Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you choose Richardson over Brown?

Rob Lowe

I've made no secret that I hated the Richardson trade. Still do and I don't buy the crap excuse that he needs an offseason and TC to get better. Thats a pathetic and ridiculous premise IMO, with that said...he's on a rookie contract that Cleveland paid most of. We stupidly gave up a 1st rd. pick for him so there is no way we are getting rid of him anytime soon. Hopefully Ballard comes back healthy next season and teaches Trent how to be real NFL RB and run through holes instead of dancing in the backfield and falling down when a defender farts in his direction.

Give me Trent.

Where is this great year Donald had that I keep hearing about? OK but not great. A few good runs on bad defenses. Except SF. And then it was just 3 rushes. YPC is nice but doesn't tell whole story. Donald has been injured a few times also. Had basically same stats two years ago and he wasn't our savior then. So what's the hype? Donald was our best option ,but who else were we gonna use?

Oh I think Trent was close to 1000 in his rookie year. What's the best Brown has done?

I feel Trent is going to be just as good. At least I think.

Just my .02

Ref

Why do we have to chose?

Why can't we have both?

And why do you make posts that basically say....

So,  do you want to drink champagne,  or would you prefer poison?

Because it seems like they might let Brown walk. I'd rather keep Brown and have t-rich have to compete for that spot

All of you that think Richardson is going to be great once he learns the system are going to be sorely disappointed. A back should have great instincts whether he knows a system or not. I just don't see it and I really wanted to believe when the trade first happened.

I've made no secret that I hated the Richardson trade. Still do and I don't buy the crap excuse that he needs an offseason and TC to get better. Thats a pathetic and ridiculous premise IMO, with that said...he's on a rookie contract that Cleveland paid most of. We stupidly gave up a 1st rd. pick for him so there is no way we are getting rid of him anytime soon. Hopefully Ballard comes back healthy next season and teaches Trent how to be real NFL RB and run through holes instead of dancing in the backfield and falling down when a defender farts in his direction.

LOL good one

Richardson has shown no sign of being even an average runner, he's slow to the hole, slow with his cuts, just plain and simple this guy is slow! I can't believe there are soooooo many people on here that think that magically this guy is going to be better next year, I hate to tell you this but he's not going to be even slightly better, face the facts he's not a good NFL back! I think we should either trade him for a low draft choice(if anyone would want him) or just cut him. We should try to resign both Bradshaw and Brown, both of them are much better than Richardson. If Richardson is part of our rotation of backs next year were in a lot of trouble, and all you Richardson lovers will surely regret what your saying about him today.

Right now, i would rather have Brown.  Richardson showed absolutely nothing, was far worse then i ever thought he would be.  I'd like to have both just in case Richardson does not improve (which i think is very possible), but doesn't sound like that will happen.

I'm past caring. It look all the way like a poor decision, and I totally agree with B40 on all this nonsense about getting a full off season. That is just excuses and balderdash. All I hope is that IF he is 6 games in, and is no better, we cut our losses. If it was me, now, sitting in the GM chair, I'd let Trent go, and bring back Brown. But I'm not.

And who know, Vic may come back healthy, and build on his promising 1st year.

So many possibilities. It's fun.

I'd take brown.  Yes maybe he has his shares of injuries, but he's good.

He's faster.

He's takes long strides with this legs when he runs.

He is a slippery MotherF'er.

He can make himself skinny.

He has decent hands.

He could work on his pass blocking.  

He can rush between the tackles.

He's dangerous in space.

I'm gonna call it now.  If he goes to another team with a good OLine. He's gonna be big and make us regret not resigning him.

I'm thinking he wants to start, so he's not gonna wanna resign with us because we won't start him even though he's making more plays.

Remember Brown was a first round pick as well, and he has been terrible up to this season. He has one decent season in 5 years in the league and everyone loves Brown, I don't get it. Richardson has more talent just needs an off season and a better o-line where he can at least make it to the line before getting hit 75% of the time. I bet he'll be better than Brown has ever been next year and it won't take him 5 years to produce.

When considering what I have at RB, besides just Richardson and Brown....Ballard gives me everything I have in Brown in my opinion, and he has played better for me from the beginning.  I won't consider Richardson a wasted pick, until after next season.  If he plays well or goes off, it was a great trade.  If he performs decent and Ballard and him both do well, it is a good trade.  If he pays like he did this year, he was wasted and they should just cut their losses.

I'm past caring. It look all the way like a poor decision, and I totally agree with B40 on all this nonsense about getting a full off season. That is just excuses and balderdash. All I hope is that IF he is 6 games in, and is no better, we cut our losses. If it was me, now, sitting in the GM chair, I'd let Trent go, and bring back Brown. But I'm not.

I am SOOOOO glad you are not the GM! :)

I'm past caring. It look all the way like a poor decision, and I totally agree with B40 on all this nonsense about getting a full off season. That is just excuses and balderdash. All I hope is that IF he is 6 games in, and is no better, we cut our losses. If it was me, now, sitting in the GM chair, I'd let Trent go, and bring back Brown. But I'm not.

His contract is fully guaranteed.