Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laughing at the people who think that Tom Brady will be suspended for this. He won't. 

The most realistic punishment is a heavy fine for both Brady and the organization as well as taking away a late round draft pick. I'd be shocked if it was more. 

For his actions in the game yes.  But like when I was saying about lying to the Media, Wells investigators, and the NFL fans in general, He should be suspended...But that is my opinion.  We will just have to wait and see...Sound like the Comish will be handing out the punishments in a few days going by the way he spoke.

Do you actually see Goodell suspending Brady?

prior to last year, no.  after taking a ton of heat for improper disciplines this season, it would not surpries me now.

RJ needs to forget that its tom brady and treat him like he would treat a player that he has never heard of

prior to last year, no.  after taking a ton of heat for improper disciplines this season, it would not surpries me now.

Yes, but it's different. Goodell's recent punishments happened off the field/away from the sport. 

Do you guys hear it in these conversations:  "Would they suspend him because he's Tom Brady?!"

If you would suspend the lowest member of any team, you have to suspend the Superbowl MVP.  No special treatment.  No harsher treatment.  No lesser treatment.  Justice is supposed to be blind - A.K.A. treats everyone before her as simple a person, not an important person and an unimportant person.

Man ya'll are on this like a fat person on cake, Had this been some team like Bucs or Raiders this thread would have died down in less then half the 18 pages its gone on, Its really massively overblown here over 1-2 PSI

Man ya'll are on this like a fat person on cake, Had this been some team like Bucs or Raiders this thread would have died down in less then half the 18 pages its gone on, Its really massively overblown here over 1-2 PSI

I think the fact that they can't play without cheating or breaking the rules is what makes this a big deal.

Man ya'll are on this like a fat person on cake, Had this been some team like Bucs or Raiders this thread would have died down in less then half the 18 pages its gone on, Its really massively overblown here over 1-2 PSI

Really?  Do you think it's about 1-2 PSI?  It isn't really - it's about thinking you're bigger than the game. You matter more than the rules and you can do what you want.  

It's about fair competition.  There is a reason there are rules.  It makes for a level playing field.  Same as why steroids aren't allowed.  So that 22 men on one team have the same basic opportunity as the 22 men on the other team. 

It's bigger because it's Brady and the Patriots than it might have been for another team because they should know better.  You want to be a big star and get paid huge endorsements and money, you should expect bigger scrutiny.

If you would suspend the lowest member of any team, you have to suspend the Superbowl MVP.  No special treatment.  No harsher treatment.  No lesser treatment.  Justice is supposed to be blind - A.K.A. treats everyone before her as simple a person, not an important person and an unimportant person.

well said. we all know some random player no one has ever heard of would go down for this.  i still think he will get off somewhat easy but any suspension would send a nice message

i throw the football around every week.  i also keep it under inflated becuase that makes it easier to throw, catch, and run with.  this is more than just a non issue.  its a competitive advantage.

I think the fact that they can't play without cheating or breaking the rules is what makes this a big deal.

Understandable but Im also of the opinion that each team should be able to play with there own ball at the level they want provided that it inflated to the point it can do what it is supposed to do, That's why I don't this as a big deal, Different QB's have different sized hands, Now I believe those involved should be punished because it is against the rule, Im not sticking up for any involved believe me...But if this was some team like the Bucs or some other team then this don't go on 18 pages and counting

i throw the football around every week.  i also keep it under inflated becuase that makes it easier to throw, catch, and run with.  this is more than just a non issue.  its a competitive advantage.

I understand that and they should be punished

The report came to the conclusion regarding the balls used in the AFCCG.  I'd be interested in seeing if they went back to see how long this had been going on

If there is more evidence of this from the past, that would be the "Mystery Movie of the Week" starring slight-of-hand artist, Tom Brady and his Dancing Asterisks, along with the long version hit rock song from 1974 ACE : "How Long Has This Been Going On" playing _loudly_ in the background!

LOL. It's not a "report." It's a report. Stop it.

And it's not speculative. Much of it is circumstantial. There's nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence.

And it's not just a report...it's THE REPORT. The Pats cheated and got caught, Pats fans need to stop making excuses.

Understandable but Im also of the opinion that each team should be able to play with there own ball at the level they want 

Maybe they should just play with a NERF football.  

But if this was some team like the Bucs or some other team then this don't go on 18 pages and counting

When did the Bucs get caught cheating multiple times while winning a Super Bowl?

You're dang skippy Gav.  I loathe New England...with no apologies.

Soooo...

if I'm McNally or Jastremski I am totally on the phone right now with Shady Brady, TMZ, & any other media outlet I can find playing bidding war...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA....

This is a good point. One of those two mentioned not reporting this to ESPN... yet. That tells me he's not in a contract binding his language. It's highly likely these guys will be fired, because New England will find them expendable. My guess is they're also receiving death threats (sad, but we all know it's true based on past football experiences). All it takes is one of the two to come forward and talk to the media about this. It's just a matter of *when*, and based on their texts, they're easily manipulated by money if they're willing to endanger their jobs for sports memorabilia!

Regardless, Tom Brady lied about not knowing who one of these guys were. Odd, considering the guy was with New England the entirety of Tom Brady's career, and doubly odd considering they're referring to Brady by name and referencing having spoken with Brady. If Brady wants under-inflated footballs, fine, but his dishonesty is a stain on his character.

The issue is that the game of football is created, shaped, and adjusted by a set of rules. Without the rules, the game doesn't exist.

One team has an established pattern of trying to skirt the rules. That is the bigger issue.

Its a cultural thing, probably coming from ownership, but more directly coming from the head coach. The other 31 teams and the governing body needs to stop wasting their time with these knuckleheads on a case by case basis and look at the body of work under the Kraft/Belicheck regime.

Next year it will be something else..and the next...and the next.

Its understandable that we need video cameras in the stands to keep an eye on the drunk fans...but how many more cameras do we need to keep an eye on the Patriots.

This is a good point. One of those two mentioned not reporting this to ESPN... yet. That tells me he's not in a contract binding his language. It's highly likely these guys will be fired, because New England will find them expendable. My guess is they're also receiving death threats (sad, but we all know it's true based on past football experiences). All it takes is one of the two to come forward and talk to the media about this. It's just a matter of *when*, and based on their texts, they're easily manipulated by money if they're willing to endanger their jobs for sports memorabilia!

Regardless, Tom Brady lied about not knowing who one of these guys were. Odd, considering the guy was with New England the entirety of Tom Brady's career, and doubly odd considering they're referring to Brady by name and referencing having spoken with Brady. If Brady wants under-inflated footballs, fine, but his dishonesty is a stain on his character.

Meh. I'm not going to get into the whole dishonesty thing because players lie all the time. When did Brady mention not knowing Jamstreski or whoever anyway? If it was before the Super Bowl, then like somebody said, he might have been afraid he would be at risk of getting suspended for the big game. If players lie about concussions, their health, to play in regular season games, I'm sure every player would lie about something like deflating footballs to ensure they could play in the Super Bowl.

And could have greatly affected the Ravens game....

I have been saying this from the start Ricker.  Everyone was saying "oh, this didn't matter in the AFC Championship game blah blah blah" but they obviously have been doing this for a long long time and the Baltimore game absolutely was affected and close enough to have changed who was still playing for the Super Bowl.  Bottom line, the Patriots cheated their way to a Super Bowl.  Polian says this is as serious as it can be, the highest level of violation as yet seen in the league, rather than a mere missing a stop sign or going 5 mph over the speed limit.  He says it happened between the "white lines" which puts it in a class by itself with no prior precedence in league history.  

He also says that more than Brady and the 2 employees should see punishment.  

Brady should miss a year.  Anything less is saying punishment X in exchange for a Super Bowl championship is worth it by far.  The Patriots should lose their 1st Round pick and a huge fine and Belichick...er what his name is, should also see punishment just like other executives who had NO KNOWLEDGE of a violation were still punished because they were in charge.  This is an unprecedented violation of the "shields" integrity and anything less than the worst punishment handed down is a tacit endorsement of cheating going forward as the ends would have justified the means.  The fact that Brady keeps LYING about it all should tarnish his entire career.  And many NFL experts/players/execs are agreeing with that.  

Meh. I'm not going to get into the whole dishonesty thing because players lie all the time. When did Brady mention not knowing Jamstreski or whoever anyway? If it was before the Super Bowl, then like somebody said, he might have been afraid he would be at risk of getting suspended for the big game. If players lie about concussions, their health, to play in regular season games, I'm sure every player would lie about something like deflating footballs to ensure they could play in the Super Bowl.

ok, does it make it right? Does it make it so they should not get punished for it?  

Hardy said "I didn't do it"  Does that mean he should not get punished also?

ok, does it make it right? Does it make it so they should not get punished for it?

Hardy said "I didn't do it" Does that mean he should not get punished also?

Did I say that? Did I say that? Did I say that? I've already said earlier in the thread that punishment should be handed out to those in the know or responsible. This whole attacking Brady's character is something I myself won't do. Have fun if you want.

IMO..they should do punishment for each individual thing he did wrong then add them up and do a 'bundle deal'

#1 Conspiracy to commit NFL infraction

#2 Interfering with an nfl investigation (by not providing his phone when he was asked to.)

#3 Lying to the wells investigators. 

#4 Conduct detrimental to the league. (press conference lies.)

Did I say that? Did I say that? Did I say that? I've already said earlier in the thread that punishment should be handed out to those in the know or responsible. This whole attacking Brady's character is something I myself won't do. Have fun if you want.

Like i said in a previous post.  I have had a high opinion of Brady for many years, thinking him an upstanding person.  This is actually embarasses me as well, because I have actually DEFENDED this guy to friends of mine who talk crap about the pats and him in particular.  I always said, "you are just upset because he always finds a way to beat us, If we just played better we would win."

Now i get to hear it from my friends how wrong i was...bad enough i feel like i have been shammed by a guy i defended.

I just think he should be punished for his lies, as well as his game actions.

Understandable but Im also of the opinion that each team should be able to play with there own ball at the level they want provided that it inflated to the point it can do what it is supposed to do, That's why I don't this as a big deal, Different QB's have different sized hands, Now I believe those involved should be punished because it is against the rule, Im not sticking up for any involved believe me.

..But if this was some team like the Bucs or some other team then this don't go on 18 pages and counting

Of course it wouldn't, just a few then die off. 

And if Kevin Conway's NASCAR race team cheated on cams and intake spacers in his engine and gained 30 horsepower, but was still down another 25 Hp due to poor tuning etc..., would he get penalized if someone complained anyway and he got tore down?  Heck yes.  NASCAR would take his 33 place finish (or other poor placement he got) away and fine him.  But there would be no buzz about it shortly thereafter.  OTOH, If Jimmie Johnson's team gets caught in a teardown after a win having exceeded an cam lift (just for grins) specification by just thousandths of an inch that may have gained only 10 Hp maximum in his 850 Hp engine, there would be loss of points, fines, and the buzz would last and last and speculation about other races he had won... etc..

It's the way of life.

I'm a big boy if I get pulled over speeding  & the cop asks me how fast I was going I don't lie, I tell him yeah officer I was going 55 in a 40 or whatever...

I also know & full well expect to pay the ticket & the court costs...

I also know that if I do it repeatedly I will acquire points on my license and could eventually lose my license...

I definitely don't tell the cop he should let me off because there no other cars around...

getting caught in a lie about a silly rule you felt obligated to break is the sad, silly, ridiculous, funny, & overall depressing thing... 

BWAHAHAHAHA....