Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson didn't travel with the team to New England (Merge)

Superman

Bye. Good riddance.

Breaking: Trent Richardson missed this mornings walk through and didn't notify the team. Reason he didn't travel

— Bob Kravitz (@bkravitz)

January 18, 2015

What.

You take this hit, you lose the weight and you prove everyone wrong next year. 

I guess thats what happens when you've been a star all your life and everyone has always told you how great you are. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's shoot for another 40 page thread. Never in the history of Al Gore's Internet has such a total no talent pro football player received so much attention. Hopefully the TRich Story will be made into a Lifetime movie -- and TRich should be available to play himself.

Let's shoot for another 40 page thread. Never in the history of Al Gore's Internet has such a total no talent pro football player received so much attention. Hopefully the TRich Story will be made into a Lifetime movie -- and TRich should be available to play himself.

JaMassive Russell?

its not like it gets any worse than trent. it was just a terrible judgement call and says a lot about him as a coach. 

You realize that Pagano,  that guy you hate,  the guy who has guided the team to the AFC Championship this year, and to the playoffs all three years,   that guy has not one,  but two bosses.     Grigson and Irsay.

And if they didn't approve of what Pags was doing they're free to tell Pags what to do.   But apparently,  they didn't.   Unless they told Pags to play the guy over his objections.

But I don't see you blaming anyone but Pagano.

There simply weren't a whole lot of better options until Pags hand was forced.....

Get a grip.   Take a deep breath.     It's been a great year despite numerous problems.    Maybe the season continues tomorrow, and maybe it ends.     Either way,  it's been a great ride.     You might want to try enjoying it before it's too late....

We should have all seen this coming, but a lot of people were fooled. The writing was on the wall though

1. He came out of the same system as Ingram who has been a bust as well

2. Huge holes at Alabama+got a billion carries

3. Jim Brown said there was nothing special about him

4. Had a low YPC with the Browns

5. Got 25-30 touches a game his rookie year

6. Browns have a pretty good O-line

He was probably never that good to begin with. People need to stop with all this "He's not a fit here" and "He catches and blocks really well". Trent just isn't that good, just like Jamarcus Russell wasn't good. He is a "bust" in every sense of the word.

I don't see how he'll be back on the roster next season.

Here are Trent's stats for his year with Cleveland.

15 games,  267 carries,  51 receptions.    That's 318 touches.     Basically,  21 a game.

I doubt he had many games of 25-30 touches.

Also, he didn't get a "billion" carries in Alabama.   The Tide does a timeshare at RB,  splitting carries/touches among two and sometimes three RB's.

The Browns may have a pretty good o-line,  but they don't have a QB.   And when the other team knows you're the primary weapon,  it's less difficult to defend you.

And remember,  Jim Brown works for Cleveland.   He's not likely to say something good about a player going out the door...

Unfortunately,   Trent has gotten even worse in his time at Indy than he was at Cleveland.    If we had gotten the Trent from Cleveland,  he might still be playing and getting decent touches.    But he's not even that good (bad).    This has been very disappointing.

att   yds  avg          TD  rec  yds  avg

2012 Cleveland Browns  15  15  267  950  3.6  32T  11    51  367  7.2  27  1  3  0

Oh gee....you mean we get to hear the same people say, "I told you so"?

This drama played out exactly how it would have......regardless of fans complaining about it. Sure thankful we had to hear while it was playing out.....aaaaand now that it is coming to a close.

Awesome.

It would be extra sweet if the Colts went on to win the Superbowl and Trent wasn't allowed to travel with the team because he refused to do so this week.

In fact if I was Irsay and the team wins today I would cut Trent before the Superbowl and deny him a ring he didn't earn if in fact his missing the trip to New England was a temper tantrum.

How many practices have you attended?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

I didnt need to go to practice to realize it doesnt get any worse than trent

You realize that Pagano,  that guy you hate,  the guy who has guided the team to the AFC Championship this year, and to the playoffs all three years,   that guy has not one,  but two bosses.     Grigson and Irsay.

And if they didn't approve of what Pags was doing they're free to tell Pags what to do.   But apparently,  they didn't.   Unless they told Pags to play the guy over his objections.

But I don't see you blaming anyone but Pagano.

There simply weren't a whole lot of better options until Pags hand was forced.....

Get a grip.   Take a deep breath.     It's been a great year despite numerous problems.    Maybe the season continues tomorrow, and maybe it ends.     Either way,  it's been a great ride.     You might want to try enjoying it before it's too late....

no i have blamed grigson too actually. actually there were plenty of better options besides trent the whole time, did u not watch the denver game?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

I didnt need to go to practice to realize it doesnt get any worse than trent

no i have blamed grigson too actually. actually there were plenty of better options besides trent the whole time, did u not watch the denver game?

Regardless your views on Richardson and how he was handled, the notion that Pagano needs to be fired over it or for anything he has done in his 3 years with the team is pure comedy.  There is no way to say it other than it is a ridiculous narrative only held by those who really don't have a clue about the game.  Or those who are trolling.  

A contract extension is a far more likely result for Pagano.

someone will sign him good luck to him hope he turns it around

If he quit on the team, word will spread and once paired with his awful play I don't see anyone even bringing him in for a workout.

He hasn't shown himself to be special in any way and new backs are entering the league each year. He has no value.

If he quit on the team, word will spread and once paired with his awful play I don't see anyone even bringing him in for a workout.

He hasn't shown himself to be special in any way and new backs are entering the league each year. He has no value.

He ran a 4.48 40 at his Pro Day, He Is built like a mini army tank, Some team with some questions at rb is going to bring in the 24 year old and believe they can refine some of his problems...and they would be right to try

i gurantee another team brings him dont need to explain look at post above 

Regardless your views on Richardson and how he was handled, the notion that Pagano needs to be fired over it or for anything he has done in his 3 years with the team is pure comedy. There is no way to say it other than it is a ridiculous narrative only held by those who really don't have a clue about the game. Or those who are trolling.

A contract extension is a far more likely result for Pagano.

Amen

Reading some of these posts, you'd think that Grigson's detractors were talking about the early 90s Vikings and a Hershel Walker trade that had far, far more +/- impact on the teams involved.

The Richardson story is a misfire on 1 draft pick and 1 of 53 Colts players....during a 3-year concurrent rebuild/playoff run....and with almost zero long-term negative effect.

The responses have been relentlessly irrational and now, downright childish in their duration.

And at the very top of the list is the idea that the Colts should fire Pagano...which is absolutely and utterly ridiculous.

After reading some of the news articles, Trent did say his being inactive was NEVER going to happen again.  I wonder if this was what he meant?  He can't be inactive if he doesn't show up, and is ultimately kicked off the team.   hmmmmmmmm,

This is an interesting turn of events after what they said about him here:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/01/15/trent-richardson-its-never-going-to-happen-again/21820391/