Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson didn't travel with the team to New England (Merge)

Superman

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does make one wonder, how did he "get past" so many scouts, through the combine and all the hype to turn out to have the non success he`s endured? Is he just awful? It reminds me of all the Rocky movies where Mick see`s the talent but Rock just keeps loafing around and wont focus. But Trent never heard the bell or had Adrian whisper "win"..lol is that a good analogy or what!?!?

From what I have seen the mods keep the Trent business on a short leash and I don't recall seeing anyone posting their mock draft in a random thread.

If there is a specific subject you want to discuss then you should start a thread, that's how it works on forums.

I don't really care for mock drafts myself, but others enjoy them so I just leaf through those threads.

On my own forum I don't read over half of what the members post, mods patrol their areas and handle those threads.

If you aren't opening the threads that offend you, which obviously you are because you posted in this one, but if you weren't and just the thread title was making you angry, then I suggest chanting Serenity Now like on Seinfeld.

:lol: ....Chanting?

Considering your own zealous pursuit (how many posts?) in the endless and repetitive harsh critique of Trent Richardson, that is a comically ironic statement.

I'm happy to admit....in all serenity, of course....that the Richardson trade hasn't worked out and that Ryan Grigson made a mistake.

Beyond that its a closed issue.

I have typed and "erased" 1/2 dozen responses already :sigh:

It sounds like most of you aren't really bothered by the fact that he didn't make it, you just want him off the team anyway.

If his "personal" reason is anything other than a death in the family, then you may get your wishes. :dunno:

Him playing arguably hurts the team. That's why most of us aren't bothered. He's just horrible and the coaches finally figured it out.

i think any coach that chooses to play someone who they know is incompetent should be fired personally, but hey continue to support someone that has lucks arm saving his job and making up for the team being unprepared to play a good 1/4 of the season

I think anyone who continues to troll mindlessly should be called out on it, so go ahead.

i think any coach that chooses to play someone who they know is incompetent should be fired personally, but hey continue to support someone that has lucks arm saving his job and making up for the team being unprepared to play a good 1/4 of the season 

Is that you TKnight??  C'mon now, fess us  ROFL

Did that tweet Irsay put out,  something like "won`t be fooled again" coincide with Richardson`s diminished role? Anyone remember that? 

I typically try to avoid Jim Irsay tweets on average, but if Jim has finally seen "the light" better late than never. I could see Jim accompanying that tweet with a link to that Who song though. Jim's clever that way. 

It does make one wonder, how did he "get past" so many scouts, through the combine and all the hype to turn out to have the non success he`s endured? Is he just awful? It reminds me of all the Rocky movies where Mick see`s the talent but Rock just keeps loafing around and wont focus. But Trent never heard the bell or had Adrian whisper "win"..lol is that a good analogy or what!?!?

Was that in I or II because I only really liked Rocky III & IV with Apollo Creed vs Mick in them as Balboa's trainer? But, I digress. IMO concentration was not Trent's problem productivity was. He tried. He just wasn't good enough & he had plenty of time to prove himself.   

So much for that waste of a 1st round pick. Hope Blount who was on waivers and we did not get, does not steamroll our D. Guess Trent will be on waivers.

Geez, it's not the end of the world. There are first rounds bust just about every year of the draft. That is why it is said a draft really cant be graded till year 2 or 3 after the draft. Grigson took a gamble, it didn't work out. So what? Move on and be glad the larger part of the players drafted did work out. Crying over spilled milk does no one any good.

Certainly did not need firing but.......................................................

the BLIND FAITH in TR for nearly 2 years was kinda ....       "puzzling" .. 

Good for them .. they (INDY) figured it out..........

FINALLY>

Ignorant post.

If we're stuck with his salary (no team willing to trade), then I'm fine with keeping him around next season -- at least through camp.  He wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination but he had a few decent/good games and wasn't terrible like last year.

He still has some utility in pass protection and when getting the ball in space.  He'll be in a contract year next season.  If that doesn't motivate him to lose significant weight and work hard in the off season then he's probably done.  I'd be curious to see if he can show anything in camp if he's able to lose ~20 pounds and in a contract year.  However, I don't think there's any chance of him being with the Colts after next year.

Certainly did not need firing but.......................................................

the BLIND FAITH in TR for nearly 2 years was kinda .... "puzzling" ..

Good for them .. they (INDY) figured it out..........

FINALLY>

What if....if....if....the reason they stuck with TRICH was to keep Boom healthy for the playoffs......