Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson didn't travel with the team to New England (Merge)

Superman

I would like to see Trich used like Boom...more check down passes, Hell Boom averaged what 2.7 yards in Denver ? Yet everyone claimes that he is awesome, I say we get a real running back in the draft..yes 1 or 2, or free agent. Say what you will, but RB is not plug and play as many say on here, and why would you be ok with that? I want the best player at every position !!!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Trich used like Boom...more check down passes, Hell Boom averaged what 2.7 yards in Denver ? Yet everyone claimes that he is awesome, I say we get a real running back in the draft..yes 1 or 2, or free agent. Say what you will, but RB is not plug and play as many say on here, and why would you be ok with that? I want the best player at every position !!!

Its been plug and play with everyone but Trent. If Boom gets 2.7 ypc then Trent would average 1.3 ypc.

Boom isn't the greatest, but he isn't sitting in Indy crying over being benched either.

Crazy how you can go from widely-regarded top 5 RB prospect ever to arguably the worst runner in NFL history. NFL shows no mercy.

No....you're right, it doesn't.

And neither do some posters here....many of whom, at the same time, gobble up those very same "widely-regarded" pre-draft reports like baby eaglets fighting for the last worm....so they can post 90%+ inaccurate, unrealistic and ill-advised mock drafts.

But back to Richardson....hasn't there been enough media slugs playing this TRich tune over and over already without Colts fans endlessly bringing it up over and over and over?

Trent's next move is most likely out the door....with perhaps one more NFL shot somewhere else.

So for :cuss: 's sake.....how 'bout we all move on?

No....you're right, it doesn't.

And neither do some posters here....many of whom, at the same time, gobble up those very same "widely-regarded" pre-draft reports like baby eaglets fighting for the last worm....so they can post 90%+ inaccurate, unrealistic and ill-advised mock drafts.

But back to Richardson....hasn't there been enough media slugs playing this TRich tune over and over already without Colts fans endlessly bringing it up over and over and over?

Trent's next move is most likely out the door....with perhaps one more NFL shot somewhere else.

So for :cuss:'s sake.....how 'bout we all move on?

You don't have to click on the mock drafts or Richardson threads. Nobody will judge you if you simply skip them.

I think the $3m is negligible. The dead money from offseason changes is almost $6m.

But if we get a compensatory 6th, I'd be okay swapping our regular 6th + Trent for someone's 7th. Could actually wind up just being 10-15 spots. And that's why it's probably not gonna happen. I can't imagine any team out there wanting a slow-footed RB for $3m.

If there were still 20 rounds in the draft , TR would not have any value . Very simple reasoning.. the most he's worth is something less than a good UDRFA. He's 3rd string behind Boom (cut by Cinn and Tipton) and you pay those kind of guys around 450-580 K. Why would you trade for TR and pay him 3,184,000 ? 

Bradshaw and Ballard.  Two good backs on injured reserve.  Colts have had some pretty bad luck with these two RB's.  Richardson just didn't live up to what Rigs thought he was getting.  Next year we will see what the brain trust does about our RB's.  Cut Bradshaw and Ballard because they cannot stay healthy?  Cut Richardson is a given.   

If there were still 20 rounds in the draft , TR would not have any value . Very simple reasoning.. the most he's worth is something less than a good UDRFA. He's 3rd string behind Boom (cut by Cinn and Tipton) and you pay those kind of guys around 450-580 K. Why would you trade for TR and pay him 3,184,000 ?

Because we ask them nicely. The Eagles owe us for the Parkey trade...

I have typed and "erased"  1/2 dozen responses already   :sigh:

It sounds like most of you aren't really bothered by the fact that he didn't make it, you just want him off the team anyway.  

If his "personal" reason is anything other than a death in the family, then you may get your wishes.   :dunno:

I kinds feel bad for him.

I never liked the trade but Is there something wrong we Trent we don't know about..?

I thought from the beginning when it was clear he had no vision in choosing a run path they should have made him a fullback....he's stout and can't seemed to avoid running into whomever makes penetration.....seems like a recipe for fullback to me. Seriously, something else must be wrong with him as he had the physical skills to be good.

Bradshaw and Ballard.  Two good backs on injured reserve.  Colts have had some pretty bad luck with these two RB's.  Richardson just didn't live up to what Rigs thought he was getting.  Next year we will see what the brain trust does about our RB's.  Cut Bradshaw and Ballard because they cannot stay healthy?  Cut Richardson is a given.   

Bradshaw is a free agent and Ballard has a base of 660K. So I only agree on the TR cut

I'd be interested in what the personal reasons were, Its very very doubtful that he did not travel with the team just because he sucks, I wonder if it has to do with the interview he gave just a few days ago or something morehttp://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/01/15/trent-richardson-its-never-going-to-happen-again/21820391/ .

He did kind of get the shaft this year in 3-4 games where he was running well if you look at it objectively, He was well on his way to a good running day but for various reasons we quit running him. I know he has been awful though the majority of the time here so this is not one of them defending Richardson post.......I think most here know where I stand on the matter.....But there was games where we just quit on him he was running well where he could have gained confidence......He clearly has none at this point

Just my thoughts

I couldn't imagine him not travelling with the team even if he was being inactive. Definitely seems odd. 

Yeah, I've never heard of that before either Dustin unless a back is still recovering from a severe concussion & they have not been cleared by the medical staff. The whole incident is just bizarre. 

The fact that he was solid in the timeshare with Bradshaw makes me think that his attitude got in the way of being part of the team.  I still can't get over that he was productive blocking and catching the ball but after they bye-week TR was never used in that capacity.

I thought the writing was on the wall about not being on the roster next year in the Wildcard Game when he didn't see the field.  The illness reason never resonated. He was in uniform and that means he's ready to go. Being inactive in Denver was final straw.  He can't play ST so I'm guessing TR was going to be inactive tomorrow and he said "f-it, I'm not going".  

I think you're right about the weight thing too.  But the bottom line is he has no vision and misses holes.  He's done.

Exactly SM, Trent's vision sucks & the only thing he excels at is taking 2 steps & falling down. I owe RB Donald Brown an apology. He played great for INDY his last year. TR is just pathetic on the field. 

Unless a really close family member died or is on their death bed, I can't think of a personal reason good enough for him not to be there.

I believe "personal reasons" to be code for he was informed he'd be inactive again and he threw a fit. Especially, after Trent was quoted saying something along the lines that he'd never be a healthy scratch again, he even told them to quote him on it.

Part of being a professional is traveling with the team still paying your salary Trent. Way to stay classy Mr. Richardson. Sigh. Good Riddance. CL is right though: A death in the family would be a legit reason to not be on the plane. Good call on that one. Grigs just learn from this & please do not waste any more 1st round draft picks on unresolved, veteran potential prospects. Thank you. 

He swore he wouldn't be inactive again and I said that to me it sounded like a thinly veiled threat.

I think that exactly what this is. Trent has been told he was special and one of the greatest since he first picked up a football. Big man on campus in high school and college, taken high in the draft, then reality came knocking and he couldn't play. I don't think he can accept the fact that its his play that kept him out of last weeks game. I think in his mind the coaches are against him.

It's all speculation on my part really, but I know guys like that. Its never their fault, someone is out to ruin them, they are the good guy. Now take that person and have people telling him he's the greatest for most of his life and I think you have Trent.

He doesn't take blame for his failures because he never failed before. Life was a cake walk. Now for the first time in his life he is failing miserably and there is no way it can be his fault, somebody is doing it to him.

Maybe if the Colts tell Trent he won't be starting next season he will get mad and just walk away.

You could be right about that Modern. Perhaps, Pagano & Grigson are the 1st NFL personnel who told Trent that he's not as good as he thought he was. I hope he has a college degree to fall back on because he's done in this league. 

He has zero value, and comes with a $3m price tag. There are a hundred UDFAs who can do what he's done in his career.

If we waive him, someone can claim him, and we shed that salary. But that won't happen. He'd clear waivers. And as het third pick, I'm sure his contract has no offset provision, so we're stuck with the full $3m even if he signs somewhere else.

Prior to this, I was thinking he'd be on the roster next year, because of all that. Early this season, he was somewhat decent as a timeshare back. But now, with him missing the trip for the biggest game of the year, I'm thinking he's outta here.

If he is on the roster, he needs to slim down, at least ten pounds.

They should make him a fullback that only blocks and catches flat passes..if he's a around next year.

Because they're the only threads his name comes up in, right?

:lol::funny:haha:spit:

From what I have seen the mods keep the Trent business on a short leash and I don't recall seeing anyone posting their mock draft in a random thread.

If there is a specific subject you want to discuss then you should start a thread, that's how it works on forums.

I don't really care for mock drafts myself, but others enjoy them so I just leaf through those threads.

On my own forum I don't read over half of what the members post, mods patrol their areas and handle those threads.

If you aren't opening the threads that offend you, which obviously you are because you posted in this one, but if you weren't and just the thread title was making you angry, then I suggest chanting Serenity Now like on Seinfeld.

Wow. It doesn't matter though, we don't need him. Maybe we'll just cut him in the offseason even though we have to pay him. No need in him taking up a roster spot. I had much rather have Ballard next season.

ballard hasnt even played in like 2 seasons.

Crazy how you can go from widely-regarded top 5 RB prospect ever to arguably the worst runner in NFL history. NFL shows no mercy.

OK,  stat boy.

Show me stats that says he's the worst runner in NFL history.

And don't just give me average per carry,  we both know that's not the whole story.....

trent-richardson-stats2.jpg

Like I thought,   you couldn't.

If you want to make an argument that, as of now,  he's one of the biggest first round flops of all-time,  I wouldn't argue with you.

I'd absolutely agree.

But worst RB's of all time?     No.    Sorry.

By the way,  do you know who is on your list?

That would be Leroy Kelly,    Hall of Famer!

So much for that list.........

OK, stat boy.

Show me stats that says he's the worst runner in NFL history.

And don't just give me average per carry, we both know that's not the whole story.....

He has the second worst ypc of any back with 500 carries since the merger.

Now you could find other backs with poor stats and say this guy did this or that worse then Trent, but the fact remains that Trent has the second worst ypc.

Ypc might not matter every game, but over the course of a season it matters.

Name a running back with a low ypc who helps shift momentum in a game or who can help control the clock when needed. There aren't any.

Definitely the right move for the team. Time to move on from Trent. He has had long enough to prove he can produce something and has failed. I wonder if he kicked up a fuss about being a healthy scratch last week and was left back in Indy as a result. Boom is definitely far better than Trent. Denver has one of the best run Ds in the NFL so 2.7 YPC isn't bad. He averaged 4.5 yards on the season. Would like him and another young back to share the load in our backfield in the 2015 season.

Boom, spelled by Zurlon is enough to get us to the Super Bowl as long as the players around them are executing at a high level over the next (hopefully) 2 games. And isn't that what matters.

If you want to make an argument that, as of now,  he's one of the biggest first round flops of all-time,  I wouldn't argue with you.

I'd absolutely agree.

That would be 

I'd absolutely agree.

That would be Leroy Kelly,    Hall of Famer!

So much for that list.........

Leroy Kelly has a career 4.3 YPC and won the rushing title twice.

You're argument is pretty awful when you have to exclude arguably the most important stats for RBs out of the equation. That's like going "Oh you think [blank QB] is inaccurate?, go ahead and make the argument, but don't bring up completion%". 

Your post, much like Trent Richardson, was awful.

I'd be interested in what the personal reasons were, Its very very doubtful that he did not travel with the team just because he sucks, I wonder if it has to do with the interview he gave just a few days ago or something morehttp://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2015/01/15/trent-richardson-its-never-going-to-happen-again/21820391/ .

He did kind of get the shaft this year in 3-4 games where he was running well if you look at it objectively, He was well on his way to a good running day but for various reasons we quit running him. I know he has been awful though the majority of the time here so this is not one of them defending Richardson post.......I think most here know where I stand on the matter.....But there was games where we just quit on him he was running well where he could have gained confidence......He clearly has none at this point

Just my thoughts

Thanks for the link to the INDY Star article Gavin. I'm big on tone, demeanor, eye contact, & body language. I wish I could see Trent's body language when he said this "That situation will never happen to me again," he said of being inactive. "Anybody can quote me, today, because it's never going to happen again." Visual cues don't lie regardless of what a person states publicly.

I wanna see if he feels like he's being railroaded & unfairly treated or not. Does he blame himself or the coaching staff for his nonexistent player's role on the team? Just thinking outloud I guess. 

Wow..This get's better each week.

I'm just glad the staff has the guts to do what needs to be done

This does not preclude the possibility of him travelling alone, in a clandestine manner and under cover of darkness.  Maybe Pagano is taking a page out of Belichick's book and attempting to get into the Pats' heads.