Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

USA TODAY has Colts winning SB next year

danlhart87

The only way I honestly see us in the SB, considering we are healthy, is if NE is not in our path.

Unless we luck out and get some ridiculously easy path to the Super Bowl, we need to hit the lottery on about 4 free agent moves and 3 draft picks who become immediate contributors to even get close.

These articles are a dime a dozen.  A similar article predicted the Colts would win it this year. 

Colts have lots of work to do this offseason.  The gap that exists between Colts and Pats is pretty significant right now.  We need to both get better and hope for some misfortune to befall New England next year to reach the Super Bowl.

I think Peter King picked the Colts for this Super Bowl, and I think a writer for USA Today picked Indy as well.

I'm not sure the paper as a whole picked us,  but just one of their many writers.....   But I could easily be wrong.

I view this pick as another media outlet trying to be different....   not wanting to trot out the usual suspects of names.

If you saw how badly we lost to NE and now how many more quality players that we need,  how could you pick the Colts?

If we have to play New England then we won't get there.  What we need to have happen is what happened in 2006 and 2009 when weaker teams took care of our kryptonite by knocking San Diego out of the playoffs.  Both years if we have to go to San Diego in 2006 or host them in 2009 we lose and don't even get to a Super Bowl in the Manning era.  We need Baltimore to go into Foxboro and win so we can play the Ravens or someone else.  Until Brady retires, we won't get through New England.  We're going to have a tough enough time beating our Houston for the division.  As a previous poster said, we were extremely fortunate to play Denver who was a shell of themselves by the time we played them.

I think Peter King picked the Colts for this Super Bowl, and I think a writer for USA Today picked Indy as well.

I'm not sure the paper as a whole picked us, but just one of their many writers..... But I could easily be wrong.

I view this pick as another media outlet trying to be different.... not wanting to trot out the usual suspects of names.

If you saw how badly we lost to NE and now how many more quality players that we need, how could you pick the Colts?

Yeah, I thought he picked Colts & Packers w the Pack winning. He got pretty close in the end but the Patriots just went ultra domination on everyone after looking like they were in for a rough year after a 2:2 start.

Not sure that you need to hit the panic button that we can't get past New England.  Indy lost to the eventual Super Bowl champs in Foxboro, not a big surprise...again not a bad season for us by any stretch of the imagination as we had injuries from the very start of the season to deal with...Mathis lead the league in sacks a season ago---that'll be an instant improvement to our pass rush.

I just want a run game...makes life so much easier if you are not a one dimensional team.  

Although if current trends hold true to how our team has progressed these last three seasons (lose in wildcard to Ravens in wild card, lose to Patriots in division, lose to Patriots in AFC Championship) we make it to the Super Bowl next year...depends on the opponent for how we would play in that game.

Frankly its ridiculous for all the pundits or fans to make any 'predictions' as they have absolutely no value---looking forward to another season...now what sport to think about in NFL offseason...

I have been a critic of Pagano, but I'm starting to re-think my position. It would be fool-hardy to argue that the Colts have under-achieved under Pags. Maybe, Pagano has gotten the most of our talent thus far.

Uh, no...Pagano is just an extra cheerleader hanging around on the sidelines watching the game and not knowing what to do to change anything.

I am glad I am not the one in charge of changing the pampers to a lot of cry babies in here. Maybe a new * for your bottles? Way too many are not happy unless they are whining and crying about everything Colts. Might as well fire every coach, trainer and the ball boys too. While we are at lets just cut every Colt on the roster and then we can get some winners in here. With fans like some of you the Colts might as well move on to LA. LA might support the Colts as much as the support they get in this forum. It's never about what we do have it's always about what we don't have. It's sad.

Uh, no...Pagano is just an extra cheerleader hanging around on the sidelines watching the game and not knowing what to do to change anything.

You could very well be right, but the players resound well to him. How far do you think this team could have gone with a superior coach? I truly believe the AFCCG was the ceiling for this group.

I know the AFC championship isn't the Freaking Catalina Wine Mixer, but we did make it.  Mathis, a good draft, another linemen or 2, another running back and we're automatically better next year.  If we start getting good pressure on other team's QBs, we won't get blown out like we did against great teams.   

I have been a critic of Pagano, but I'm starting to re-think my position. It would be fool-hardy to argue that the Colts have under-achieved under Pags. Maybe, Pagano has gotten the most of our talent thus far.

That last sentence. He's definitely maxed out imo. We were lucky to get as far as we did. Peyton couldn't complete passes. Total fluke.

Man, everybody is picking the Colts, no love for the Ravens ? Seriously, the Colts have to get a much improved O and D line to get there. The Ravens absolutely have to upgrade that secondary in a pass happy league, or they won't make it. The secondary was the same Achilles heel the Patriots had until they got Browner and Revis. Strong O and D line, great secondary equals Super Bowl. That's why the Pats are champs, and our teams fell flat. Sorry about that !

We can win a championship with Pagano. Hell, he got us to the AFC championship game in his third year as a head coach period.  However, he needs to figure out why the Colts are so inconsistent and how to stop the Patriot running game. 

OT: We can definitely win the SB next season. Maybe the outcome will be different next year if the Colts decide to play rather than taking Championship Sunday off.

Man, everybody is picking the Colts, no love for the Ravens ? Seriously, the Colts have to get a much improved O and D line to get there. The Ravens absolutely have to upgrade that secondary in a pass happy league, or they won't make it. The secondary was the same Achilles heel the Patriots had until they got Browner and Revis. Strong O and D line, great secondary equals Super Bowl. That's why the Pats are champs, and our teams fell flat. Sorry about that !

If I had to rank the AFC right now in terms of contenders for next year, I would have Pats at 1 and Ravens at 2. You are right. If you improve the secondary, you will be scary good.

How do you feel about the North? It would seem it would be very tough again next year with Pitt and Cincy. I just heard on the radio that Bell may get suspended two games for the weed violation.

I am glad I am not the one in charge of changing the pampers to a lot of cry babies in here. Maybe a new * for your bottles? Way too many are not happy unless they are whining and crying about everything Colts. Might as well fire every coach, trainer and the ball boys too. While we are at lets just cut every Colt on the roster and then we can get some winners in here. With fans like some of you the Colts might as well move on to LA. LA might support the Colts as much as the support they get in this forum. It's never about what we do have it's always about what we don't have. It's sad.

You mad bro? Sounds like you about to go postal on everybody lol

Super Bowl predictions for next year are kind of dumb at this point in the offseason. Atleast wait til after the draft and free agent signings are over to get some sort of feel what the teams have done to improve or take steps backwards. Even then its just an educated guess, but now?