Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes leg injury.

Dustin

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the best for Khaled Holmes. He was looking good until he got injured.

However, coming out of USC, I read where Holmes struggled with ankle problems throughout college.

Then last year with the Colts, he hurts the ankle and misses time.

Now in the first series, of the first pre-season game, he sprains his ankle.

I am very concerned Holmes may not be able to be counted on this season.

I don't care for the personal insults sir.  I would suggest not doing it again unless you would like a mod contacted.  It is my opinion that the Colts cannot have a successful season or that success needs to be redefined if Holmes and Thomas are injured for an extended period of time.  If you have a differing opinion I can respect that and I suppose we will see in a few months who is correct.

Well I don't know why you would think that.  We had a successful season last year with a completely inept OL - not to mention a depleted running back group and loss of two of our best receiving targets in Wayne and Allen.  If by success you mean win a superbowl, then yeah, we may not have a successful season.  But we may not win a superbowl even with all those guys. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000375166/article/colts-center-khaled-holmes-limps-off-with-ankle-injury

If you watch the play he got injured on one of the Jets DL fell on the back of his foot making it, and him, bend and roll weird.  

Looked nasty.

Though not as nasty as the redskins QB back in the day.

Fortunately it looks like he was able to lift his foot as the Jet player started to roll.  If it had been planted the whole time it could have been a lot worse.

JMV was saying he heard that it is a high ankle sprain.  He could be out a few weeks or up to 8 weeks depending on the grade of the sprain.

If that's the case, him walking off on his own power is agood sign and probably means that it would be on the shorter end of the spectrum - at least I'd hope so.

This is your first post. Let the beauty and sheer panic of the thought soak over you. Maybe 12 hours after Holmes' injury when you have had more time to digest it and be less emotional or panicky, or whatever you were, you might have put in a more reasonable thought. Doubtful though because you have kept defending this position.

Ahem, I point you back to your original thought, you know where we should give up on the season.

I keep bringinp up the first preseason game, well... because that was the game in which you declared season over. I know you said "if" Holmes is seriously hurt but regardless, it is still a funny sentiment. For the love of God, they had a good year last year with McGlynn and Satele playing key roles.

I have a differing opinion than you - a more thoughtful and reasonable one. So I guess I would tell you to expect to hear about it if you post something so over the top.

JSkinz, though I agree with your point, it really isn't necessary to make it with personal attack and insults on people.  Why do you need to call him ignorant etc.?  Your argument should be enough to prove your point without personal attacks.  If we're going to add insults to emphasize how right we are and how wrong someone else is about a topic, it's going to be really unpleasant here and not very welcoming to new people who want to post but are in fear of being ridiculed by the regulars.  Lighten up a bit, this is a friendly discussion board for fans, not a group of professional football experts.  I bet at some point you will say something that seems to many others to be ridiculous.  That's the nature of open discussion.  Do you attack your buddies in real life and try to make them feel bad about some trivial discussion like this?  Take a deep breath and educate folks if you feel you have a strong amount of knowledge on a topic or that you could quell their fear of our teams collapse. Thanks. 

I hope the best for Khaled Holmes. He was looking good until he got injured.

However, coming out of USC, I read where Holmes struggled with ankle problems throughout college.

Then last year with the Colts, he hurts the ankle and misses time.

Now in the first series, of the first pre-season game, he sprains his ankle.

I am very concerned Holmes may not be able to be counted on this season.

Ya, he has a problem of big fat guys falling on his feet. Did you see the play? What do you think would happen to anyone's ankle in that situation?

a lot of people were because they were the popular names that people knew. I'll admit I was keeping my eye on them too during FA and I was a bit disappointed when EDS signed.  I knew Mack was never a realistic option though and with it taking so long for de la Puenta to sign that told me he wasn't as good as a lot of people thought.  

Personally I don't know if EDS would have been an upgrade over Holmes.  Grigson said he wasn't impressed with any of the FA C's.  Sure that could be gm speak but at the same time, I never heard anything, any kind of rumor that the Colts showed any kind of interest in any C other than Mack.  And we have no idea how serious the interest the Colts showed in Mack actually was.  

For the plays that I saw Holmes in last night, I liked what I saw.  I hope his hiatus is a short one.

Ya, he has a problem of big fat guys falling on his feet. Did you see the play? What do you think would happen to anyone's ankle in that situation?

OK. But how about all the other times he hurt his ankles?

Do you know if his other ankle injuries were all due to fat guys falling on them?

I'm just saying... Over the past couple years, Holmes does not seem to be the most reliable O-lineman we could put to be in front of Luck

if he had his mri today I wonder why

there hasn't been any news on it, I'm going nuts worrying about a guy whose played about 10 nfl snaps in his life, pretty sad. lol ...but gotta know gotta know.

It's an off day for the team. Look for news tomorrow.

JSkinz, though I agree with your point, it really isn't necessary to make it with personal attack and insults on people.  Why do you need to call him ignorant etc.?  Your argument should be enough to prove your point without personal attacks.  If we're going to add insults to emphasize how right we are and how wrong someone else is about a topic, it's going to be really unpleasant here and not very welcoming to new people who want to post but are in fear of being ridiculed by the regulars.  Lighten up a bit, this is a friendly discussion board for fans, not a group of professional football experts.  I bet at some point you will say something that seems to many others to be ridiculous.  That's the nature of open discussion.  Do you attack your buddies in real life and try to make them feel bad about some trivial discussion like this?  Take a deep breath and educate folks if you feel you have a strong amount of knowledge on a topic or that you could quell their fear of our teams collapse. Thanks. 

very well said.  Whenever people get personal........the discussion spirals downward and other people who enjoy being rude chime in in kind.

But also in this thread you will see more people who stated their case civily and that is much more reflective of the entire board.  I really appreciated that in this thread.

Also keep in mind, at times passionate football fans will have lapses in judgement.  It's going to happen and it is rude but not the end of the world and certainly not reflective of the majority of people who post here.  Although I can see how it would feel that way when someone is using words like ridiculous, mindless, ignorance, and nonsense.

Those words are pretty insulting and invite inkind responses.

So, all that used poor judgement.........you know who you are and please temper your posts

To the rest, thank you!

I really appreciated what you said here

Reminder our mission here

Our mission

As the Official Fan Forum for the Indianapolis Colts, our goal is to provide a well moderated community where NFL fans can enjoy a family-friendly welcoming environment for discussing Colts football, the NFL, and other topics of mutual interest. This is a place where Where 'football gurus' and casual fans can meet and enjoy each others company on a shared topic of interest.

Civility, a welcoming atmosphere, tolerance, humor, mutual respect and individual commitment to the community are our over-riding goals.

I fear no news is bad news..

He had his mri yesterday and i think if the results were ok, there'd be at least an unofficial report/leak on it..

Nobody is ever in a hurry to deliver bad news..

maybe not

football side was busy with roster moves yesterday and those came out late last night

http://blogs.colts.com/2014/08/08/indianapolis-colts-make-roster-moves-60/

Wait and see on the mri

#colts hoping for best with C Khaled Holmes. Per source, believe he suffered sprained left ankle. Might miss few weeks. MRI will confirm

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

August 8, 2014

Please God, don't be a season ending injury. A few weeks is okay. I just feel bad for Holmes & what this means for Luck's o-line protection schemes. Yes I know, we will adapt & keep moving forward. 

its official. the colts o-line is cursed

It sure feels that way sometimes CR91. The devil hates Latin. Are there any Latin language experts in INDY? Just kidding man! I have to laugh about it so I don't break something or cry. Sigh...

I fear no news is bad news..

He had his mri yesterday and i think if the results were ok, there'd be at least an unofficial report/leak on it..

Nobody is ever in a hurry to deliver bad news..

I was always taught that the expression was "No news is good news." Sometimes, all silence means is that the person in question is getting all their i's dotted & t's crossed. Keep the faith CCF21; Keep the faith. 

I never foreshadow doom & gloom. I hope for the best & plan for the worst. Translation: Let's see what we are dealing with 1st. Speculation on injuries is counterproductive & not much use to any Colts fan right now. 

don't know if you guys heard or watched paganos presser but he said holmes will miss 2-3 weeks with an ankle sprain heres the article

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376241/article/colts-khaled-holmes-out-23-weeks-with-ankle-injury

I hope this article is accurate BLUEx40. Missing only 3 weeks would be fantastic news for Holmes, the franchise, & the entire fan base. I need some uplifting news right now. We all do actually. 

Thanks for the article BTW. 

I am not giving up after one preseason game.  I am saying that it will be extremely difficult to have a successful season if Holmes and Thomas are both injured.  You keep bringing up the preseason game as if I am judging the team on it.  You cannot tell anything from one preseason game.  You can tell something from two of a team's starting offensive linemen getting injured. I hope that I am wrong but just because I have a differing opinion than you do does not justify making personal attacks.  Attack the argument all you wish, explain how I am incorrect but the personal insults are unnecessary.

You way overrate the loss of the career backup Thomas. It is actually a good thing. The game showed we have plenty of serviceable depth at guard. Sorry you missed it.