Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We could likely win out finish 12-4, rematch with Pats

Nesjan3

We're gonna lose a game we're not supposed to lose

And then with Thornton hurt, there's no telling what the genius coaching staff we have will do with the offensive line.

Too many variables to be 100% belief we'll win out

Would like to see it though. Would like to get over the 11-5 mark

I don't think winning out is in the cards either.  And a rematch with the Pats?  The team we saw yesterday would have been even more embarrassed than the last time we played the Pats.  Unless Santa comes early with an offensive line, we haven't got a snowflakes chance in the Sahara in making it past the first round.

wow you guys are downers one loss and one bad start and everybody hates lol

We have more than 1 loss. And in 2 of those losses...... We had records set against us &/or 40+ points dropped on us. Another loss we blew a lead. And another loss we just didn't show up until the 4th QTR and tried to make a comeback

So, we have every right to be "downers"

@ Cleveland and @ Dallas post the biggest threats.

We wouldn't rematch the Pats in the first round, that's for sure. Both teams are likely to win their division.

Cleveland doesn't worry me.  Hoyer was unimpressive last game, even with Gordon in the lineup.  He also hasn't had an outstanding performance for a while now (since week 8 or 9 depending on your judgement).  They have a good running game, but without a good passing attack to keep teams honest, it shouldn't hurt us

Cleveland doesn't worry me. Hoyer was unimpressive last game, even with Gordon in the lineup. He also hasn't had an outstanding performance for a while now (since week 8 or 9 depending on your judgement). They have a good running game, but without a good passing attack to keep teams honest, it shouldn't hurt us

House just has to be a game manager and the rest will sort itself out

He tried to do too much last game and it cost them. But if he plays the way he did when they smacked the Bengals a few weeks back, Cleveland is a playoff team easily

We have more than 1 loss. And in 2 of those losses...... We had records set against us &/or 40+ points dropped on us. Another loss we blew a lead. And another loss we just didn't show up until the 4th QTR and tried to make a comeback

you get all that info from the gameday chat?

then go ahead and be one ;p

Cleveland doesn't worry me.  Hoyer was unimpressive last game, even with Gordon in the lineup.  He also hasn't had an outstanding performance for a while now (since week 8 or 9 depending on your judgement).  They have a good running game, but without a good passing attack to keep teams honest, it shouldn't hurt us

The Colts on the road always worry me... (unless it's a division opponent lol)

I love OP's optimism, but past games doesn't provide any reason to be optimistic.

Our D has weakened and we are getting thin at CB. Toller is out, Lou Purifoy is out, Butler is out, however I hope they will be ready against the 'Skins. Considering our O-line, it was embarrassing to see how little protection they provided to Andrew. 5 sacks allowed against Jags? 4 in 1 quarter? The situation was far better in the 2nd half, but still Jags were the opponent. Our running game? Our RBs gathered 100 yards combined! Many are excited about Boom, but 62 yards against a 1/1 pick contender team...

This team has several Achilles heels right now, I'd say only our passing game, secondary and ST work is PO caliber, the rest...we need to improve.

As long as we can't top the run and can't run the ball effectively we have no serious chances. We had 4 opponents those are currently in the PO-hunt, and we lost to all of them.

Besides I don't know if I should be happy over a re-match against Pats... J. Gray and LG. Blount...both are Colts-killer RBs.

The game vs. Saints will be a tough one, another test for the team, or shall I say: final exam. I expect a L there. Browns game will be a hard one too, but I see more chance for us winning.

If we met up with NE again in the post season, they'd mop the floor with us just like last time. Their o-line is solid, their RBs are running north & south with holes to fly through, & there's no way we are beating both Dallas & Cleveland. 

Until we start drafting linemen, INDY is going nowhere outside their division. 

I love OP's optimism, but past games doesn't provide any reason to be optimistic.

Our D has weakened and we are getting thin at CB. Toller is out, Lou Purifoy is out, Butler is out, however I hope they will be ready against the 'Skins. Considering our O-line, it was embarrassing to see how little protection they provided to Andrew. 5 sacks allowed against Jags? 4 in 1 quarter? The situation was far better in the 2nd half, but still Jags were the opponent. Our running game? Our RBs gathered 100 yards combined! Many are excited about Boom, but 62 yards against a 1/1 pick contender team...

This team has several Achilles heels right now, I'd say only our passing game, secondary and ST work is PO caliber, the rest...we need to improve.

As long as we can't top the run and can't run the ball effectively we have no serious chances. We had 4 opponents those are currently in the PO-hunt, and we lost to all of them.

Besides I don't know if I should be happy over a re-match against Pats... J. Gray and LG. Blount...both are Colts-killer RBs.

We dont play the saints

The game vs. Saints will be a tough one, another test for the team, or shall I say: final exam. I expect a L there. Browns game will be a hard one too, but I see more chance for us winning.

We dont play the saints

Correct. Cowboys. Makes no difference anyway.

If we met up with NE again in the post season, they'd mop the floor with us just like last time. Their o-line is solid, their RBs are running north & south with holes to fly through, & there's no way we are beating both Dallas & Cleveland. 

I been preaching that all season. Everyone gets so worked up and down because the Colts lose some games. I also understand that too. It does not take a rocket scientist to see the Colts are not ready to advance into the playoffs and be successful. Me being a fan I would love the Colts to win a super bowl but wishing and reality are two different things. We are not strong enough at either side of the line. At least one or maybe two drafts away. Get lucky with a free agent or two who knows? Those can be pretty expensive. There is a reason that very good linemen are few and far between.

I wouldn't say going nowhere, but the inexperience of the O-Line is hindering their performance greatly.  However the defensive debacle against the Pat is fixable with good coaching.  I can definitely see a possibility of the Colts Pats matchup in the AFCCG.  There is 5 games left in the regular season and KC is breathing on the neck of the Denver Broncos.  I believe they also play SD again.  "IF" the Colts won out (they would have to win very tough games on the road in CLE and DAL) and had a dominating performance, I would feel comfortable playing the Pats again.  Even in Foxboro!!  New game, new results!  There are a lot of variables but IF the Colts could fix key issues with O-Line blocking and the defense would tackle on the first attempt, and have a better gameplan, I think the Colts are as good as any other team, but that is a big IF!

No, it's being real. 90% sure that we lose one, 50% we lose two.

I would say 60% we lose 1 15% we lose 2.  I think we finish 11-5 but still a possibility we could be 12-4.  I just don't see us dropping two very important games.  That would leave the door open for Houston and make the only good victories of the season against the Bengals and Ravens, which are good but not great. 

Remember the standings in the other divisions though.  Texans are now 2 games back but have a meeting in Indy on Dec. 14th.  Cleveland is 7-4 with the rest of the division, and the Cowboys are 1 game back of the Foles-less Eagles.  All these teams are fighting for a division and playoff birth.  Enter December and playoff like football is starting to take shape! 

Cleveland doesn't worry me. Hoyer was unimpressive last game, even with Gordon in the lineup. He also hasn't had an outstanding performance for a while now (since week 8 or 9 depending on your judgement). They have a good running game, but without a good passing attack to keep teams honest, it shouldn't hurt us

Well the browns defense has been playing a bit better, and if they get a good run game going on us watch out....

But yes we should beat them, but I think it will be closer than what people think. Not to mention its in Cleveland and if the weather is horrible that would probably help the browns too.

Well the browns defense has been playing a bit better, and if they get a good run game going on us watch out....

But yes we should beat them, but I think it will be closer than what people think. Not to mention its in Cleveland and if the weather is horrible that would probably help the browns too.

That D lost a key contributor Sunday. They are really banged up. It will still be a GOOD game.

No way to win out. They way this team is heading we may not beat Cleveland, Dallas or houston....all 3 have good o - lines and running games to go with it. Those 3 also have decent defense. At the current moment there is no reason to believe that we could flat out win those games.i hope we do win but hope is about all there is to hang onto currently.

Can we win out? Sure.  If we can play a Full Game of some of that dominating football we've all seen from this team.  So far, it's happened once. Against a Bengals team that was in a downward spiral at the time.  If we play like we've played the last few weeks?  No way.  

I'm expecting another 11-5 finish, with the loss coming from the Cowboys.  That run game...with what the Patriots did to us, imagine what THEY will do.  I'm not expecting the December collapse from Romo this season.  It's not all on him anymore.  The other two games that concern me are the Browns and the Texans game.  Yes, I know the Texans have never won in Indy; It's going to happen eventually, and that team is better than they seem.  I don't really know what to expect from the Browns now that Gordon is back, and will be in the full swing of things by the time we meet up with them.  Hopefully Vontae can limit him.

12-4 is certainly a possibility, but I think 10-6 is just as likely.  We'll see.  Still have to play the games.

Time for some real talk NFL perspective;

2012 ravens won the Super Bowl. They gave up 43 points to the texans. Went 1-4 the last 5 weeks of the season. Finished 10-6.

2011 giants won the Super Bowl. Went 3-5 the last 8 games. Finished with a 9-7 record. Beat the unstoppable patriots in the sb.

2010 packers win the Super Bowl. Went 3-3 the last 6 games. Finished 10-6.

2009 saints won the Super Bowl. Lost their last 3 games. Beat possibly the best team in the league that year in the sb.

Let's stop acting like a team has to be 16-0, coming off a 10 game winning streak, and have zero weaknesses to have a prayer of winning a game in the playoffs.

You know what those teams have in common? Great QB play when they needed it. You know what we have (looking that way at least)?

Time for some real talk NFL perspective;

2012 ravens won the Super Bowl. They gave up 43 points to the texans. Went 1-4 the last 5 weeks of the season. Finished 10-6.

2011 giants won the Super Bowl. Went 3-5 the last 8 games. Finished with a 9-7 record. Beat the unstoppable patriots in the sb.

2010 packers win the Super Bowl. Went 3-3 the last 6 games. Finished 10-6.

2009 saints won the Super Bowl. Lost their last 3 games. Beat possibly the best team in the league that year in the sb.

Let's stop acting like a team has to be 16-0, coming off a 10 game winning streak, and have zero weaknesses to have a prayer of winning a game in the playoffs.

You know what those teams have in common? Great QB play when they needed it. You know what we have (looking that way at least)?

I'm not sure about the Giants, Saints , and Packers, but that 1-4 stretch the Ravens endured had a lot to do with injuries. The key for the playoff run was getting most of our injured players back for the post season. So besides getting hot, that is a huge factor when projecting how a team will do in the playoffs. Ray's retirement announcement didn't hurt either.

The Colts need to take it one game at a time.  Is it possible to win out and finish 12-4? Yes it is.  Any team can win on any given Sunday though, that's why the Colts need to take it one game at a time.  The three toughest games they have left are at Cle vs Hou and at Dal.  I am hoping the Colts win out and the Broncos lose 2 out of their last 5 (games at KC, vs Buf at SD and at Cinci aren't going to be cake walks).  It would also be nice if the Pats lose the next two games(at GB+at SD) and possibly a 3rd but I doubt that happens.  A first round bye and homefield in the 2nd round sure would be nice!