Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman

Richardson didn't travel with the team to New England (Merge)

Wow..This get's better each week.

I'm just glad the staff has the guts to do what needs to be done

I kinds feel bad for him.

I never liked the trade but Is there something wrong we Trent we don't know about..?

Yeah, he's  :nutz:  :loco:

I kinds feel bad for him.

I never liked the trade but Is there something wrong we Trent we don't know about..?

You mean besides the fact that he stinks?

Wow. It doesn't matter though, we don't need him. Maybe we'll just cut him in the offseason even though we have to pay him. No need in him taking up a roster spot. I had much rather have Ballard next season.

Man. I really hope he can turn his career around.  

I know he's making a lot of money, but I still feel bad for him. I feel like he could excel with proper usage.   

Maybe a trip to the Cowboys?

You mean besides the fact that he stinks?

Yes. Personal things.   

I'm curious now if he has something else major going on.  

I hope the best for the dude.

At the time of the trade (which I didn't like the idea of giving a first rounder for ANY RB), there was a quote from one of the Cleveland players that basically said "Trent has to learn some things about being a good pro".

I don't know if there was any substance to that, or if Trent has corrected whatever it was, I'm just wondering if there isn't something about his approach to the game that is not all that it should be.

In don't really feel that bad. He has a lot of money and he is just not very good. He will be fine.

The Colts did the right thing. I'm so glad they have the balls to make that hard decision.

Yes. Personal things.

I'm curious now if he has something else major going on.

I hope the best for the dude.

Could be wrong but it feels like he's just mad that he's benched and he's throwing a fit about it thus using the "Personal issues" excuse.

No doubt there's something up with him though.

Could be wrong but it feels like he's just mad that he's benched and he's throwing a fit about it thus using the "Personal issues" excuse.

I also think that's what's going on.

Trent is not a bad player. He just doesn't fit our scheme. Our blocking scheme is better suited for smaller scat backs like Bradshaw and boom. Power backs need a line that powl defenders and that's not our line.

Trent is not a bad player. 

I would hate to see what a bad player looks like then. 

While I do think his time in Indy is over after this season, it did say that it was for personal reasons.  It could be a wide range of things that kept him from making the flight.  It's not like anybody from the Colts prevented him from getting on the plane.

Crazy how you can go from widely-regarded top 5 RB prospect ever to arguably the worst runner in NFL history. NFL shows no mercy.

Trent is not a bad player. He just doesn't fit our scheme. Our blocking scheme is better suited for smaller scat backs like Bradshaw and boom. Power backs need a line that powl defenders and that's not our line.

If you can't average 3ypc most games you're certainly not a good player

I hope Colts tried to trade him in the offseason.

He has zero value, and comes with a $3m price tag. There are a hundred UDFAs who can do what he's done in his career.

If we waive him, someone can claim him, and we shed that salary. But that won't happen. He'd clear waivers. And as het third pick, I'm sure his contract has no offset provision, so we're stuck with the full $3m even if he signs somewhere else.

Prior to this, I was thinking he'd be on the roster next year, because of all that. Early this season, he was somewhat decent as a timeshare back. But now, with him missing the trip for the biggest game of the year, I'm thinking he's outta here.

If he is on the roster, he needs to slim down, at least ten pounds.

Man. I really hope he can turn his career around.  

I know he's making a lot of money, but I still feel bad for him. I feel like he could excel with proper usage.   

Maybe a trip to the Cowboys?

He is not making a lot of money. He is still in his rookie contract.

Just getting a 7th round pick for him would be a steal at this point.

I would even trade a low round pick + Richardson. 

Crazy how you can go from widely-regarded top 5 RB prospect ever to arguably the worst runner in NFL history. NFL shows no mercy.

The worst ever? I doubt that.

I would hope this is a joke?

6th + Richardson for a 7th.

I would do that. 

Clear over $3 mil in cap. 

"Personal reasons" could be that he personally didn't want to play punt coverage only.

I couldn't imagine him not travelling with the team even if he was being inactive. Definitely seems odd. 

How do you not go and support your brothers? I get you're * about being told you were going to be inactive again but come one. These guys always talked so well about it him all year defending him and he's not going to go with them?

Well, he said he was never going to be a healthy scratch again lol. That's one way to avoid it.

I would do that. 

You wasn't clear in your first comment.

The worst ever? I doubt that.

2nd worst YPC ever

trent-richardson-stats2.jpg

Only better than guy who never had 100+ carries in a season. Yes, it's arguable he's the worst runner ever.

You wasn't clear in your first comment.

Yeah, I fixed it. 

No idea. I guess that's a possibility, but I'm sure that's a breach of contract.

He is not making a lot of money. He is still in his rookie contract.

True, but in the real world $2.25 Million is a lot of money to not be working.

I would do that. 

that would be a horrible trade. We might as well just cut richardson. We'd basically be trading a 6th for a 7th. One trade that could work out is trading T rich + 7th for a slightly higher 7th.