Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR depth

SouthernCal

There is literally no sense in carrying only 4 WRs. I say we should sign Stevie Johnson or maybe Mike Williams

I agree we have to have 5....but considering the depth in the draft I would expect a mid rd pick at wr....someone that could possilby return balls too. I mean we have no clue what Carter can do for us....could end up a knucklehead too....gotta carry 5.

1. Ty

2. Andre

3. Moncrief

4. Carter

5. Nicks

Is this the 2015 WR depth chart for the colts?

I don't see us re-signing Nicks unless he's coming back with a big pay cut.    But I don't see that happening.    He'd be no better than our 4th WR and maybe even our 5th.       He'll go somewhere where he can be some team's 3rd WR and get more catches.

The 5th spot will be whoever we take in the draft.     I think we'll take a WR around R5.    This is a very good and deep WR draft class.    We should get a very good WR in the mid-rounds.

Griff or mid-round draft pick. 

I'd rather see them keep Whalen and not spend a draft pick on another WR.  He's at least as productive as anything you could pick up in the late 5th - 7th rounds, and there are some pressing needs on Defense that have to be addressed.  Moncrief was starting to make his presence felt as last season went along, and while Carter is still pretty green, he could turn out to be a contributor.  It doesn't do any good to score 35 points per game if you're giving up 40, so I'm guessing the Colts go all in on defense in the early rounds, and they could still possibly pick up some defensive beef on the hoof in FA.

This.

T.Y. = Star

AJ = Legend

Donte = Riser

Carter= Wild Card 

Whalen = Special Teamer

There's no need to draft a reciever this year unless it a very late (6th rd) pick to challenge Griff. Our WR Corp hasnt been this promising in some time. Im pumped!

I don't think this years WR core is much better than we thought it was last year. TY is still TY, we all thought Wayne would play well last year, we thought Nicks would be better than he was. AJ is an upgrade over Wayne, Moncreif and Nicks are comparable, but Moncreif has more upside. Who knows what Carter will do. 

I do agree 100% with your 5 WR and the role they play. I do wonder though if Carter might return punts?

I don't think this years WR core is much better than we thought it was last year. TY is still TY, we all thought Wayne would play well last year, we thought Nicks would be better than he was. AJ is an upgrade over Wayne, Moncreif and Nicks are comparable, but Moncreif has more upside. Who knows what Carter will do.

I do agree 100% with your 5 WR and the role they play. I do wonder though if Carter might return punts?

I would disagree that Nicks and Moncrief are comparable. Moncrief is a downfield threat while Nicks is strictly a possession guy.

Carter is as good as a draft pick and can be brought along very slowly due to our luxury at TE but if he shows ability to gain seperation from DB's we could have our own version of Martavis Bryant.

Unless AJ has fallen off a cliff and Moncrief regresses, both unlikely, we've got some real fire power to work with.