Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson didn't travel with the team to New England (Merge)

Superman

that would be a horrible trade. We might as well just cut richardson. We'd basically be trading a 6th for a 7th. One trade that could work out is trading T rich + 7th for a slightly higher 7th. 

Trent's contract is guaranteed.

All that $ would go to waste if we cut him. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd worst YPC ever

trent-richardson-stats2.jpg

Only better than guy who never had 100+ carries in a season. Yes, it's arguable he's the worst runner ever.

You are omitting stats to back your comment up. There are other things to consider than YPC. Did you look at the catches and what those averages were? Have you considered his blocking ability? I will give you the fact he is not a good runner but far from the worst in history.

He has zero value, and comes with a $3m price tag. There are a hundred UDFAs who can do what he's done in his career.

If we waive him, someone can claim him, and we shed that salary. But that won't happen. He'd clear waivers. And as het third pick, I'm sure his contract has no offset provision, so we're stuck with the full $3m even if he signs somewhere else.

Prior to this, I was thinking he'd be on the roster next year, because of all that. Early this season, he was somewhat decent as a timeshare back. But now, with him missing the trip for the biggest game of the year, I'm thinking he's outta here.

If he is on the roster, he needs to slim down, at least ten pounds.

The fact that he was solid in the timeshare with Bradshaw makes me think that his attitude got in the way of being part of the team.  I still can't get over that he was productive blocking and catching the ball but after they bye-week TR was never used in that capacity.

I thought the writing was on the wall about not being on the roster next year in the Wildcard Game when he didn't see the field.  The illness reason never resonated. He was in uniform and that means he's ready to go. Being inactive in Denver was final straw.  He can't play ST so I'm guessing TR was going to be inactive tomorrow and he said "f-it, I'm not going".  

I think you're right about the weight thing too.  But the bottom line is he has no vision and misses holes.  He's done.

You are omitting stats to back your comment up. There are other things to consider than YPC. Did you look at the catches and what those averages were? Have you considered his blocking ability? 

No, I didn't count those, considering I clearly wrote "runner" in my original post. 

I will give you the fact he is not a good runner but far from the worst in history.

It's arguable. From a YPC standpoint, he's only better than a career backup. 

No, I didn't count those, considering I clearly wrote "runner" in my original post. 

It's arguable. From a YPC standpoint, he's only better than a career backup. 

Catching passes is part of what runners do. If you feel he is the worst RB in history that's fine, you can believe what you want.

No reason yet. 

I would expect Pagano to tell us why after the game tomorrow. 

The only way I would expect Chuck to say why is if Trent had a death in the family or something along those lines.  If it is football performance related, which would be the logical reason, I doubt the coach says anything other than no comment.

At this point his money owed doesn't matter. He has zero value to us so giving him a roster spot next year just so you don't eat that money would be incredibly stupid.

As has been mentioned, biggest game of his Colts career and he didn't even travel with the team. He's done and you can basically count this as we screwed up and move on.

If the Colts would have played Richardson in any of the playoff games, the Colts would be sitting at home right now. He lowers the confidence of his line. If you don't have good line play, you don't get wins.

Pain and simple, this is one of the greatest playoff adjustments we've seen.

I'm not trying to be an *, but maybe they kept playing him this year because our coach couldn't hurt the kids feelings. He finally stepped up and benched em, and now we're playing in the AFC championship game.

To clear cap. Have more room to re-sign some of our UFA's.

I think the $3m is negligible. The dead money from offseason changes is almost $6m.

But if we get a compensatory 6th, I'd be okay swapping our regular 6th + Trent for someone's 7th. Could actually wind up just being 10-15 spots. And that's why it's probably not gonna happen. I can't imagine any team out there wanting a slow-footed RB for $3m.

I'm not trying to be an *, but maybe they kept playing him this year because our coach couldn't hurt the kids feelings.

They were trying to save face. Much better players (Shipley, Sergio) were benched yet this guy still got to keep touching the ball for some reason. 

Personal reasons? Yeah right. It's either made up or coach told him he wasn't playing and he said he'd rather not go

That's how I see it as well. You aren't playing, wanna sit and watch? I'm sure he knows his time is done and he won't be paying in the SB if we make it. May as well go home and call it a career (as a Colt that is).

Unless a really close family member died or is on their death bed, I can't think of a personal reason good enough for him not to be there.

I believe "personal reasons" to be code for he was informed he'd be inactive again and he threw a fit. Especially, after Trent was quoted saying something along the lines that he'd never be a healthy scratch again, he even told them to quote him on it.

He swore he wouldn't be inactive again and I said that to me it sounded like a thinly veiled threat.

I think that exactly what this is. Trent has been told he was special and one of the greatest since he first picked up a football. Big man on campus in high school and college, taken high in the draft, then reality came knocking and he couldn't play. I don't think he can accept the fact that its his play that kept him out of last weeks game. I think in his mind the coaches are against him.

It's all speculation on my part really, but I know guys like that. Its never their fault, someone is out to ruin them, they are the good guy. Now take that person and have people telling him he's the greatest for most of his life and I think you have Trent.

He doesn't take blame for his failures because he never failed before. Life was a cake walk. Now for the first time in his life he is failing miserably and there is no way it can be his fault, somebody is doing it to him.

Maybe if the Colts tell Trent he won't be starting next season he will get mad and just walk away.

trading Trent isn't a bad idea, what's bad is the value of the trade. If we're gonna trade him, move up in the 7th round or maybe get an extra 7th. Don't give up a 6th for 7th.

You're wrong, that trade would never happen because the other team is not only taking on a usless TR but they're taking on his 3mil cap. If we could offload Richard + our 6th for another teams 7th, the Colts would do it in a heartbeat. The problem being is no other team is dumb enough to agree to such a trade.