Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay checks himself into highly regarded health care facility.

Dustin

#Colts announce owner Jim Irsay voluntarily checked into a highly-respected health care facility and is committed to undergoing treatment”

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

March 18, 2014

I;m so glad to see this.

I feel sorry for him   That final walk into the rehab center has to be hard..for anyone..especially some oen who's been there before

I know he feels he';s embarrassed his family business..but he didnt hurt anyone and I think most people are rooting for him to beat addiction again..

....He's our guy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in an article it's a rehab facility in Indy for private reasons they wont give out the name

There's no Reason for anyone to know where he is.

There's EVERY reason to keep it Private, to give the family privacy during this time and to allow him to get the treatment he needs.

Good for him and hopefully he can stay clean. Hopefully he steps away from the team and focuses on just getting better.

It is just a shame that he had to hit rock bottom like this before his addiction was addressed.

That sometimes is how addiction works. People have to hit rock bottom before they are willing to admit there is a problem, and others are not afforded the same opportunity. They just hit the bottom... and lose the battle back to the top.

I don't envy anyone in this situation, not do I envy the physical and mental condition Jim Irsay deals with from his health to the stress of being atop a football empire.

I hope he does well and the colts are still the colts, he's a great owner and a great man who contributes to the team and game in more positive ways than negative.

Taking ownership of ones problem is the best admirable action anyone can take. Touché mr. Irsay. Disappointed that you made a poor decision but glad your willing to work on it again.

That's cool of you to put football rivalries aside and wish somebody good luck with a tough personal battle. Hats off to you sir!!

Why would any fan not be supportive of someone in this situation. I'm a Vikings fan wishing all the best to Mr. Irsay. He is the type of owner that I would want for my team, regardless of his personal failings.

Jim,

People in the world make mistakes every day, and Colts fans (including the owner of the team) are no exception to this rule.

I have watched you several times take negative situations and turn them into something positive. The latest example would be last year when coach Pagano was ill. You signed off on the right to use the Colts shield to promote the Chuck Strong campaign; a campaign that touched the soul of many and changed people lives forever. The helpless feelings that so many fans experienced when the news of coach Pagano's illness was first known, was transformed into our battle-cry as a Colts family. You have helped make great things happen.

First thing is first, and that is to get well. Once you have conquered your own battle, you can use this illness; this struggle that you are fighting, and also turn it into a positive. You can be the face of dependency addictions and really make a difference in many people's lives. Great people do great things. People know your story and that is not such a bad thing. It is out in the open and I do not believe that you are the person who will run from it. I believe that you will tackle it head on. People will believe they can do it if you can do it. And people will follow you if you promote it and educate everyone about substance abuse.

You are not alone in this fight. There are thousands of Colts fans behind you.

Get well soon Jim.

Love ya,

ColtsNation!

Why would any fan not be supportive of someone in this situation. I'm a Vikings fan wishing all the best to Mr. Irsay. He is the type of owner that I would want for my team, regardless of his personal failings.

We are all football fans. Granted some of us root for different teams, and sometimes our opinions are quite different. None the less, in this case we can put any differences aside... and all root for a fellow human being to overcome one of the biggest opponents of all.

I am glad Irsay is doing what he needs to do.  I hope he gets the help he needs and can return to the Colts better than ever. 

I heard I think it was Kravitz on the radio today saying if Irsay can get past this he has a real chance to be a face of helping to fight addiction much like Pagano has become a face in terms of fighting Cancer.  I don't care how much you might not like the Colts or the Irsay family if Irsay can get past this and then come back and try to help others get past it that's a story anyone should pull for because it makes our world a better place. 

" It's not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up."

Vince Lombardi

Mr. Irsay, good luck as you prepare to battle your demons, you have alot of people pulling for you! You are very fortunate that no-one was hurt including yourself.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 19, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 19, 2014 - response to hidden post

The dad was a loudmouth drunk and the son is a long time drug abuser. I guess a billion dollars can't buy happiness.

Stop. How do you know Jim is not a happy person? Do you know him?

Jim,

People in the world make mistakes every day, and Colts fans (including the owner of the team) are no exception to this rule.

I have watched you several times take negative situations and turn them into something positive. The latest example would be last year when coach Pagano was ill. You signed off on the right to use the Colts shield to promote the Chuck Strong campaign; a campaign that touched the soul of many and changed people lives forever. The helpless feelings that so many fans experienced when the news of coach Pagano's illness was first known, was transformed into our battle-cry as a Colts family. You have helped make great things happen.

First thing is first, and that is to get well. Once you have conquered your own battle, you can use this illness; this struggle that you are fighting, and also turn it into a positive. You can be the face of dependency addictions and really make a difference in many people's lives. Great people do great things. People know your story and that is not such a bad thing. It is out in the open and I do not believe that you are the person who will run from it. I believe that you will tackle it head on. People will believe they can do it if you can do it. And people will follow you if you promote it and educate everyone about substance abuse.

You are not alone in this fight. There are thousands of Colts fans behind you.

Get well soon Jim.

Love ya,

ColtsNation!

I was trying to formulate words to post in this thread saying pretty much what you have said. I don't think I could have articulated it any better than you have. These are my sentiments exactly.

Colts Nation & Jim Irsay will be better in the long run.

Get well Jim.

From a Patriots fan, get well Mr. Irsay, you built a great franchise.

Thank you IcEWoLF. I really respect when an INDY rival shows dignity, decorum, & compassion. Why? Because if Robert Kraft were in the same boat himself, SW1 would say the exact same thing to you.  :thmup:

Very Classy IWF! It's says a lot about your character. 

Hope this wakes him up. What if he had hit a car killing a family with three children. I don't think the PR move to join a rehab facility would have been enough. Stopping in the road? He owns the Colts, but he is not a Colt.

Actually he is THE colt.

I hope it sticks this time and he stops doing drugs and alcohol for good but I doubt that's going to happen. It's just as much about PR and damage control as it is about "getting better" (hate that term). He's no kid and this has been the MO for most of his adult life. 

Everyone knew this was going to be the move.

I hope it sticks this time and he stops doing drugs and alcohol for good but I doubt that's going to happen. It's just as much about PR and damage control as it is about "getting better" (hate that term). He's no kid and this has been the MO for most of his adult life.

Everyone knew this was going to be the move.

please give us your complete insight to his mindset...

please give us your complete insight to his mindset...

Was it you that argued with me a few months ago when I said he was an unstable individual?  

The answer to your question is clear. It's always s the same with these guy whether they are rich or poor.

Same old song and dance(sounds like something Jim would Twitter).

Not all addicts are unstable. He drove under the influence. If all people that drive under the influence are unstable, then the world is full of a lot of unstable people.

You're trivializing his actions. He drove drunk and drugged and has had issues with both his entire life. Read his Twitter account and get back to me about how stable he it. It's like watching a car wreck. I'm done. Good luck Jim.

You're trivializing his actions. He drove drunk and drugged and has had issues with both his entire life. Read his Twitter account and get back to me about how stable he it. It's like watching a car wreck. I'm done. Good luck Jim.

He didn't drive drunk he drove on prescription meds.  It's a very dangerous thing for him to do none the less, but it's a good thing he's seeking help.

You're trivializing his actions. He drove drunk and drugged and has had issues with both his entire life. Read his Twitter account and get back to me about how stable he it. It's like watching a car wreck. I'm done. Good luck Jim.

actually he wasn't drinking. Also, you need to look up what it means to be unstable. He isn't

Because not all fans are as kind as you and IcEWOLF. 

I haven't been to any other team's boards, but I remember reading some cruel comments on other team's boards after Dungy's son died. So, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to read some cruel comments regarding Irsay.

However, I have read a few tweets and all I can say is that some people are just plain nasty.  The sad fact is that all teams (including the Colts) have fans like that.

And, Mr. Irsay, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I can't even begin to imagine what you will be going through in the days ahead.

Heck, as an x-mod; I'm still trying to battle my "colts.com addiction" and it hasn't been easy.

I'm not saying that to trivialize your situation, but merely to say that you have my support and understanding