Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts signing Kendall Langford

corgi

Agh come on. Looks like no fairley or knighton. Is he even good?

He is a quality rotational player he had 5 sacks in 2013 his production dipped a bit last season because of Donald the first round pick to 28 tackles and 1 sack but I think a solid starter as long as we didn't overpay him terribly.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't get one of Knighton, Williams, or Fairley, free agency (defensively) will be a failure. We missed Ngata for whatever reason so we need one of these 3. Knighton and Tashaun Gibson would be perfect.

We missed Ngata because we expected him to be released and instead he got traded.

I had no interest in him at his current price and at the cost of two draft picks.    Sorry,  too expensive at that point.

reading everyone's responses I am assuming this is supposed to be a RJF type guy? especially now that redding is looking into arizona?

He's basically RJF. Meh signing if it's for backup money. He at least has starting experience and has stayed healthy. 

WE "screwed around" and didn't get Ngata?

As if we had a choice in the matter?

Are there any other players who are not free agents that WE "screwed around" and didn't get?

I guess WE "screwed around" and let Max Unger go to the Saints today as well.

Sheesh...

Ngata would have made our D-Line unbelievable. He would have almost fixed our Run Defense by himself. We had the cap room, and I think we should have done whatever it took to trade for him. You'll see what I mean if Langford is starting next season.

Fairley would be a disaster. Its a shame so many on this forum have been left to blather about him unchallenged for so many days.

As far as Knighton..with Chapman, Jones, and Hughes, the Colts don't need another fatty.

Please, people are entitled to their opinions. Some people have voiced their opinion for both arguments so save the silly posts.

He is a quality rotational player he had 5 sacks in 2013 his production dipped a bit last season because of Donald the first round pick to 28 tackles and 1 sack but I think a solid starter as long as we didn't overpay him terribly.

He was also used as a DT. He is best as a 3-4 end, and has been considered a good Lane stuffer.

In other words, an upgrade to Redding i run D. At 6-6 he gets his arms up in the passing lanes.

Solid.

Langford is better in a 3-4 defense. He'll be productive for us. Don't get the hate.

+100.

This guy played like a grown man in the 3-4.  He's great as depth along the defensive line and could be a great option across from Jones. 

Fairley would be a disaster.  Its a shame so many on this forum have been left to blather about him unchallenged for so many days. 

As far as Knighton..with Chapman, Jones, and Hughes, the Colts don't need another fatty. 

Thanks Doug. There is such a thing as player developement. Don`t forget Kerr. Most bigs take at least 2-3 years.

Don't get me wrong. IF this is a depth signing, and if the intentions are for him to be a rotational DL, then Its a great one. Langford's a solid D-Lineman. Its just, he isn't the answer to our D-Line problems. We need a monster or 2 up front.

Ngata would have made our D-Line unbelievable. He would have almost fixed our Run Defense by himself. We had the cap room, and I think we should have done whatever it took to trade for him. You'll see what I mean if Langford is starting next season.

Langford has nothing to do with this.

you assume the Colts were in a trade war with Detroit.

IF we were we would have had to give more than a 4th and a 5th.

Not worth it.

You can refute it but, that would make you wrong. So don't do that.

Can everyone stop freaking out until we see the contract details? If he signed for 4 years 28M$ with 12M$ Guaranteed, then yes, I will join you all in the freaking out. If he signed for 2 years, 6M$ with 1M$ Guaranteed, then he's a rotational player, and everyone shut up :)