Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL LIVE

colts_100nascar17fan

What they said about colts after last nights game: colts are an immature team that thinks they can keep flipping a light switch after they get buried early in games. D-line cant get off blocks and get manhandled. O-line cant block anybody in the ground game or pass protect,get blown off the line. Too many key injuries to key players. They say basically an early exit one and done in playoffs because of these issues and we will struggle against upcoming teams cuz they all except jax,have tough defenses. I cant really argue with them in my opinion,those are facts that are true. I would love to see colts make a super bowl push but more likely next year barring injuries to the wrong guys again.

What they said about colts after last nights game: colts are an immature team that thinks they can keep flipping a light switch after they get buried early in games. D-line cant get off blocks and get manhandled. O-line cant block anybody in the ground game or pass protect,get blown off the line. Too many key injuries to key players. They say basically an early exit one and done in playoffs because of these issues and we will struggle against upcoming teams cuz they all except jax,have tough defenses. I cant really argue with them in my opinion,those are facts that are true. I would love to see colts make a super bowl push but more likely next year barring injuries to the wrong guys again.

Have our fair share of problems, but I will take that 7-3 record all day everyday. Sitting in a lot better position than the majority of the league

This might be a young offensive team but i do not think it is a immature team we have great leadership, and outside of last night do not get a lot of penalties .  I do not think immature teams would have so many comeback wins..  the oline was opening holes last night and in key games this year against some pretty good teams only against rams and texans i thought the team was bad.  .

I can't argue with the points NFL Live presented.

However, we have beaten plenty of quality teams. Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks.

Who's to say we can't beat quality teams again in the playoffs?

Just like people are making a big deal about Darrell Green saying RG3 is not a leader. Talking heads will talk, football players will play.

They are right about the teams problems but exactly how many people had the Ravens upsetting Denver?

The Colts, even with all these injuries & holes in their game, are capable of getting hot. If the team that showed up against SF, plays like that in the playoffs well im not counting them out.

I could see us winning at KC in a 17-13 game.

I could see us easily beating NE, their D is weak & if Gronk gets injured their done.

And we've already defeated 18.

We are dependent on Luck scoring in the mid 20s to 30s, no 2 ways about it.

The day we win a game where both teams score less than 20, that is when I can say our D has arrived. Till then, this team goes as Luck and the offense goes, and a score in the mid 20s by the offense is almost a must for us to win.

Nice thing is the Colts got back in the Texans game with long balls to TY...

The Colts got back into the Titans game with more short routes, & the run game (and a little help from their returner)

If this team can keep winning in any fashion they might just be able to put it all together at the right time...

Great analysis. Almost as good as their preseason studies when they told us the Falcons would be in the SB, the Jets were the worst team in the league and the Vikings would make the playoffs.

It's amazing how today's analysis is forgotten tomorrow because this league changes so fast.

Now who did we beat so far this year again?

I can't argue with the points NFL Live presented.

However, we have beaten plenty of quality teams. Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks.

Who's to say we can't beat quality teams again in the playoffs?

Just like people are making a big deal about Darrell Green saying RG3 is not a leader. Talking heads will talk, football players will play.

All with Wayne to be completely honest here just for the sake of the whole picture

Looks like they did their homework.  Thanks to the OP for pointing out this show to me.  Very informed, educated commentary and all nicely thought out through a good transitioning of topics.  They hit their segways so incredibly square-on that I think the crew in the truck threw a party and had people over because the show ran itself.

I have no argument with any of that because facts are facts

There comes a point when people need to stop being personally insulted and they must start to recognize that this team is flaky as all get-out. If we weren't down Bradshaw, Allen and Wayne, yes we'd be putting 40+ on most teams and the defense would look better by default. But Bradshaw, Allen and Wayne ARE out and we've seen the dreadful impact. 

I thought this looked like a 10-6 team before the injuries. Good news is, this team over-achieves. Very dangerous, capable of beating anyone. Also, capable of losing to anyone. 

All with Wayne to be completely honest here just for the sake of the whole picture

True, all with Wayne.

But who's to say we can't beat teams without Wayne either.

When Wayne played against SF, Seattle, and Denver he had very average numbers. Average enough to where Brazill, Whalen, TY, Coby could have all picked up his slack.

Yes and before the season we were the # 1 team likely to regress anf fall out of the playoffs so did we get a disclaimer prior to this analysis like " we were completely wrong about our analysis before but please believe us now while we find fault with the Colts".

There comes a point when people need to stop being personally insulted and they must start to recognize that this team is flaky as all get-out. If we weren't down Bradshaw, Allen and Wayne, yes we'd be putting 40+ on most teams and the defense would look better by default. But Bradshaw, Allen and Wayne ARE out and we've seen the dreadful impact. 

Totally agreed.

I thought this looked like a 10-6 team before the injuries. Good news is, this team over-achieves. Very dangerous, capable of beating anyone. Also, capable of losing to anyone. 

Nope, I don't see the Colts as over-achieves. Last year, absolutely, but not this year. I would rather say the team under-achieves in the first half and plays up to their potential in the second half/Q4 in recent games. They are just bloody inconsistent, not over-achieving while I have seen the NFL Experts saying this over and over and over.

But then again, as my nick implies, I know nothing. Nothing! :cheer2:

Totally agreed.

Nope, I don't see the Colts as over-achieves. Last year, absolutely, but not this year. I would rather say the team under-achieves in the first half and plays up to their potential in the second half/Q4 in recent games. They are just bloody inconsistent, not over-achieving while I have seen the NFL Experts saying this over and over and over.

But then again, as my nick implies, I know nothing. Nothing! :cheer2:

Concerning my "over-achieving" remark; I pointed that toward the record only.  :thmup:

I've never seen a team, in my 36 years of NFL fandom, have such a good record and such a clear division lead with so many of what I call "empty quarters". 

They will straight up perform like a 2-14, worst team in the league and then flick a switch.

This is good, this is bad. Hence why nobody, including us, seems to be able to make heads nor tails of them. 

Absolutely. Especially Mark "the genius" Schlereth. This guy is so much smarter than everyone else, regardless of the subject. If you don't believe it, just listen to him. 

'Ol pee-pants Schlereth. What kinda guy pees his pants on the field and brags about it? ....weirdo.....

Concerning my "over-achieving" remark; I pointed that toward the record only.  :thmup:

I've never seen a team, in my 36 years of NFL fandom, have such a good record and such a clear division lead with so many of what I call "empty quarters". 

They will straight up perform like a 2-14, worst team in the league and then flick a switch.

This is good, this is bad. Hence why nobody, including us, seems to be able to make heads nor tails of them. 

Ah, good Sir! Then we're on the same page!  I called this years Colts for the roller Coster Colts in an other thread. :GoodBad:

Absolutely. Especially Mark "the genius" Schlereth. This guy is so much smarter than everyone else, regardless of the subject. If you don't believe it, just listen to him.

At least Schlereth is actually getting paid for his opinions... Not sayin'... I'm just sayin'.