Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

Not at all, the pats cheated, and brady paid people to do it.

Below is the appropriate punishment Which I know won't happen.

Loss of 1st round draft pick for 2016.

10 million dollar salary cap reduction for 3 years effective immediately.

Tom brady, 1 year suspension.

1 year post season ban.

brady stripped of his super mvp title.

Brady 5 million fine.

Good heavens ...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Falcons and Browns were outside of the game violations. The Vikings were ball tampering this year and got no penalty. They were just told by the league to stop it as they were warming balls on the sideline. So the $25 k fine is baseline. I can see a heavier fine but Francesa is off his rocker if he thinks multiple games for Brady and multiple draft picks ...

Falcon's crowd noise is an outside the game violation? Either way if they get a pick for an "outside the game violation" that would mean an in game violation would be worse, correct? I didn't say multiple games and multiple draft picks. I said multiple games and a draft pick. This is not their first time down this path.

Honestly what does a fine do?  Does this mean every team can find a way to cheap and just get fined?  If so they really have nothing to lose, these organazations and players have all the money in the world.  Taking them out of game(s) and suspending them would teach them more of a lesson rather than a pointless fine.

Professional deflection artist. Stop trying to being attention to me and look it up like a big boy.

You need to back up your own claims . You brought the attention to your self , You can't back up your claims so deflection is the name of the game you have chosen . Weak

I won't waste my time trying to confirm something for you you made claims that have no basis in reality as I expected they were opinions .

At the very least be prepared to back up your wild imagination with some actual facts .

I remember some conversations with you concerning RG3 back when he was drafted your opinion then was wrong its nice to see consistency if nothing else ..

haha

You're just a troll like jvan, pulling up old arguments and not making any sort of sense. Like I said, look it up your Damn self. I'm done talking to the Clown.

Sorry, didn't look through all 15 pages, but I noticed some people pointing out that there is no "concrete evidence." The implication is misleading at best. As Polian pointed out on NFL insiders today, the language used in the report is the standard language the league uses to say "GUILTY." Also, calling it "circumstantial evidence" in no way lessens the blow. Aaron Hernandez is going to spend life in prison for a murder conviction based on circumstantial evidence.

You need to back up your own claims . You brought the attention to your self , You can't back up your claims so deflection is the name of the game you have chosen . Weak

Stop quoting me. You clearly have an agenda to attack me for no reason. I know it might be a little hard for you but use your mouse to look up something you want to see.

In a number of those text messages, McNally and Jastremski discussed the air pressure of Patriots game balls, Tom Brady?s unhappiness with the inflation level of Patriots game balls, Jastremski?s plan to provide McNally with a “needle” for use by McNally, and McNally?s requests for “cash” and sneakers together with the “needle” to be provided by Jastremski.

Brady also invited Jastremski into the "QB room" in Gillette Stadium (referred to as "essentially Brady's office) for the first time in his 20-year career that week, according to the report.

Do I think what they did was against the rules? Yes. Do I think other teams do it, some I am sure. Regardless, Brady has been doing this for a long time, and it is a rules violation. If you have small hands and on cold days, it makes the football easier to handle, throw, and keep a tight grip. Tell me that does not help on cold days in Foxboro when the other team has a fully inflated ball, the home team has an underinflated ball, and interceptions and fumbles favor the Patriots. Please Patriots fans, don't try to tell me there is nothing concrete. You cheated and were caught. Most cases are proved through circumstantial evidence.

Belichick is a great coach, nothing takes away from that and the teams accomplishments. Regardless, he will step over the line each time until caught. Don't forget they just changed another rule in the owners meetings (due to the Patriots) about substitutions and who is legal and not legal to catch passes after Belichick stepped up to the line against the Ravens. No he technically did not step over it, but Harbaugh sure felt he did!

You're just a troll like jvan, pulling up old arguments and not making any sort of sense. Like I said, look it up your Damn self. I'm done talking to the Clown.

I haven't even read the posts, and I have nothing against you (I have spent the last two hours of work reading the Wells report...  Don't tell my boss...).  That being said, I have to agree with the lazy guys on this one.  If you don't bother to take the time substantiating your own claims, why should we bother taking stock in anything you say?

The quotes from the text messages of the two equipment guys is pretty hard evidence if you ask me that Tom was involved:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/-tom-sucks---a-breakdown-of-the-text-messages-in-the-deflategate-report-191237439.html

0244e620-f423-11e4-bac3-ada54fc03492_tb1

Uhh, unless the guy flat out lied (why would he?), Jastremski just admitted Tom Brady talked with him and said it must have been stressful doing this.

Falcon's crowd noise is an outside the game violation? Either way if they get a pick for an "outside the game violation" that would mean an in game violation would be worse, correct? I didn't say multiple games and multiple draft picks. I said multiple games and a draft pick. This is not their first time down this path.

Games operations. Ball deflation is a games operations violation which is why there is the $25k fine. It is not the same at all as pumping in noise, etc. Still, I think Roger will go hard with this as he does on most things ...

I think you're reading me wrong, I don't really know a lot about the texts yet. They were reading some on the radio and it sounds like Brady was PO'd about the condition of the balls in a game against the Jets last year. One of the two staff guys texted the other saying something like, "(Expletive) Tom, next week I'm gonna pump those things up to 16 PSI!" Not like a buddy-buddy thing, more along the lines of employees working for a very temperamental, particular boss. 

I assume any evidence is consistent with the "more than likely" and "in all probability" nature of the report's conclusion. But yeah, I'll read it and we can toss it around!  

Yep...I indeed read you wrong. Seemed a bit out of character .. that's why I asked

:spit:    Thats not nice .  Dude theres nothing wrong with admitting your wrong . I'll give you a mulligan .

Makes sense to me to point out this is not the first time you were wildly wrong its all good keep your chin up .

I'm done talking to clowns too especially one that can't even blow up a balloon .. haha

Yes his presser was awful. Not sure why the Pats PR put him up there to begin with and for that long as well.

You really think this puts an asterix? Ball deflation? I guess in some people's minds because of the hate ... but I think the Hawks having multiple guys suspended for PEDs and running illegal practices was worse but that is just me ... lots of gamesmanship and in the end this is a game day operations violation that is supposed to be a $25k fine ...

Yes his presser was awful. Not sure why the Pats PR put him up there to begin with and for that long as well.

You really think this puts an asterix? Ball deflation? I guess in some people's minds because of the hate ... but I think the Hawks having multiple guys suspended for PEDs and running illegal practices was worse but that is just me ... lots of gamesmanship and in the end this is a game day operations violation that is supposed to be a $25k fine ...

What you are talking about makes sense it is bad when players from any team use PED and they should be suspended, But when you have a spokesman for the NFL

into which millions of kids look up too and then to go on National TV and lie about your involvement in this matter. No one is hating on Brady just disappointed.

What you are talking about makes sense it is bad when players from any team use PED and they should be suspended, But when you have a spokesman for the NFL

into which millions of kids look up too and then to go on National TV and lie about your involvement in this matter. No one is hating on Brady just disappointed.

I am not sure why kids would be looking up to him. I certainly don't teach my kids to emulate athletes other than what they do on the field. But I agree a bad look for him but not the end of the world either. It is April. Season is still months away ...

It's not just you, Qwiz. I'm not looking for trouble, I'm refuting a general idea that many have expressed, here and elsewhere, that was included in your post.

So I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just saying that I don't know how you can reconcile those two defenses. If everyone does it, then how can we undermine the Wells report as being inconclusive? There is zero evidence -- aside from a general assertion -- that any team other than the Pats has ever done this, yet Pats fans and supporters will cavalierly try to implicate every other team in the league in order to take the heat off the Pats.

Yet, in the face of a 243 page report of facts uncovered during a long investigation in which dozens of people were interviewed, expert analysis was compiled, and facts were checked against each other to uncover the truth about this situation, Pats fans and supporters will say "ehh, that's not really proof." That's amazing to me.

We need more than the Wells report to pin this to the Pats, but based on nothing but a spirit of deflection, we'll nail this indiscretion to every other team in the league? Nah. It's not gonna fly.

I see what you're saying. Well the proof is out there now, whether anyone else does it or not they got caught and have to face the consequences. Like I was saying originally, I feel bad for the fans, but punishment has to be meted.

The quotes from the text messages of the two equipment guys is pretty hard evidence if you ask me that Tom was involved:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/-tom-sucks---a-breakdown-of-the-text-messages-in-the-deflategate-report-191237439.html

0244e620-f423-11e4-bac3-ada54fc03492_tb1

Uhh, unless the guy flat out lied (why would he?), Jastremski just admitted Tom Brady talked with him and said it must have been stressful doing this.

There's even more than that.... what follows is even clearer. Unfortunately, I can't post it because I can't figure out a way to edit out all the cuss words right now....

I haven't even read the posts, and I have nothing against you (I have spent the last two hours of work reading the Wells report... Don't tell my boss...). That being said, I have to agree with the lazy guys on this one. If you don't bother to take the time substantiating your own claims, why should we bother taking stock in anything you say?

Okay. Thanks for being civil. I'm off at seven, I'll post links then.

Stop quoting me. You clearly have an agenda to attack me for no reason. I know it might be a little hard for you but use your mouse to look up something you want to see.

Attack come on thats a bit dramatic , I & others asked if you could back up your bogus info if unable I understand I did'nt think there was any merit to your wild claims & the proof is your inability to back up a fictional story .

If indeed you feel the need just hit the ignore button , I won't I enjoy the diversion & laughs .  Thank you

Really....wow. there is evidence to prove you wrong. Not a single colts ball ever tested below the limits. Ever.. .the intelligence in your post or lack thereof is just mind numbing.

I was just referring to when superman brought up the point that now some Pat fans were saying  "no big deal , every team messes with the footballs." I kind of went off topic as I didn't fell like trying to find the post where he stated that. Hence the confusion above ....

Games operations. Ball deflation is a games operations violation which is why there is the $25k fine. It is not the same at all as pumping in noise, etc. Still, I think Roger will go hard with this as he does on most things ...

I think it is more than necessary to go hard on cheating as I feel it is unnecessary and just plain wrong. I hope he makes an example with the Pats, not because I am a Colts fans and can't stand that Pats. The major thing for me is most teams see the Pats as untouchable if Goodell strikes down with an iron fist and makes an example of the Pats many other teams will be turned away from cheating because if the Pats got punished they know they will be no different.

Attack come on thats a bit dramatic , I & others asked if you could back up your bogus info if unable I understand I did'nt think there was any merit to your wild claims & the proof is your inability to back up a fictional story .

If indeed you feel the need just hit the ignore button , I won't I enjoy the diversion & laughs . Thank you

You have a history of attacks. You're the Clown here is what's funny. I do enjoy laughing, thanks for asking :)

In any type of debate it is the responsibility of the person making the claim to back up their claim, it's not the other party's responsibility to prove the negative of the claim.

I'll post the links, don't worry.

Looking forward to finding out what the NFL will do about this.  Given that golden boy Brady is "more likely than not" involved...I'm fully expecting a petty slap on the wrist in the way of a meaningless fine comparatively speaking.  I wonder if Goodell has the stones to suspend him and if so for how long?

Regardless...this confirms that yet another Pats super bowl season is associated with some kind of cheating scandal.  They have yet to win a Super Bowl without this type of specter attached to it.  Such  talented teams too...it's sad really...no reason to try to gain illicit competitive advantages...but they did. 

Sorry for Pats fans.  Again they have to contrive ways to justify the actions of the team they love.  Too exhausting.  They best get to reading that 200+ page Wells Report in its entirety.   lol

I'm glad that it was our boy Grigson who alerted the League to this.  Despite what happened on the field last year, he really ended up sticking it to them real good in the end. lol  I can imagine the Pats organization is festering at the Colts right now.  Our front office makes no bones about not liking them either so that adds even more fuel to the fire for next year.

Aaah sookie sookie!

:popcorn:

Here is my feeling on this. 

The report itself will do little to change the mind of many who formed their opinion on Day 1 of the investigation. There are people on both sides of the argument with very strong opinions and we were all waiting for proof one way or the other. The problem with the report is that it left just enough for each side to continue that same argument by using terminology like 'more probable than not'...it leaves that little bit for it's defenders to cling to because in the end, still, nothing was proven. And this is why I think it will be difficult to punish.

Do I think Brady knew about this and was involved? Yes I do...but the fact that he didnt hand his phone over isnt what makes me believe that. That isn't proof. Unfortunately the report stopped just short of actually saying that he did it, and that is what makes it difficult to punish. I will be very surprised if there is any type of suspension...a fine maybe, but how do you suspend a player for 'probably' doing something?

This isn't a jury trial.  Beyond reasonable doubt is not the standard to win this case.  Preponderance of the evidence is.  Another way of looking at it asks “is the proposition more likely than not?",  or more probable then not?  Just greater than 50% is the level to prevail. In football terms, the offense only needs to cross the 50 yard line by an inch or more. But i feel the level of punishment under such is reduced because of such.  In my mind, a fine and at least 1 or two game suspension for Brady at this level, nothing for Belichick/Kraft/Patriots org. 

Now if there was Clear and convincing evidence, the proof was strong, free from doubt and the punishment should be strong and elevated accordingly.  This is not Brady's case, IMO.  This  would be the offense moving the ball to the 25-30 yard line.  Easy FG range.

The final level is beyond all reasonable doubt. Here there can be no other outcome determined based upon the facts presented.  This would be like the offense advancing the ball down to the goal line. The punishment here would be harsh, but doesn't apply in Brady's case.

The league has to do something, and Brady has to at least get 1 game suspension.

But I forgot about misleading the league.  Typically Troy Vincent Titans on heavy for doing that.  This could be bad for Brady in that regard...  O_o !!