119 members have voted

1. 1. who gets there first

• werner
    • walden
    • art jones
    • freeman
    • other
    • peyton doesnt get sacked

I am picking Freeman on this one.  I think we have the best chance of getting to him up the middle this game.  I would be thrilled if Werner was able to get to him but if he can't sack him at least pressure him and force him back up into the pocker where Freeman, D-Jax and company can.

Hit him hard and hit him often.

Hmmm, interesting results flowing in

Could've sworn just last year people were calling for Walden's head..... Now he's leading in the poll question

Gotta love this forum :lol:

Theyll be doing the same thing if and this is a big IF Trich lights off and bangs out some big numbers this year. Again...if

Beating Manning isn't as much about sacks as it is coverage and pressure in the first 2.5 seconds.  He's gonna throw it in time most of the time.  Seattle had a fistful of receiver jersey early and often, so Manning had nowhere to throw it in his 2.5 second window.  Essentially, that was our recipe last year to beat them as well.  Adequate pressure, and tight coverage in the 2.5 second window.

Combination sack!

Split between Werner coming around the edge and Chapman pushing up the middle!

Honestly, if we get any sacks at all, that's my best prediction, too (though without regard to who is actually on the field when it happens).  Peyton gets it off too quickly more often than not for a DE/OLB to come off the edge unless he's just untouched.  The best way to sack Manning is to get a push up in the pocket to disrupt his timing with someone coming around the edge on clean up.  I mean, that is the case for any pocket QB, but its' especially true for Manning.