Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great article written by a Houston writer back in September.

Dustin

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/09-21-13-indianapolis-fail-trent-richardson-cant-prop-up-overrated-andrew-luck-no-passing-the-texans/

But it all won’t be enough to make up for Luck’s natural regression.

The Colts will need some good fortune to secure a .500 season. That’s where their overall talent level settles.

lmao

This was written before the Texans would go onto lose 14 straight games.

Ah just that same * writer wanting attention, He wrote an article about the Colts before, I clicked on it long enough to verify who wrote that article, Not wasting my time reading his trash after I read the first article, The dude is scum, Even bringing up Pagano having cancer in the previous article and put a negative spin on it, Quite honestly I wont cry a tear if this guy gets cancer, Yeah I know harsh but its the truth

Ah just that same * writer wanting attention, He wrote an article about the Colts before, I clicked on it long enough to verify who wrote that article, Not wasting my time reading his trash after I read the first article, The dude is scum, Even bringing up Pagano having cancer in the previous article and put a negative spin on it, Quite honestly I wont cry a tear if this guy gets cancer, Yeah I know harsh but its the truth

That's a disgusting thing to say, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Wow what a Goob he should be drug tested  .   

The Texan fans replies were tough on him as well 1 said most read his drivel for laughs .

good post

I only made it far enough to read where he called Colts fans "fair-weather fans" for the Manning/Luck situation. I got frustrated there. Wouldn't sticking with the Colts over Manning make us the exact opposite of "fair-weather fans?!?"

Like he has any room to talk about colt's fans? Houston fans have to be some of the worst especially when they cheer when their QB gets hurt. Schaub may not be on Manning or Brady's level but he isn't a bad QB. 

I also like the comment on " Ask Cam Newton just how much Andrew Luck proved throwing for all those yards as a rookie " <<<< that was funny, even funnier now that the panthers are NFC South champs and in the playoffs just like andrew luck and the colts. and where are his precious houston texans?

I wish i had an email address for this guy, because i would email him his article back and ask him who is overrated now haha

Just click on his name, it leads you to his email.

We should send him the link and simply ask "Still employed?"

Or "Any stock tips, should I buy Enron?"

I could go on, but this 'journalist' doesn't deserve our time.

What an absolute TOOL! I had the same debate with someone yesterday, my loyalty is with my home team, the Colts! Yes I am still a huge fan of #18, but I will absolutely not favor him or anyone else against the Colts. Guess Im a fair weather fan? lol

Quite honestly I wont cry a tear if this guy gets cancer, Yeah I know harsh but its the truth

Because he writes good things about the Texans and bad things about the Colts? He's from HOUSTON. Let him write what he wants, who cares.

Your comment above is really pretty offensive. We're talking about a stupid game.

Because he writes good things about the Texans and bad things about the Colts? He's from HOUSTON. Let him write what he wants, who cares.

Your comment above is really pretty offensive. We're talking about a stupid game.

No more offensive then him using Paganos cancer and putting a negative spin on it

So you've lowered yourself to his level.  Congrats, dude.  Proud day, I'm sure.

Sometimes ya just have to  whether you believe it or not, The dude is scum, He deserves the vitriol hurled at him.......even many Texans fans would agree

No more offensive then him using Paganos cancer and putting a negative spin on it

Sometimes ya just have to  whether you believe it or not, The dude is scum, He deserves the vitriol hurled at him.......even many Texans fans would agree

Gee Gavin, you made me so curious I had to go look. So which article/quote are we talking about here, I'm a bit confused.

--------------------

Was it this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/11-28-12-peyton-manning-completely-disrespected-by-indianapolis-fair-weather-andrew-luck-love/

It's an annoying jab at Indy and Luck, containing the quote:

"The Colts are a great story this season, with the team playing ultra hard with its coach Chuck Pagano fighting leukemia and unable to be on the sidelines."

------------

How about this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/12-30-12-united-airlines-flight-attendant-pimps-the-texans-angers-insecure-andrew-luck-devotees/

It's an amusing jab at Indy and Luck, containing the quote:

"Sure, there is plenty of genuine, heartfelt excitement over the coach Chuck Pagano's courageous return to the sidelines after a three-month leukemia fight. That is going to be one powerful moment at Lucas Oil Stadium, otherwise known as the house that Peyton Manning built, on Sunday afternoon.

There is no doubt that Pagano is one of the great stories in recent sports history. Of course, there is also no doubt that he'll be putting the emotion of his cancer return ahead of winning in the playoffs if he actually goes through with what he said and plays Andrew Luck most of the game.

Then again, maybe making a cancer statement is more important than winning a playoff game."

-----------------------------------

Or maybe this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/12-30-12-houston-texans-are-not-chuck-strong-watch-andrew-luck-rip-apart-their-homefield-playoff-party/

It's a despaired rip at his fallen Texans, containing the quotes:

"It's like Indianapolis came out flying, powered by the emotional return of coach Chuck Pagano, who'd missed three months undergoing leukemia treatments. And the Texans . . . well, they barely even came out."

and

"

Pagano was jumping up and down on the sideline and Chuck Strong was more than a hashtag and phrase to put on signs all over Lucas Oil Stadium.

And the Texans troubles are more than real."

--------------------------

Or maybe this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/12-30-12-grown-man-rant-hits-the-houston-texans-doubt-reigns-as-peyton-manning-dismisses-them-to-a-cincinnati-rematch/

It's a despaired rip at his fallen Texans, containing the quote:

"It turns out the Texans don't need Andrew Luck or what the quarterback calls the "rock star" return of cancer-stricken Colts coach Chuck Pagano to torment them. They'll do it to themselves."

--------------------------------

You're right Gavin, the man's just evil I tell you, evil. We should ALL be waiting for him to contract a fatal illness so we can put our heads back for a hearty laugh. :bored:

The man is a Houston "homer" who delights in humorous exaggeration - particularly on those rare occasions when his long suffering team has something to brag about. His comments are just amplifications of what any fan would think or say, and considering who he is writing for they are entirely appropriate. He seems to feel some ownership of the right to minimize Luck because he's from the area, and clings to anything that supports the hope that Luck ISN'T the second coming of the man who personally tortured his team for years. A blind monkey could see that it's all in good humor, and that he'd trade a kidney to have Luck (or Manning) on his own team.

There isn't a hint of the cruelty towards Pagano that you suggest - quite the opposite actually. I suspect that you are talking about (and misunderstanding) quote number two above  But even if there had been, there is something wrong with your judgement and priorities if you think that would justify your dark comments.

Gee Gavin, you made me so curious I had to go look. So which article/quote are we talking about here, I'm a bit confused.

--------------------

Was it this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/11-28-12-peyton-manning-completely-disrespected-by-indianapolis-fair-weather-andrew-luck-love/

It's an annoying jab at Indy and Luck, containing the quote:

"The Colts are a great story this season, with the team playing ultra hard with its coach Chuck Pagano fighting leukemia and unable to be on the sidelines."

------------

How about this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/12-30-12-united-airlines-flight-attendant-pimps-the-texans-angers-insecure-andrew-luck-devotees/

It's an amusing jab at Indy and Luck, containing the quote:

"Sure, there is plenty of genuine, heartfelt excitement over the coach Chuck Pagano's courageous return to the sidelines after a three-month leukemia fight. That is going to be one powerful moment at Lucas Oil Stadium, otherwise known as the house that Peyton Manning built, on Sunday afternoon.

There is no doubt that Pagano is one of the great stories in recent sports history. Of course, there is also no doubt that he'll be putting the emotion of his cancer return ahead of winning in the playoffs if he actually goes through with what he said and plays Andrew Luck most of the game.

Then again, maybe making a cancer statement is more important than winning a playoff game."

-----------------------------------

Or maybe this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/12-30-12-houston-texans-are-not-chuck-strong-watch-andrew-luck-rip-apart-their-homefield-playoff-party/

It's a despaired rip at his fallen Texans, containing the quotes:

"It's like Indianapolis came out flying, powered by the emotional return of coach Chuck Pagano, who'd missed three months undergoing leukemia treatments. And the Texans . . . well, they barely even came out."

and

"

Pagano was jumping up and down on the sideline and Chuck Strong was more than a hashtag and phrase to put on signs all over Lucas Oil Stadium.

And the Texans troubles are more than real."

--------------------------

Or maybe this one?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/12-30-12-grown-man-rant-hits-the-houston-texans-doubt-reigns-as-peyton-manning-dismisses-them-to-a-cincinnati-rematch/

It's a despaired rip at his fallen Texans, containing the quote:

"It turns out the Texans don't need Andrew Luck or what the quarterback calls the "rock star" return of cancer-stricken Colts coach Chuck Pagano to torment them. They'll do it to themselves."

--------------------------------

You're right Gavin, the man's just evil I tell you, evil. We should ALL be waiting for him to contract a fatal illness so we can put our heads back for a hearty laugh. :bored:

The man is a Houston "homer" who delights in humorous exaggeration - particularly on those rare occasions when his long suffering team has something to brag about. His comments are just amplifications of what any fan would think or say, and considering who he is writing for they are entirely appropriate. He seems to feel some ownership of the right to minimize Luck because he's from the area, and clings to anything that supports the hope that Luck ISN'T the second coming of the man who personally tortured his team for years. A blind monkey could see that it's all in good humor, and that he'd trade a kidney to have Luck (or Manning) on his own team.

There isn't a hint of the cruelty towards Pagano that you suggest - quite the opposite actually. I suspect that you are talking about (and misunderstanding) quote number two above  But even if there had been, there is something wrong with your judgement and priorities if you think that would justify your dark comments.

There is no doubt that Pagano is one of the great stories in recent sports history. "Of course, there is also no doubt that he'll be putting the emotion of his cancer return ahead of winning in the playoffs if he actually goes through with what he said and plays Andrew Luck most of the game."

Assuming that Pagano would put his cancer recovery over the team is a direct shot at Pagano if you ask me, Whos he to make such a bold assumption? Does he really believe Pagano is all about himself?

There is no doubt that Pagano is one of the great stories in recent sports history. "Of course, there is also no doubt that he'll be putting the emotion of his cancer return ahead of winning in the playoffs if he actually goes through with what he said and plays Andrew Luck most of the game."

Assuming that Pagano would put his cancer recovery over the team is a direct shot at Pagano if you ask me, Whos he to make such a bold assumption? Does he really believe Pagano is all about himself?

Maybe He meant it as "He cares more about recovering from cancer then winning a playoff game?"

Either way if I insulted a family member of yours or made a direct shot at you would you in turn be okay with me contracting cancer of some sort?

Maybe He meant it as "He cares more about recovering from cancer then winning a playoff game?"

Either way if I insulted a family member of yours or made a direct shot at you would you in turn be okay with me contracting cancer of some sort?

this is a guy just writing an article for attention by taking a shot at a guy that had cancer...Not someone close to me, yes I would feel bad if you got cancer, we have conversed several times now and your like a forum friend, This dude just made a comment about Paganos cancer saying he knew he would put his cancer above the team

That's a disgusting thing to say, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

actually if I was him I would feel the exact opposite this guy is the definition of true scum his point was valid and true wouldn't spit on him even if he was on fire

This one statment by him i am having a hard time understanding...

"But all those horseshoe devotees — the same fair-weather ones who abandoned Manning to fall all over Andrew Luck"

So you are a fair weather "horseshoe devotee"  for NOT following manning and instead being a fan of your new QB? 

how.gif

So you ignore the multiple politically correct comments he made about Pagano, the well written heartfelt positive comment he made about Pagano, and the followup line to the quote you refer to that completely neuters it, instead choosing to pin-point one phrase, put your own slant on it, and decide that you wish he was dead? What the heck is wrong with you?

The quote was a nudgy way of saying "Uh come on man, do you REALLY have to start Luck against us, we have enough problems". Much ado about absolutely nothing.

But more importantly, even if your interpretation was totally correct, your comments would still be an odious and classless over-reaction. We're talking about a FOOTBALL GAME.

So you ignore the multiple politically correct comments he made about Pagano, the well written heartfelt positive comment he made about Pagano, and the followup line to the quote you refer to that completely neuters it, instead choosing to pin-point one phrase, put your own slant on it, and decide that you wish he was dead? What the heck is wrong with you?

The quote was a nudgy way of saying "Uh come on man, do you REALLY have to start Luck against us, we have enough problems". Much ado about absolutely nothing.

But more importantly, even if your interpretation was totally correct, your comments would still be an odious and classless over-reaction. We're talking about a FOOTBALL GAME.

"There is no doubt that Pagano is one of the great stories in recent sports history. Of course, there is also no doubt that he'll be putting the emotion of his cancer return ahead of winning in the playoffs if he actually goes through with what he said and plays Andrew Luck most of the game."

Why would he even think about be so bold to assume that Pagano would put his return from cancer ahead of the team with what was a game that had to be played?

"Then again, maybe making a cancer statement is more important than winning a playoff game."

Maybe misunderstood what he said but it sure sounds like to me he thought Pagano would put his cancer above the team

"No one in this town seems to really believe in these Colts anyway."

A harmless jab? yes but one that none the less is a jab just for attention which makes me wonder all the more the reasoning behind that statement above that started this whole back and forth between you and I, Now Im a reasonable man and not one for controversy and bickering and I will freely admit I very well could have misinterpreted the meaning of that quote BUT I do not put slants on things, I called it like I read it.