Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Life without Satele

hawkeyes

I doubt it, Pagano told Kravitz that "All he knows, are good things happen when McGlynn is at center", this was in response to a question about whether or not McGlynn would stay at center

That's not accurate. It was the other way around:

Indy Star article

I asked Chuck Pagano after the game, "Do you have any inclination to keep McGlynn at center?" He tap-danced around the question. Then I mentioned it again as he walked off the podium, telling him, "All I know is, when McGlynn's at center, good things happen." He gritted his teeth, managed a wry smile and walked off without saying a thing.

Indy Star article

I asked Chuck Pagano after the game, "Do you have any inclination to keep McGlynn at center?" He tap-danced around the question. Then I mentioned it again as he walked off the podium, telling him, "All I know is, when McGlynn's at center, good things happen." He gritted his teeth, managed a wry smile and walked off without saying a thing.

Great......

Indy Star article

I think they're going to bench Satele, but haven't told him yet. That's total speculation, by the way.

Indy Star article

close enough, either way, it sounds like to me McGlynn will stay at center

It defied all logic when they put Satele back in last time. So, the apparent insanity of giving him his job back doesn't seem to mean it won't happen again. I'd put my money on Satele being back at center as soon as he's healthy.

Maybe Satele and Pagano have a bond that transcends sports. Chuck had a life changing battle last year, and we don't know who did and didn't reach out to him during that fight. But at this point, if Satele isn't benched, to say Pagano has a soft spot for him would be putting it mildly

Just curious, how do you come to that conclusion based on the actual quote?

JMO

Last time Pagano was asked something like this, just recently, he said he doesn't believe in a guy losing his job because of an injury. He basically said that if a guy misses a game because he's hurt, when he gets back healthy, he gets his job back. I think that was just last week. And that meshes with how they've handled Satele in the past.

When Satele missed the Niners game, Pagano was asked about Satele being put back in the lineup, and he basically said that Satele would start as soon as he was healthy. And that's what happened.

There's never been any uncertainty about this with Pagano. Until now.

When asked whether McGlynn would stay at center, he didn't answer. In fact, he suggested that he likes McGlynn at center. And his comments in recent weeks have been about how the coaches are willing to make whatever adjustments they have to in order to help the team. So if Pagano thinks "good things happen" with McGlynn at center, it stands to reason that the staff is at least considering leaving him there.

I'm usually not one to read between the lines, but when there's a significant shift in the tone of the message, I think it's worthy of consideration. To me, this recent response is a significant shift. Pagano could be playing it safe publicly because a) he doesn't want to tell the world who the starting center will be, and/or b) no one has told Satele that he won't be starting going forward.

Again, that's just how I see it. Rampant speculation.

JMO

Last time Pagano was asked something like this, just recently, he said he doesn't believe in a guy losing his job because of an injury. He basically said that if a guy misses a game because he's hurt, when he gets back healthy, he gets his job back. I think that was just last week. And that meshes with how they've handled Satele in the past.

When Satele missed the Niners game, Pagano was asked about Satele being put back in the lineup, and he basically said that Satele would start as soon as he was healthy. And that's what happened.

There's never been any uncertainty about this with Pagano. Until now.

When asked whether McGlynn would stay at center, he didn't answer. In fact, he suggested that he likes McGlynn at center. And his comments in recent weeks have been about how the coaches are willing to make whatever adjustments they have to in order to help the team. So if Pagano thinks "good things happen" with McGlynn at center, it stands to reason that the staff is at least considering leaving him there.

I'm usually not one to read between the lines, but when there's a significant shift in the tone of the message, I think it's worthy of consideration. To me, this recent response is a significant shift. Pagano could be playing it safe publicly because a) he doesn't want to tell the world who the starting center will be, and/or b) no one has told Satele that he won't be starting going forward.

Again, that's just how I see it. Rampant speculation.

Right, but Pagano didn't say that quote, Kravitz did.

Right, but Pagano didn't say that quote, Kravitz did.

Oh wow. I just went back and carefuly reread the quote. That's Kravitz talking, not Pagano. Now I get it.

Okay, in that case, disregard most of what I just said. However, Kravitz does say that Pagano tap danced around the question. Not quite the significant change I thought it was, but that's still different from how Pagano usually responds to these kinds of questions.

You can tell that by watching on TV?

You didn't know you could tell alot about a person by looking at a TV? Where have you been?

I can look at a Colts game and tell that Jim Irsay is the owner. It's amazing! This little box comes across the screen & says his name and everything!!!!! :D

Oh wow. I just went back and carefuly reread the quote. That's Kravitz talking, not Pagano. Now I get it.

Okay, in that case, disregard most of what I just said. However, Kravitz does say that Pagano tap danced around the question. Not quite the significant change I thought it was, but that's still different from how Pagano usually responds to these kinds of questions.

If the other guys are back , then you had it right to begin with. It looks to me like maybe Irsay told Pagano to open his eyes. It appears he is now making the obvious changes that have been evident for a little too long. Maybe Chuck did it by himself... dunno. If Reitz is back you will see Satale as a back up. Now if the line doesn't get healthy and Pagano has to choose between Satale , Nixon or Link , all bets are off. Other words I guess I'm saying he will start McGlynn over Satale.

Well, you know what they say about a foolish consistency....

It comes down to money and players salary hit (think of the jay cutler situation as another reference)...sad, but true. Ya' all see...GM'S across the league have a GOD COMPLEX and refuse to admit to huge mistakes, such as samson satele, so it doesn't matter if their back-up is vastly outplaying them or not. They will always start the player making the most dough, even though they clearly stink, just to vindicate their misguided move.

Maybe Satele and Pagano have a bond that transcends sports. Chuck had a life changing battle last year, and we don't know who did and didn't reach out to him during that fight. But at this point, if Satele isn't benched, to say Pagano has a soft spot for him would be putting it mildly

Uh-oh, it kinda sounds like......................

:luv:

It comes down to money and players salary hit (think of the jay cutler situation as another reference)...sad, but true. Ya' all see...GM'S across the league have a GOD COMPLEX and refuse to admit to huge mistakes, such as samson satele, so it doesn't matter if their back-up is vastly outplaying them or not. They will always start the player making the most dough, even though they clearly stink, just to vindicate their misguided move.

So what's the story with the DHB benching? Do Brazill, Whalen, and Rogers all have larger contracts than DHB or were you just being extremely hyperbolic.

So what's the story with the DHB benching? Do Brazill, Whalen, and Rogers all have larger contracts than DHB or were you just being extremely hyperbolic.

AH,...YES...DHB. No reply needed for this one. Even my 7 year old niece wanted to know why he was still playing.