Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts signing Kendall Langford

corgi

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already screwed around and didn't get Ngata. We need to bring in Dan Williams, Knighton, or Fairley.

I don't know if the Colts have enough cap left to sign someone like Knighton or Fairley, and even if they did, I think they'd get AS MUCH production out of Wilfork, even though he's not a long-term answer. I say sign Wilfork to a 3-year deal, and rely on the draft to find the long-term answer.

I don't know if the Colts have enough cap left to sign someone like Knighton or Fairley, and even if they did, I think they'd get AS MUCH production out of Wilfork, even though he's not a long-term answer. I say sign Wilfork to a 3-year deal, and rely on the draft to find the long-term answer.

I wouldn't mind that either. I just was hoping we'd get a young guy or 2 on defense, who'd be around for a while. But yeah, Wilfork would give us a better line next year so I'd like it.

I wouldn't mind that either. I just was hoping we'd get a young guy or 2 on defense, who'd be around for a while. But yeah, Wilfork would give us a better line next year so I'd like it.

I think Wilfork could have as much of an impact, if not more, than Suh would have--not that Suh was ever going to be a Colt--simply because he fits the Colts 3-4 scheme.

Yes it is. Paea's last season was better than any season Langford has ever had. 

But I didn't want Paea either, so don't get it confused. 

Paea's not a good player at all, he's mostly known for the 49 reps at the combine above all else.

I just finished reading this entire thread up to this post. Schematic football. Systematic football with "correct positioning" to

compliment all players. Again, there's a new era of football in the NFL. New England and Seattle have had it for some time

now. What did "that" get them? ;) Indianapolis has learned the new format of the success manual in the NFL. Better get used

to it ... because it's not going anywhere ... and it don't take prisoners. Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano finally got it. Watch out AFC.

I just finished reading this entire thread up to this post. Schematic football. Systematic football with "correct positioning" to

compliment all players. Again, there's a new era of football in the NFL. New England and Seattle have had it for some time

now. What did "that" get them? ;) Indianapolis has learned the new format of the success manual in the NFL. Better get used

to it ... because it's not going anywhere ... and it don't take prisoners. Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano finally got it. Watch out AFC.

I just have one respond question. Is the Colts the only team that the Patriots have beaten over the last three seasons? I think the Patriot losses are because their in the heads of the Colts not so much in the talent level. It seems like that is also true about some Colt fans too. The tide will be turning. Even Little Red Riding Hood wasn't scared of the Big Bad Wolf.

I think the Patriots have beaten us worse than any other team has beaten any other team in the league the past three years.   Can anyone think of 2 teams who have played 3 consecutive times with such huge dominating wins by one team?  

I can't think of anything even close and we have some rotten teams out there.  Additionally, remember that Indy has been 11-5 each year and aren't bottom dwellers which makes the devastating losses that much more inexplicable.  Everyone on the planet knew the Patriots were going to run it down our throats that last game and still they had their way with our D-Line and D-Coordinator and Andrew struggled the most of all 3 games.  It was miserable. That would be my response to your question.  Sorry I am not as succinct as you and others are.   

I think the Patriots have beaten us worse than any other team has beaten any other team in the league the past three years.   Can anyone think of 2 teams who have played 3 consecutive times with such huge dominating wins by one team?  

I can't think of anything even close and we have some rotten teams out there.  Additionally, remember that Indy has been 11-5 each year and aren't bottom dwellers which makes the devastating losses that much more inexplicable.  Everyone on the planet knew the Patriots were going to run it down our throats that last game and still they had their way with our D-Line and D-Coordinator and Andrew struggled the most of all 3 games.  It was miserable. That would be my response to your question.  Sorry I am not as succinct as you and others are.   

Succinct? The only thing I can say about that is sometimes it's best to get strait to the point without making a comment that takes a bathroom break in between to finish.

all the Seattle dlineman and most of the patriots lineman are studs... not even close to what we have had/are doing.

you forgot to add that each of the last three seasons the colts have been moving deeper into the playoffs also. 

Lucks 1st year - Wild Card Loss

2nd years - divisional loss

3rd year - AFC championship game loss. 

I think he'll be an upgrade over both Redding and RJF. If not then we should maybe consider tar and feathering him as crucifixion seems a little severe to me. But let me know if I'm being a softee.

I think we should drag him through the town square on the back of a horse. Now. 

So we drag this dude and how about lynching TR ? 

I was just looking at some Twitter, and the general consensus is that EVERYONE in the NFL expected him to be great. Not good, great. The next Adrian Peterson, great. 

It's really a shocking outcome. 

I was just looking at some Twitter, and the general consensus is that EVERYONE in the NFL expected him to be great. Not good, great. The next Adrian Peterson, great. 

It's really a shocking outcome. 

It really is. Consensus was a combination of speed power and good vision. Polian had him right behind Luck and RG3. There have been other RB busts in NFL drafts before but at this time I can't remember a guy that went 1.3 pooping the bed so badly. Ki jana Carter ? had injuries but really disappointed. Highsmith ? Dunno... But as you say ... everybody was wrong . Must be that he just wasn't good when he entered the NFL ? I mean Cleveland is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and they unloaded to us. Go figure...

all the Seattle dlineman and most of the patriots lineman are studs... not even close to what we have had/are doing.

This is exactly the problem of the old mentality. It's not just about the O-linemen and D-linemen ... it's about the "entire" team system and it's implementation thereof of schematics. The O-line of the Colts and the D-line of the Colts are not yet a finished product. It will be by the start of the 2015 season. Bank on it!