Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just a thought.

Dark_Indy

The Eagles have mentioned that Desean Jackson is up for trade and they are looking for "At least a 3rd round pick, maybe more" for him. While the Colts signed Hakeem Nicks for a one-year "Prove it" deal. 

What about sending a 3rd Round pick and a late round pick to the Eagles to bring in Desean Jackson? He's a proven wide receiver and he and Luck have some experience together from the Pro Bowl. I think he would definitely prove valuable combined with T.Y. Hilton and Nicks after Wayne retires and he combined with T.Y. would be a scary proposition for opposing defenses. I don't think there would be a faster WR duo in the NFL if that were the case.

Trading for Jackson would be just about the end of the Mack Talk though. 

It's an interesting idea, but it sounds terrible. I don't think we need to waste multiple draft picks and money on another receiver, which in my opinion is not a need anymore.

I had high hopes for Hey-Bey when we brought him in, thinking that he was just in a career-long slump, and the gamble didn't pay off. Here we are gambling with Nicks who may be past his prime and just declining in his career- which has yet to be seen. I want to be wrong, but remember- this guy had two less touchdowns than Sheldon Richardson (Jets DT and DROY) last year. 

Jackson, however was Vick's favorite target, but doesn't seem to get along with Chip Kelly or Nick Foles as much. He may be able to be had for just a 3rd Rounder, which I would be all over trading a 3rd round pick for Desean. 

I dont think it would b stupid, cuz u really dont know what reggie will b like. With that said,jackson,nicks,hilton,brazil,rodgers,whalen would b pretty stout for the long haul-if nicks works out and we could keep him. I really dont see us getting mack,it would of happened already but his asking price is gotta b skyhigh so Cleveland couldnt match it. With that said,grab a decent safety like decoud or clemens and one of the cheaper centers cuz costa can play g or c.

I don't know how much you guys know about Desean but being from NJ and seeing him frequently through media outlets I would never in my entire life want a player with his personality on a team that I cared about. He could have all the talent in the world and I would still not want him. He's a pretty speedy WR with good hands but why do we need one of those when we have great weapons already? Nick's was a much better signing from a physical/dynamic standpoint and from a cancer free locked room standpoint. 

I don't know how much you guys know about Desean but being from NJ and seeing him frequently through media outlets I would never in my entire life want a player with his personality on a team that I cared about. He could have all the talent in the world and I would still not want him. He's a pretty speedy WR with good hands but why do we need one of those when we have great weapons already? Nick's was a much better signing from a physical/dynamic standpoint and from a cancer free locked room standpoint.

Apparently after a big contract he is still having problems with the coaches... and that is why they are entertaining offers. He would fit in with Harbaugh and the 49ers because Harbaugh is a little odd too.

I had high hopes for Hey-Bey when we brought him in, thinking that he was just in a career-long slump, and the gamble didn't pay off. Here we are gambling with Nicks who may be past his prime and just declining in his career- which has yet to be seen. I want to be wrong, but remember- this guy had two less touchdowns than Sheldon Richardson (Jets DT and DROY) last year.

Jackson, however was Vick's favorite target, but doesn't seem to get along with Chip Kelly or Nick Foles as much. He may be able to be had for just a 3rd Rounder, which I would be all over trading a 3rd round pick for Desean.

DHB vs Hakeem Nicks is no comparison. We're well on our way at WR, no need to spend a draft pick on an overpaid, one dimensional receiver with a bad attitude.

I see no reason to make this trade. 

We have a younger and less cocky (for lack of a better word) version of Jackson in Hilton. 

Nicks and Wayne are proven vets although they both come with injury concerns but you aren't going to pay them the kind of money the Colts are in this up coming season if you don't think they can be two of your top three WRs.  If they don't work out both of their contracts are up at the end of the season and the Colts can look at the WR spot then.

Behind them you have three young WRs who got experience last year in Brazil, Rodgers, and Whalen.  While I don't think any of the three are going to be future stars I do think all three are solid WR back ups in the NFL who can cover you if one of your big three goes down.  I also think they are okay with their role on the team which is important because I don't think Jackson would be.  If you bring Jackson in you would now have four WRs who could argue to be a "number one" WR on the roster.  That's too many people for Luck to get the ball too.  It's really too much for a team whose OC wants them to be a power running team more than a passing team, and make no mistake they are going to keep trying to be a ground and pound offense. 

Thats a terrible comparison.

If we get D jax, either Nicks or Hilton will barely see the field. We already have an unbelievably deep WR corps that will still be good even after reggie leaves ( assuming D rogers turns into the guy we expect him to be). No point in getting another WR.

Colts are set at WR & already have to cary 6 WR's or let a young reciever with potential walk (maybe someone can clarify, as i dont think Whalen or Rodgers can be stashed on PS anymore)...

Anyways trading picks for Jackson would be a massive waste of resources, especially when upgrades can be made at safety, & the lines...

The Eagles have mentioned that Desean Jackson is up for trade and they are looking for "At least a 3rd round pick, maybe more" for him. While the Colts signed Hakeem Nicks for a one-year "Prove it" deal.

What about sending a 3rd Round pick and a late round pick to the Eagles to bring in Desean Jackson? He's a proven wide receiver and he and Luck have some experience together from the Pro Bowl. I think he would definitely prove valuable combined with T.Y. Hilton and Nicks after Wayne retires and he combined with T.Y. would be a scary proposition for opposing defenses. I don't think there would be a faster WR duo in the NFL if that were the case.

Trading for Jackson would be just about the end of the Mack Talk though.

I'll put this nicely. H e double hicky sticks NO

I'm guessing Jackson's cap hit is pretty hefty this year.

So, taking him on would pretty much resolve our desire to pick up any valuable OL help, as it wouldn't happen.

Now, that may not happen anyway, the way things are going right now, but I'd rather leave that door open.

The difference is that Nicks has been good in the past and can be again. DHB never was at all

I would not mind it to much just because none of us can be sure that Wayne will come back and be his old self and no telling how Nicks is going to pan out. BUT a 3rd rounder for him? maybe our 5th pick in this years draft and our 4th in next years draft. anything higher then that I say no to. we need our 2nd and 3rd rounder so we can try to either improve our defensive secondary or our offensive line.

With the signing of Nicks WR is not a need and Jackson cap hit is 10 mil this year. Were already out of a 1st round pick and we still need a C, CB, G, OLB, and S.

that is why I don't understand why we have not even so much as " talked " to Cromartie, Kendrick Lewis, or chris clemons. one of those guys surely will come cheap.