Tyvon Branch visiting the Colts today.

Dustin

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's prolly a colt

Yeah, that's generally how it goes when someone visits. And he's a non-compensatory signing, which Grigson loves. If healthy, he's pretty good, but that hasn't been the case lately. Kind of a playmaker, not great in coverage but he's had his moments. If he's cheap, he's a good add, but I hope we still draft a safety. 

Yeah, that's generally how it goes when someone visits. And he's a non-compensatory signing, which Grigson loves. If healthy, he's pretty good, but that hasn't been the case lately. Kind of a playmaker, not great in coverage but he's had his moments. If he's cheap, he's a good add, but I hope we still draft a safety.

everyone is screaming for McCourty I don't see spending 10 mil on him when we could get both Searcy and Moore for 5-6 mil each both are young at 25 I believe and would solidify our secondary for years

I don't see much of a problem with him....he seemed to have no health issues up until the last couple years. But those were freak bone breaks and not soft tissue ligament injuries. So he should be healthy now.

Could be a good starter and depth were someone in camp really shine.

We would still need to pursue another quality safety..preferebly Moore, and resign Adams but this would b a great pickup. Low risk hgh reward type of pickup, he shouldnt get a ton of guarenteed money, more likely a short yr or 2 incentive type contract. I would be all for it if Grigson structures the contract right.

Don't know much about him, other than he's injury prone. Maybe if he comes in on a cheap "prove it" deal. I hope he's not another Landry on the field.

Of course if you bothered to look at his career you would see he isn`t injury prone. He has impressive tackle numbers. 30 in 3 games last season. lol

And excellent numbers his 1st 4 seasons. 57 consecutive starts.

You guys remember me predicting we'd sign him right? LOL. Give me Ngata, Hali, Branch, Iupati, and Johnson and I'll be a happy Colts fan. Branch should be had on probably a 1 year 1-2 million dollar deal if even that.

well it looks like Ngata might be realeased and is already linked to Indy....so I'm seeing possibly Ngata, Branch, and Johnson right now as it is.

You guys remember me predicting we'd sign him right? LOL. Give me Ngata, Hali, Branch, Iupati, and Johnson and I'll be a happy Colts fan. Branch should be had on probably a 1 year 1-2 million dollar deal if even that.

Don't worry. You'll get all the credit.   :)

Branch is not going to play for a salary of 1 -2 mill. If "even that" means < than 1 mill , that's really very far off.

Of course if you bothered to look at his career you would see he isn`t injury prone. He has impressive tackle numbers. 30 in 3 games last season. lol

And excellent numbers his 1st 4 seasons. 57 consecutive starts.

He's played 5 games the last two years..

Hopefully he can shy away from the injury bug.

He has 468 tackles in his 7 year career so that's 68 per season McCourty has an average of 77 

One thing to consider is that Oakland's defense was on the field way to much the last few years but he is not afraid to lower his helmet to make a stop. 

He is a solid tackler and still has good speed so if we get him on a 3 year deal for about 12 million that seems reasonable but any more is too much

I don't see how you guys think he's getting more than a little 1year deal. I mean yeah, he's a really good safety when he's healthy, but he's only played 5 games in 2 years. I'm telling you, I don't see him getting any more than 1year/3million. Anybody remember what Grimes signed for two years ago, on his 1year deal with Miami?

This won't cost a lot of $. Could still sign either of those guys.

but if we get branch and resign Adams plus Searcy and Moore that's way too much money on safties I don't see Grigs doing it I'd much rather look at Moore and Searcy then Branch and Adams tho

eh i still think we need to offer 8 or 9 million a year to McCourty. or go after Moore. someone who is younger. we were suppose to be " rebuilding" you can't rebuild with injury prone players. and if its leadership they are looking for then maybe give a 1 or 2 year deal to Troy P. from the Steelers. 

I mean I'm pretty sure it was a broken foot last year. I don't know why people think someone is more prone to a broken bone than others. It happens. Unless you have osteoperosis everyone's bones are the same. Victim of circumstance.

That's how it goes for some players. It could be mechanics, technique, genetics, bad luck, or some combination thereof. Bob Sanders, Donald Thomas, Vick Ballard, Delano Howard--the list goes on, and that's just Colts players.

As for Branch, the Colts, according to a different source, are sincerely interested despite his concerning number of games missed to injury in the past two seasons. He's played just five total games in 2013 and 2014, suffering from leg and ankle injuries.

But when he has played, Branch has made his presence felt. He has three seasons with 100-plus tackles and is legitimate factor against the run. He's also young. Branch is just 28, and experienced, with seven seasons to his credit before his release on Tuesday because of a $5.5 million 2015 salary.

The bottom line with Branch and the Colts is this: If they can land him for a discounted price – and that's possible given his injury history – they are willing to pull the trigger.

re: Tyvon Branch, i get the sense the Colts are drawn by many of same traits they saw in Landry. But he'll likely cost less.

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) March 4, 2015

That doesn't mean he'll be assured a starting job. And it doesn't mean the Colts will hesitate to make other meaningful moves at safety. The Colts need to acquire multiple safeties this offseason because they have just one who played last season under contract for 2015: undrafted rookie Dewey McDonald.

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2015/03/04/indianapolis-colts-free-agency-oakland-raiders-tyvon-branch/24377719/