. Aaron Rodgers is relatively young and Luck just can't zip it in there like him. Or even Peyton in his prime.

Please,  try not to read too much into a single pick in practice.

On his best day in his life Peyton Manning never had the arm that Luck has.

Brady's arm is not great.

Montana's arm was not great.    Neither was Steve Young's.

Seriously,  the arm strength issue is so over-rated and over-blown it's not even worth discussing.....

Please, try not to read too much into a single pick in practice.

On his best day in his life Peyton Manning never had the arm that Luck has.

Brady's arm is not great.

Montana's arm was not great. Neither was Steve Young's.

Seriously, the arm strength issue is so over-rated and over-blown it's not even worth discussing.....

you know whose arm was great? Jeff George. I'd take every QB you listed over George. That should tell people everything they need to know about how much arm strength is worth alone.

you know whose arm was great? Jeff George. I'd take every QB you listed over George. That should tell people everything they need to know about how much arm strength is worth alone.

Drew Brees and Chad Pennington are two of the most accurate QBs ever and neither has a strong arm. JaMarcus Russell may have the strongest arm ever. I rest my case.

No. But I include throwing the ball w/ velocity and accuracy. Especially on the intermediate routes into coverage.

Luck has this thing where he tries to guide the ball in there. And he throws a soft ball. Peyton in his prime and Rodgers amd Brady now look like they're trying to throw their hardest @ times. Luck never looks like he's really trying to sling it in there.

So maybe its not his arm, maybe that just him. He seems to be one of those guys that has to take some MPHs off the fastball to get it over the plate.

Rodgers and prime Peyton could throw their hardest ball accurately. I would like to see that out of Andrew.

On another note, Peyton's arm strength has been vastly underrated over the yrs. He had a rocket in his prime.

Time plays tricks on us all, grasshopper.....

In his best fantasy,  Peyton Manning never had a rocket.....    Never.

His arm was good.    Nothing to apologize for or be embarrassed about.   But his best quality has always been Luck's best quality.

Their brain.    That's what has always separated them from everyone else.

BUT GRIFF SUCKS, HE'S THE WORST PLAYER EVER!

Ok sarcasm over, just repeating the resounding sentiment of this board.

Griff Whalen is one of those reliable receivers that people love to hate because they aren't long, tall, speed-burners. Collie, Amendola, Chrebet, Stokley ... all valuable contributors.

We are seriously worrying about Luck throwing ints in TC and complaining about his arm strength? Luck could literally throw 3 picks a day at TC and unless those ints reveal some form of injury to his arm those ints mean nothing

Eh, he doesn't sick but he is the 6th best WR on this team right now which makes him odd man out barring injury if we only keep 5

Lol I didn't even realize I was quoting you on this really I was just writing to have context to what i was saying. Sorry, not intentionality making this at you as per our previous discussion.

Please don't buy into that meme when u all have eyes. Peyton had one of the strongest arms in his prime. I don't want to post youtube vids from his mvp yrs. He was better at squeezing the ball through tight windows. Now Luck may be able to sling it further, but thats not how I judge arm strength.

I'd bet Luck could throw it further than Rodgers, but Rodgers can throw w/ way more velocity.

Point is, Luck needs to stop lobbing the ball into coverage. Put some stank on that thing.

I hate to differ with you and I only have my own memory to go by, but in my opinion, Luck has quite a bit more arm strength that Peyton did in his prime. Luck can throw the sideline route(the standard by which most people judge arm strength)with more zip than Peyton could. The only other way to judge arm strength is distance and Luck has plenty of that. I've seen nothing from Luck to indicate that he lacks arm strength. Is he Brett Favre in his prime? No, but in my opinion Luck has a stronger arm than Peyton did.

We are seriously worrying about Luck throwing ints in TC and complaining about his arm strength? Luck could literally throw 3 picks a day at TC and unless those ints reveal some form of injury to his arm those ints mean nothing

This guy gets it.

No, no one in their right mind is seriously worried about Luck throwing picks in TC.  You're a great poster, do yourself a favor and ignore those kinds of posts.

Thanks for all the updates everyone!!  Sounds like it was a good night of practice with a bit of chippiness!!  Hopefully the nicked up players weren't too seriously injured (Though that Heenan comment by ColtsLegacy was hilarious!). 

Interesting that there were so many INTs.  I wonder if its more of a timing issue or just taking more chances with the ball... or were the DBs taking more chances on their coverages and being more aggressive than normal... Either way, it will be interesting to keep an eye on it. I would love to see our DBs be ballhawks this year!

Sounds like Vincent Brown has been a no show at camp really... No one in the first 4 practices have written anything about anything he has done.  But we have heard plenty about TY, AJ, Moncrief, Doresett, Carter and Whalen.... I would say those are the top 6 at this time... I am a Whalen fan so I am pulling for the Colts to keep 6 WRs.

Dwayne Allen seems to be struggling for some reason... From what it sounds like he has been dropping a lot of easy passes thrown his way... Not a good way to start a contract year... Especially when you have Doyle and Swoope waiting in the wings...

No mention of Fleener from last night... usually means he didn't do anything wrong, which is good I suppose.  From the sounds of it he has been having a decent camp.  Right now I wouldn't be surprised if he gets re-signed and they let Doyle walk...but a lot of that will have to depend on how both perform this season. 

No injuries on the starting 5 O-line from the sounds of it... which is GOOD!  Does anyone know if they have kept the starting 5 AC, Lance Louis, KH, Herrimens, and JM?  Did they switch it up at all last night?  I wasn't a fan of Louis last year but maybe LG is his natural position and he is more comfortable now?  Either way, its nice to see no major injuries so far (though we will see about Heenan from last night).

An Adongo sighting last night!! 

So far it sounds like its been a good camp!  Thanks again everyone for posting updates!!