Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyvon Branch visiting the Colts today.

Dustin

So our FS will be 33 and our SS will be 28 nice lol we can just bat passes down with our walkers and canes

I did have a good chuckle over that walker & cane line CF12. I move pretty fast on my crutches when I want to, but I can't catch anything while moving either.

My swat technique would give JJ Watt a run for his money though.  haha

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but if we get branch and resign Adams plus Searcy and Moore that's way too much money on safties I don't see Grigs doing it I'd much rather look at Moore and Searcy then Branch and Adams tho

Mike Adams had a better season than either of them and will cost the Colts significantly less and the Colts already know he can produce in Indy and big FA signees fail as much as they succeed (as we've seen first hand). But other than that, great plan. It's definitely the move I'd make in Madden.

So our FS will be 33 and our SS will be 28 nice lol we can just bat passes down with our walkers and canes

As someone who is between 40-50, I take great offense to your implication that 33, much less 28, is old.  And next time I see you, I will run you over with my motorized scooter. :D

Why are some people worried about him being 28? 28 isn't old for a football player at all. In fact a player at 28 should still be in the middle of his prime. Excluding RB's of course. When Branch is healthy, he's a stud SS. He can cover TE's too, and that's something we're missing. From what I remember, the area in coverage he does struggle in though, is if he's matched up against a slot receiver.

I'm sure we can cut a team friendly deal.  If he gets hurt during the preseason just cut him.

Good upside if he can make it through.

You technically can't do that. If a player can't pass a physical, you can't just cut him. We'd likely be stuck paying whatever salary we gave him, if that were to happen. You can make it incentive laden, of course. Vet minimum salary with incentives for games played and personal and team achievements. If he gets hurt, you don't have to pay the incentives, but you do have to pay the salary.

From a practical standpoint, I'm sure he'll expect a signing bonus. There's no way to do this without assuming some risk. That's just the way it is.

You technically can't do that. If a player can't pass a physical, you can't just cut him. We'd likely be stuck paying whatever salary we gave him, if that were to happen. You can make it incentive laden, of course. Vet minimum salary with incentives for games played and personal and team achievements. If he gets hurt, you don't have to pay the incentives, but you do have to pay the salary.

From a practical standpoint, I'm sure he'll expect a signing bonus. There's no way to do this without assuming some risk. That's just the way it is.

Team friendly is all I'm saying.  I'm sure you are correct about the rest

Ugh

We're signing/thinking of signing a guy coming off injuries to a team known for injuries. That hasn't worked out for us yet. And then he's basically same build as Landry

I just don't like it, but I could be wrong and would be happy to be wrong but right now don't like it

We're signing/thinking of signing a guy coming off injuries to a team known for injuries. That hasn't worked out for us yet. And then he's basically same build as Landry

I just don't like it, but I could be wrong and would be happy to be wrong but right now don't like it

Same build as Landry = same player as Landry.

Yeah, base salary plus incentives is a good plan. I just think there's a market for him and he can get a signing bonus, if he wants.

Definitely.  Good player when healthy, excellent size and speed.  Just the work he put in on Gronk alone is going to prompt someone to give him a look.  I agree there should be a market.

1 You McCourty guys just stop he won't be a Colt , he will be a Patriot.

2 Branch is a good player yes injured, but they are broken bone injuries wrong place wrong time!

3 Branch if wanted will cost more than the vet minimum!

4 I would sign him to a 2 year deal 3rd year option at a fair price with incentives an an out for the Colts if it doesn't work out!

5 sign Mike Adams, resign Brown, draft a guy, and McDonald Set at safety!

As someone who is between 40-50, I take great offense to your implication that 33, much less 28, is old.  And next time I see you, I will run you over with my motorized scooter. :D

I'm with you. I know I get faster and stronger every year. And better looking too.

Of course, my memory isn't so good.

Do we have to re-live the Bob Sanders injury fiasco a second time?

Tyvon is a hell of a player, but can't stay healthy. Pass

Injuries prone players are a risk, but everyone here is acting like they didn't like Bob Sanders. He was arguably the best safety in the league. If Branch is Sanders 2.0 sign him to a shorter team freindly contract. After all, when Bob did come back he lit up the playoffs and we got ourselves a ring.

I'm with you. I know I get faster and stronger every year. And better looking too.

Of course, my memory isn't so good.

That's what I tell my wife too.  The hair on top of my head used to cover my good looks, now they are on full display.  And the extra weight just means that my good looks and strength could not be contained in the thinner body I used to have.

Mike Adams had a better season than either of them and will cost the Colts significantly less and the Colts already know he can produce in Indy and big FA signees fail as much as they succeed (as we've seen first hand). But other than that, great plan. It's definitely the move I'd make in Madden.

well Adams is 33 we can't just keep filling holes with stop gap players all the time need to build a young D that can grow together

it's the fact that there are good Safties on the market at 25 and 26. Would hope to stop the damn revolving door at S

Well, I didn't say sign him...I've never actually seen him play. I just thought it was funny saying like 28 is old.

Well, I didn't say sign him...I've never actually seen him play. I just thought it was funny saying like 28 is old.

I know you didn't lol I know what you meant I was just thinkin 28 with his injury history and hard hitting style would make you feel and show age a little more I'd think

He's low risk, high reward. I doubt even if we sign him he is the end of the moves we make at safety. He very well could be and Adams-esque type player. I doubt he would command a huge sum of money. Bring him in so that if McCourty's price is too high, we are left empty handed.

well Adams is 33 we can't just keep filling holes with stop gap players all the time need to build a young D that can grow together

Adams has already filled one hole well and you're trying to re-dig the hole and then re-fill it with an overpriced "luxury" soil that might not mix well (I tried).

This team can use some continuity, especially from the positions that had high level of play. If you want young guys to grow with the team, you draft them and let them grow behind players like Adams. You don't overpay question marks in FA and kick known talent like Adams to the curb.

I know you didn't lol I know what you meant I was just thinkin 28 with his injury history and hard hitting style would make you feel and show age a little more I'd think

If you want to look at his injuries with a positive spin, he's pretty much rested up the last two years.

Adams has already filled one hole well and you're trying to re-dig the hole and then re-fill it with an overpriced "luxury" soil that might not mix well (I tried).

This team can use some continuity, especially from the positions that had high level of play. If you want young guys to grow with the team, you draft them and let them grow behind players like Adams. You don't overpay question marks in FA and kick known talent like Adams to the curb.

rahim Moore has been successful in this league?