Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

Hey all. Longtime no talk. Patriots fan here...

So in reading the summary of the Wells report and reading the conclusion in the report, and reading the ball measurements in the report, etc., without reading all of it, it's my conclusion that YES, Brady knew about the scheme to deflate footballs, and lied to us all this time. I'm disappointed in that. Even the fact that the PSI had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, that's no excuse. He cheated. That's hard for me to say being a life-long Patriots fan. Some people will say but we won 28-0 in second half with properly inflated footballs. That means nothing. He cheated.

I'm at least glad the organization/head coach per the report shows they nothing to do with this. Some may still think they did, but I can't speak to that, only what the report shows. At least this wasn't a organization-wide conspiracy, which really would have ruined my day.

Having said that, Brady needs to be fined at least $50,000 and I would fine him $100,000. This appears to be one player with two clowns who attempted to influence the game by altering the balls. The fact they deflated balls after the refs inspected them, that's cheating.

To those who want to make this a greater organization conspiracy, top-down, I won't entertain those posts. To say they didn't deserve to beat Seattle, etc.. I won't entertain that. The SB was the most well-officated game in the history of the NFL. No rules were broken there with the spotlight on cheating.

So yeah, throw the book at Brady, fine him hard, I'll be right there to praise the fine. He should have came and out said he wanted light balls at his press conference. Should have taken the blame then, and not had us wait 100 days to find out he lied.

Bryan

I am on the fence with how Brady should be punished. I do not expect much at all.

About BB knowing, I really do not think he did. In his press conference, he seemed very sincere and also very believable. I do not blame Bill at all.

As to Kraft, he seems like he will take to his grave believing the NFL is out to get his team.

It all stinks, but Bill handled it very classy and in a professional way. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again you're looking for trouble when it isn't there. I've heard other reports that bounties have happened, and neither one of us can say if they have or not because we aren't players. I said "initial lack of evidence". Which means until now, nothing was concrete. And former QBs have come out and admitted to altering PSI.

If you can't produce links your argument is opinion & weak .  

Hoodie knows how many squares are left on the toilet paper rolls in Gilette. In every stall. Including the women's restrooms.

Can't punish him though. Just the ball boys and the chief beneficiary Brady. Bonus points if Kraft is forced to eat his own shirt.

why? Sean Payton was disciplined

here's something that's really not being discussed but could be related......what about how the deflated balls could have contributed to the Pats being SOOOOO much better than the league average on fumbles the last few years.

I have heard several people bring up that point. But it is a very good point. 

can't access....what does it  say?

He's just telling it like it is, he is widely regarded as the best in sports radio for a long time. In NY he is our sports pope. He thinks Brady gets a few games, Pats should lose a pick and some cash. This isn't their first time down this road, the texts are insanely incriminating. The Falcons just lost a pick over crowd noise. Cheating culture, etc.

It was all over the place after both incidents happened. I would provide some links but I'm at work on my cell. Google is your friend.

Ive always found your posts to be good and valid points, even the ones about the texans. However, your argument that everyone does it, is really grasping at straws.

It was all over the place after both incidents happened. I would provide some links but I'm at work on my cell. Google is your friend.

Not good enough, I'm at work too. Give me sources when you get home because your argument is weak.

If their starting QB is Geno Smith, you darn sure can discount them.

No guarantee he'll be the starter though...which would be wise on their part.

No quarterback, but division games are always tough.  Its not like the other AFC south teams have elite quarterbacks, and there have been many close games.

Just looking at this from a PR and timing stand point. The NFL released this right after the draft so I would think losing draft picks is very unlikely as Roger would have known about Well's findings pre-draft. So that leaves potential suspensions and fines. The game operations book says it is a $25 k but can be more if the league deems so. I would think a suspension would be over the top on this one but I could see heavy fines for Brady for sure and possibly Kraft/org.

I'm really stumped reading your comment. I don't know if you taking a "blame the victim" approach to this situation or possibly a "everyone does it so its ok" approach. Or if you are a person who just likes to argue. But my response will be.. If it wasn't a big deal, why would Brady want the ball to have a lower PSI in the first place?

You're stomped because several arguments are getting mashed together. Trust me, I don't like to argue, but most posters in this thread find it orgasmic. I only mentioned big deals because if everyone suspected it then naturally someone would have reported it if it was so wrong, right?

google is available on your phone. you are making the claim, not us

It's hard as hell to copy and paste links from your phone. Especially at WORK. You're not four, you can look it up yourself.

By your twisted logic. Look it up your Damn self, I'm at work.

I won't waste my time trying to confirm something for you you made claims that have no basis in reality as I expected they were opinions .

At the very least be prepared to back up your wild imagination with some actual facts .

I remember some conversations with you concerning RG3 back when he was drafted your opinion then was wrong its nice to see consistency if nothing else ..

haha

Just looking at this from a PR and timing stand point. The NFL released this right after the draft so I would think losing draft picks is very unlikely as Roger would have known about Well's findings pre-draft. So that leaves potential suspensions and fines. The game operations book says it is a $25 k but can be more if the league deems so. I would think a suspension would be over the top on this one but I could see heavy fines for Brady for sure and possibly Kraft/org.

Ever occur to you that it wasn't available until today? There is also a draft in 2016 as well (don't know where it will be but we know it will happen). The Falcons just lost a pick for crowd noise so I wouldn't assume you are out of the woods despite the incriminating report. We already determined 3 months ago the game operations book says it is not limited to 25K fine, not just a 25K fine like you and Yehoodi tried to make it out to be. This is not the first time the Pats have been down this road so why would a suspension be over the top?

There is a 2016 NFL draft.  They could still lose picks

He's just telling it like it is, he is widely regarded as the best in sports radio for a long time. In NY he is our sports pope. He thinks Brady gets a few games, Pats should lose a pick and some cash. This isn't their first time down this road, the texts are insanely incriminating. The Falcons just lost a pick over crowd noise. Cheating culture, etc.

Yes and he is not biased at all against Boston teams ...

Again you're looking for trouble when it isn't there. I've heard other reports that bounties have happened, and neither one of us can say if they have or not because we aren't players. I said "initial lack of evidence". Which means until now, nothing was concrete. And former QBs have come out and admitted to altering PSI.

It's not just you, Qwiz. I'm not looking for trouble, I'm refuting a general idea that many have expressed, here and elsewhere, that was included in your post.

So I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just saying that I don't know how you can reconcile those two defenses. If everyone does it, then how can we undermine the Wells report as being inconclusive? There is zero evidence -- aside from a general assertion -- that any team other than the Pats has ever done this, yet Pats fans and supporters will cavalierly try to implicate every other team in the league in order to take the heat off the Pats.

Yet, in the face of a 243 page report of facts uncovered during a long investigation in which dozens of people were interviewed, expert analysis was compiled, and facts were checked against each other to uncover the truth about this situation, Pats fans and supporters will say "ehh, that's not really proof." That's amazing to me.

We need more than the Wells report to pin this to the Pats, but based on nothing but a spirit of deflection, we'll nail this indiscretion to every other team in the league? Nah. It's not gonna fly. 

Just looking at this from a PR and timing stand point. The NFL released this right after the draft so I would think losing draft picks is very unlikely as Roger would have known about Well's findings pre-draft. So that leaves potential suspensions and fines. The game operations book says it is a $25 k but can be more if the league deems so. I would think a suspension would be over the top on this one but I could see heavy fines for Brady for sure and possibly Kraft/org.

Not at all, the pats cheated, and brady paid people to do it.

Below is the appropriate punishment Which I know won't happen.

Loss of 1st round draft pick for 2016.

10 million dollar salary cap reduction for 3 years effective immediately.

Tom brady, 1 year suspension.

1 year post season ban.

brady stripped of his super mvp title.

Brady 5 million fine.

Hoodie knows how many squares are left on the toilet paper rolls in Gilette. In every stall. Including the women's restrooms.

Can't punish him though. Just the ball boys and the chief beneficiary Brady. Bonus points if Kraft is forced to eat his own shirt.

does that include the white collar too?  :)

time to tap your ruby red slippers three times,  and wake up.

Ever occur to you that it wasn't available until today? There is also a draft in 2016 as well (don't know where it will be but we know it will happen). The Falcons just lost a pick for crowd noise so I wouldn't assume you are out of the woods despite the incriminating report. We already determined 3 months ago the game operations book says it is not limited to 25K fine, not just a 25K fine like you and Yehoodi tried to make it out to be. This is not the first time the Pats have been down this road so why would a suspension be over the top?

Falcons and Browns were outside of the game violations. The Vikings were ball tampering this year and got no penalty. They were just told by the league to stop it as they were warming balls on the sideline. So the $25 k fine is baseline. I can see a heavier fine but Francesa is off his rocker if he thinks multiple games for Brady and multiple draft picks ...