Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes your right. Heavy fines, like atleast $1 mil, preferably 2 mil.

Hurt Kraft in the wallet(if that's possible, LoL).

I think you better significantly increase that fine if you want to hurt Kraft in the pocket haha, but yeah those fines seem about right.

Yeah, Maybe the Pats will have to give a draft pick to the Colts since it was against that game.  Or Brady can be suspended when Pats play the Colts. (Though I hope not the later, a win against the Pats without Brady would just feel empty.)

Sure and the you can go get another WR (badda bing).

Yeah, Maybe the Pats will have to give a draft pick to the Colts since it was against that game.  Or Brady can be suspended when Pats play the Colts. (Though I hope not the later, a win against the Pats without Brady would just feel empty.)

I would gladly take who I wanted anyway...Malcolm Brown  :)  OK done with Malcolm  He is a Patsy!  :)

And you Adonis?  No longer a deviant...messed up clown?  HA HA!

Oh I'm still a Clown my friend just a lil out of sorts I have tried many times today to upload another pic but unfortunately my computer skills are equal to a caveman .

I assumed at first my clown had made my choices persona non grata .  I hope to remedy the situation son this plain jane avi just is not me ..

I am a little bit 'miffed' that this was not reported long before the draft. The NFL did not want to take draft picks from losers Kraft and Brady.....or and the cheat-meister himself Billy Boy!

Brent, losing a draft pick wouldn't hurt them, and there is no reasonable amount of $$ fine that will hurt Brady.

The only real punishment to him, or the team, that would matter would be suspension. That is my opinion.

and I'm sure the hoodie knew about the deflation of the balls. see how that works

Hoodie knows how many squares are left on the toilet paper rolls in Gilette. In every stall. Including the women's restrooms.

Can't punish him though. Just the ball boys and the chief beneficiary Brady. Bonus points if Kraft is forced to eat his own shirt.

Imagine if the Colts lost to the Pats with a backup quarterback. That might be worse.. :)

Man if Brady gets suspended 6 games. They'll still go 4-2

if he is suspended 6 games they go 3-3 or 2-4. with the first 6 games against Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Dallas, Indianapolis and the Jets, I could see them losing to Pittsburgh, @ Buffalo, @ Dallas and @ Indy. but I will go with 3-3 with out brady. 

Sure and the you can go get another WR (badda bing).

LOL. That was funny.  And you may not be far from the mark....in retrospect Colts might just keep drafting bad-butt wr's and let them go after the rookie contracts are up to keep salary cap down...lol

The Patriots fans didn't do anything, though. And that's who I was referring to.

I agree, if anything if the punishment comes down on them hard and let's say brady gets suspended for a minimum of 6 games (hypothetically speaking) the fans are the ones who have been cheated. 

Page 163 two officials measured the balls at halftime, Clete Blackman and Dyrol Prioleau. Notice anything screwy? You will. When measuring the Patriots footballs Clete Blackman consistently came up with PSI readings .4 less than Dyrol Prioleau but when Clete Blackman measured the Colts balls they came in much higher than Dyrol Prioleau.

fishy smell is fishy

if he is suspended 6 games they go 3-3 or 2-4. with the first 6 games against Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Dallas, Indianapolis and the Jets, I could see them losing to Pittsburgh, @ Buffalo, @ Dallas and @ Indy. but I will go with 3-3 with out brady. 

Don't discount the Jets.  They did a better job against the Pats last year than the Colts did.

I was under the impression that they are a little more incriminating than that. Shall we agree to revisit this in a week or so ? Unless I'm reading your post wrong . You're saying there's nothing there but evidence that they don't like Brady ? Correct ?

I think you're reading me wrong, I don't really know a lot about the texts yet. They were reading some on the radio and it sounds like Brady was PO'd about the condition of the balls in a game against the Jets last year. One of the two staff guys texted the other saying something like, "(Expletive) Tom, next week I'm gonna pump those things up to 16 PSI!" Not like a buddy-buddy thing, more along the lines of employees working for a very temperamental, particular boss. 

I assume any evidence is consistent with the "more than likely" and "in all probability" nature of the report's conclusion. But yeah, I'll read it and we can toss it around!  

and I'm sure the hoodie knew about the deflation of the balls. see how that works

Everyone always wants to tell you he has total control of his teams . No its the Hoodie did'nt know ? really is he a genius or is he an * ?

Patriot fans cannot have it both ways .  Same goes for Brady yeah he has been exceptional but he has also been found to be a liar & a cheat .

What is he ?  A QB who had'nt won a Superbowl in 10 years so he wanted to cement his legacy as the team of the decade & he did as the biggest cheaters of the last decade .

If Grigson said it was common knowledge around the league when he reported it, wouldn't it make sense that a coach and owner of the team in question would have heard about it and could have put a stop to it? It is their responsibility to know their team and staff. It is a pretty similar case to Payton knowing and not participating, yet not doing anything.

Why didn't anyone else report it then? If it was such a big deal I'm sure some other team would've stepped up. Like bountygate, this is said to be common practice around the league, so yeah, you got the connections right.

Imagine if the Colts lost to the Pats with a backup quarterback. That might be worse.. :)

It almost happened in 'o8 when brady went down with injury...Cassell came in and Colts barely won 18-15....so it is not out of the question...but yeah, you are right...that would just be a dagger

You are right. They just feverishly supported their team...sometimes to a fault.

Same could be argued for a lot of football fans. Fans are supposed to support their teams, and this isn't the first or last case of fans denying something big, especially without initial evidence.

Brent, losing a draft pick wouldn't hurt them, and there is no reasonable amount of $$ fine that will hurt Brady.

The only real punishment to him, or the team, that would matter would be suspension. That is my opinion.

If player goes...coach goes....a coach is responsible for his players...for that matter Kraft should be suspended as well....

Why didn't anyone else report it then? If it was such a big deal I'm sure some other team would've stepped up. Like bountygate, this is said to be common practice around the league, so yeah, you got the connections right.

Bountygate wasn't common around the league. Neither is this.

It's amazing. You can say "everyone does it," and at the same time, say "there's no real proof." 

Same could be argued for a lot of football fans. Fans are supposed to support their teams, and this isn't the first or last case of fans denying something big, especially without initial evidence.

Agreed.  We are called fanatics for a reason.

Page 163 two officials measured the balls at halftime, Clete Blackman and Dyrol Prioleau. Notice anything screwy? You will. When measuring the Patriots footballs Clete Blackman consistently came up with PSI readings .4 less than Dyrol Prioleau but when Clete Blackman measured the Colts balls they came in much higher than Dyrol Prioleau.

fishy smell is fishy

Yes when you take a pin to gauge pressure you will lose some pressure, which PFT pointed out. I'd be a little nervous if the second measurement was higher, not lower. Regardless, they are all still far below while the Colts were fine. You can ignore the incriminating text messages to fit your narrative though.

That fishy smell is Tom Brady's reputation.

Don't discount the Jets.  They did a better job against the Pats last year than the Colts did.

two losses by a combined 3 points with NO QB, #1 WR, or Secondary. In fact 7 losses by one score or less and they added a secondary, brandon marshall, some good draft picks, a serviceable QB in fitzpatrick that doesn't need to win the game for them on his own. Meanwhile the Pats lost their secondary. I think they may surprise some folks.

Everyone always wants to tell you he has total control of his teams . No its the Hoodie did'nt know ? really is he a genius or is he an * ?

Patriot fans cannot have it both ways .  Same goes for Brady yeah he has been exceptional but he has also been found to be a liar & a cheat .

What is he ?  A QB who had'nt won a Superbowl in 10 years so he wanted to cement his legacy as the team of the decade & he did as the biggest cheaters of the last decade .

I honestly do not care that BB is an ***, a whole lot of football/Major League coaches are.  it is the continued need to cheat....I don't get that.

The best punishment would be make the Patriots eat federally mandated schools lunchs that'll teach them ..

It's amazing. You can say "everyone does it," and at the same time, say "there's no real proof."

"Everyone does it...well...except us. Yeah, that's it. Everyone else does it and they're jealous of us. No evidence. Super Bowl."

- Unified Pats Fans Answer

Again you're looking for trouble when it isn't there. I've heard other reports that bounties have happened, and neither one of us can say if they have or not because we aren't players. I said "initial lack of evidence". Which means until now, nothing was concrete. And former QBs have come out and admitted to altering PSI.

Again you're looking for trouble when it isn't there. I've heard other reports that bounties have happened, and neither one of us can say if they have or not because we aren't players. I said "initial lack of evidence". Which means until now, nothing was concrete. And former QBs have come out and admitted to altering PSI.

Sources?

I'm really stumped reading your comment.  I don't know if you taking a "blame the victim" approach to this situation or possibly a "everyone does it so its ok" approach.  Or if you are a person who just likes to argue.  But my response will be.. If it wasn't a big deal, why would Brady want the ball to have a lower PSI in the first place?