Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the #1 receiver on the Colts now?

Blue Horseshoe

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it probably sounds ridiculous given how much leadership Wayne brings to the team but I think Hilton is far more productive so far this year. Wayne is still very reliable and is usually the go to guy on 3rd down.

It's still Reggie and always will be until he hangs the cleats up

Hilton is too inconsistent. And plus he always burns the Texans so that's a given explosion game for him.

Until Hilton can learn to be productive every week, he's nothing more than a great #2 WR

Hilton is too inconsistent. And plus he always burns the Texans so that's a given explosion game for him.

Until Hilton can learn to be productive every week, he's nothing more than a great #2 WR

Umm to be fair Hilton's been pretty consistent this season.  You arn't gonna get 200 yards every game or even 100 but here are Hilton's numbers.

@ Denver 5 rec for 41 yards

Philly 6 rec for 65 yards

@ Jax 5 rec for 80 yards

Ten 6 rec for 105 yards

Baltimore 9 rec for 90 yards

@ Houston 9 for 223 yards and a TD.

He's been fairly consistent and left his mark on each game.  Last year you had a legit complaint as he had 5 games of less then 40 yards and 9 of less then 50 yards. 

But this year save for the opening game he's gone for more then 60 in each game.  4 out of 6 games are for more then 80 yards.

Umm to be fair Hilton's been pretty consistent this season. You arn't gonna get 200 yards every game or even 100 but here are Hilton's numbers.

@ Jax 5 rec for 80 yards

Ten 6 rec for 105 yards

He's been fairly consistent and left his mark on each game. Last year you had a legit complaint as he had 5 games of less then 40 yards.

But this year save for the opening game he's gone for more then 60 in each game. 4 out of 6 games are for more then 80 yards.

That's proving my point. If he's more consistent then he will be a solid #1 option

The only knock on Hilton is his consistency. So if he continues these strides the whole season into the playoffs, then the knock becomes a tap and so on

Umm to be fair Hilton's been pretty consistent this season.  You arn't gonna get 200 yards every game or even 100 but here are Hilton's numbers.

@ Jax 5 rec for 80 yards

Ten 6 rec for 105 yards

He's been fairly consistent and left his mark on each game.  Last year you had a legit complaint as he had 5 games of less then 40 yards and 9 of less then 50 yards. 

But this year save for the opening game he's gone for more then 60 in each game.  4 out of 6 games are for more then 80 yards.

And Luck was kind of bad in those first two games, so part of Hilton's lower production in those is on the QB.

If TY isn't the number one then he's 1B to reggie's 1A.    He's the one drawing the double teams.  TY has been fairly consistent leading up to last night with intermediate passes.  Luck's ball distribution has kept the numbers lower than we'd like and they couldn't get the deep ball.    TY doesn't get a lot of Red Zone targets either - the TEs and RBs seem to be getting most of them especially inside the 10 yard line.  

If TY isn't the number one then he's 1B to reggie's 1A. He's the one drawing the double teams. TY has been fairly consistent leading up to last night with intermediate passes. Luck's ball distribution has kept the numbers lower than we'd like and they couldn't get the deep ball. TY doesn't get a lot of Red Zone targets either - the TEs and RBs seem to be getting most of them especially inside the 10 yard line.

*Points to his response to Valpo*

And while we're on the subject of TE's....... Can someone PLEASE rough/stern talk Fleener up in practice? We've got to get that man to play more aggressive. Tired of his dropped passes and timid plays

*Points to his response to Valpo*

And while we're on the subject of TE's....... Can someone PLEASE rough/stern talk Fleener up in practice? We've got to get that man to play more aggressive. Tired of his dropped passes and timid plays

Fleener and Allen are both credited with the same number of drops so far this season...2.  Fleener's drop rate is 8% and Allen's is 7.4%.  Just sayin

Fleener and Allen are both credited with the same number of drops so far this season...2. Fleener's drop rate is 8% and Allen's is 7.4%. Just sayin

Maybe so but Fleener still drops too many catchable balls that aren't considered statistical drops. I don't think anyone would argue Allen has much more reliable hands and is way better in traffic.

I will say Fleener seems to be progressing from the start of the season and I like his effort blocking the last few games but I still don't trust him very much in the receiving game.

I know it probably sounds ridiculous given how much leadership Wayne brings to the team but I think Hilton is far more productive so far this year.  Wayne is still very reliable and is usually the go to guy on 3rd down.

Reggie, He's reliable a stand up Vet and you can ALWAYS count on him as he is consistent. 

Prior to last night, TY had 31 receptions for 381 yards and Reggie had 30 catches for 384 yards.

TY is probably more likely to 'go off' like he did last night, but I think Reggie is 1a and TY is 1b still for now.  After a big game last night, I imagine next week the focus of the D will be 'stop TY' which should allow Reggie to catch back up to him in the receptions category.

i say hilton but i wanna know what's up with nicks...i was excited when we signed him in the off season..but he's been..idk..not impressive to me...is he not getting open?..is pep not involving him that much in the game plan?? is he not trying??

I think Nicks has been fine.  He hasn't been a game changer, but I don't think anyone expected him to be one.  He just needed to be an improvement over what we had - and he is.  There's several reasons why he isn't lighting up the box score.  First Luck and Nicks getting comfortable with one another.  Second, we have so many options, Nicks just isn't going to get nearly as many looks as he would on a team that doesn't have a potential HOF and a great young prospect like Hilton (and we haven't even seen all of Moncrief yet).  Also, you ahve to consider his injury history, i.e. he may never be the player he was in his first 3 years in the league.  And that leads into thel ast point, which is our offensive lineups.  We run a lot of 2 TE formations which necessarily means that you're going to have only 2 WRs on the field.  That's going to result in Nicks being off the field more than Reggie and Hilton, which is a good thing because it helps preserve Nicks' health in the long run. 

He has more receptions, targets and almost 200 more yards than Reggie. He also has had at least five catches in every game. But don't let reality change your opinion.

Maybe so but Fleener still drops too many catchable balls that aren't considered statistical drops. I don't think anyone would argue Allen has much more reliable hands and is way better in traffic.

I will say Fleener seems to be progressing from the start of the season and I like his effort blocking the last few games but I still don't trust him very much in the receiving game.

I think Fleener's issues are with concentration, not his hands.  

Allen's drop last night was Luck's fault BTW. If Luck had led Allen instead of throwing a dart high and a little behind him then the result would have been much better.

Allen attacks the ball in the air while Fleener looks like the air is attacking him.

1. TY

2. Wayne

3. Allen

Allen's drop last night was Luck's fault BTW. If Luck had led Allen instead of throwing a dart high and a little behind him then the result would have been much better.

Allen attacks the ball in the air while Fleener looks like the air is attacking him.

1. TY

2. Wayne

3. Allen

Agreed, Luck needed to take some off of that missile. I'm really surprised it's considered a statistical drop, though, I still expect Allen to catch that more often than not.

Oh my, people are hilarious.  Luck throws a pass that Fleener jumps, turns his body and barely gets his hands on it and people say Fleener can't catch.  Allen drops an easily catchable ball and people blame Luck.  And people call Fleener soft but it was Allen who alligator armed a pass last night on the first drive.  Going across the middle, Allen barely sticks his arm out and slows down so he doesn't get hit and yet Fleener made one nice catch in traffic for a short gain.

I like both the Colts' TEs (all 3 actually) but the last couple of weeks Fleener has been the tough one and Allen has looked hesitant.

Prior to last night, TY had 31 receptions for 381 yards and Reggie had 30 catches for 384 yards.

TY is probably more likely to 'go off' like he did last night, but I think Reggie is 1a and TY is 1b still for now.  After a big game last night, I imagine next week the focus of the D will be 'stop TY' which should allow Reggie to catch back up to him in the receptions category.

Yeah, but he needs to be more consistent. Apparently.

I think you're absolutely right but the end result is the same. No catch. Even on the passes he does catch he really looks the ball in to the point he's often a step slow turning up the field.

Yes the end result is the same, but many have tried to say that Fleener has bad hands and that is not at all true.  

This may offend some peoples sensibilities, but I would say we don't have a #1 receiver, and that's a damn good aspect the way things are shaking out.

That's kind of the way i see it too. We have a multiple guys who can be "#1" That is a good problem to have

The guy who is open is the #1 receiver in this offense.  Whoever that is.

In regards to that 2 point conversion we probably should have run that with Moncrief because he's got the speed to turn the corner, and the power to bulldoze to the end zone if met with resistance.

I really would enjoy seeing Moncrief get more snaps.  I'm still okay on Nicks, but Moncrief gives us another deep threat besides T.Y. I assume the coaching staff wants to keep Moncrief under wraps for a little while before they reveal him big time.