Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL: BenJarvus Green-Ellis wrongly awarded score

Dustin

So Triplette just gets by with another inexcusable call. Just as I suspected.

so what now? play the game over? fire the ref? award us the game? or the same old stuff, noting done about it

There are 17 crew chiefs. They don't replace them until the end of the year. Don't complain about this unless Triplette is still a crew chief next season.

There are 17 crew chiefs. They don't replace them until the end of the year. Don't complain about this unless Triplette is still a crew chief next season.

hahaha like this is his first bad season.  He is the worst ref year in and year out.  Not attacking you or your post, I am just getting tired of the NFL letting him slide along...

So you say he Lied about not being shown all the play?

Must be a real row in the NFL office between him & the person who showed him the footage. lol

What difference does it make if he lied or not? He's the ref and is supposed to review the entire play, not just a small portion of it. 

Like Dan Dakic said on radio, "yep, refs have gotten worse more so since they rely on replays more".

Oh well, we can always take the TD back or the fumble back if it did not happen, seems to be a lackadaisical attitude.

But then, when refs have tunnel vision on replay and do not even bother to check for contact on the RB and only bother to check his progress once he gets past the line of scrimmage, the head ref needs to be demoted. That is not a mistake, it is a blunder, IMO.

Like Dan Dakic said on radio, "yep, refs have gotten worse more so since they rely on replays more".

Oh well, we can always take the TD back or the fumble back if it did not happen, seems to be a lackadaisical attitude.

But then, when refs have tunnel vision on replay and do not even bother to check for contact on the RB and only bother to check his progress once he gets past the line of scrimmage, the head ref needs to be demoted. That is not a mistake, it is a blunder, IMO.

He's broken NFL rules which should either result in his firing, a hefty fine, or a voided game. Not reviewing the whole play in question is against the rules.

He's broken NFL rules which should either result in his firing, a hefty fine, or a voided game. Not reviewing the whole play in question is against the rules.

Dear God...

A voided game? Seriously?

If you can point to this one play that definitively lost the game for the Colts, then maybe but even then, not really.

He's been awful long before replay.

Typical NFL response, so sorry.  In orther words, too bad, so sad  LOL  When are they gonna fire triplett???  That is the real question everyone wants answered !!!

There seems a growing outrage over him. I would not be surprsised to hear in the Spring that the NFL announces he is "retiring" which is really code for he was retired by the league.

I think its time for this official to retire or be ask to resign. The NFL needs to admit that it was a mistake and not a judgment call. It was the wrong call. It looks like these official consistently do this to the Colts. I wonder if this was the same crew who pick up the flag when Fleener was interfered .How can you change the call when the call on the field was down by contact. Last time I check the rule states that if you don't have any conclusive evidence to change the call then you leave it as it was call on the field. There was clearly no conclusive evidence to change the call on the field .Mr. NFL IT WAS A BAD REVERSAL AND IT WAS THE WRONG DISCISION. YOU NEED TO OVERHAUL YOUR OFFICIALS.

There seems a growing outrage over him. I would not be surprsised to hear in the Spring that the NFL announces he is "retiring" which is really code for he was retired by the league.

I'm not sure what else anyone would expect. Some of these people won't be satisfied until they see a ref publicly caned, or worse.

Thing is, refs make bad calls all the time. It's always been that way. Some are more excusable than others. I've always thought the NFL did a good job of owning up to reffing mistakes, especially compared to MLB or the NBA. 

I know they're starting to talk about centralizing replay, but before you do that, I think they should have the ref conferenced in with two replay people in the booth or back in New York or wherever, watching the play and consulting the rules, if necessary. The three of them can confer, arrive at a conclusion, and make the decision collectively, which is then announced by the ref working the game. If you really want to get calls right, then it's worth it to do it that way. You'd have someone who is actually on site, down on the field, and can relay what the officials actually saw and called, and you'd have two objective observers who have the ability to analyze all the angles. Three heads are better than one.

I also think they should have a standard number of cameras at each game. The national games have more cameras, and often get more and better angles. The NFL should mandate a set number of cameras for each game, some of them in fixed positions (end lines, goal lines, etc.), so that you can get all the angles for every play.

Yet nothing will be done about it in the future. Tripplet will continue to be awful.

It would have changed the momentum of the game in my opinion because at one point the Colts would have tied the game with the Bengals. But it is what it is. Done and over with and onto the Texans.