Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers game a trap game?

chad72

I wonder how many of us are already looking ahead to the Broncos game, some seem like they are already doing that.

Pagano sure needs a lot of mouse traps for the fans, if not the players. :) That Chargers team will wing it, what do they have to lose at this point with their sieve like pass D.

Pagano's younger brother might want to one up him, that is for sure. They want their statement win. They beat a pretty decent Cowboys team at home and have had their issues on the road (other than while playing the swiss cheese Eagles). This will be a tough game to win on the road.

I wonder how many of us are already looking ahead to the Broncos game, some seem like they are already doing that.

Pagano sure needs a lot of mouse traps for the fans, if not the players. :) That Chargers team will wing it, what do they have to lose at this point with their sieve like pass D.

Pagano's younger brother might want to one up him, that is for sure. They want their statement win. They beat a pretty decent Cowboys team at home and have had their issues on the road (other than while playing the swiss cheese Eagles). This will be a tough game to win on the road.

I don't think so, not after how they handled Jax.

if the jags game wasnt a trap for them then theres no way the team will take them lightly even if peyton is coming

The problem is that Jags team is consistently BAD, there is only so much they can raise their level to.

However, this Chargers team is HOT and COLD but way more talented than the Jags team, IMO. Those are the teams hard to predict.

It could be a let down game. I think the coaches and veterans will do what they can to keep that from happening. This is a young team and there will be some head scratching games a long the way. Hopefully they can win those games when they haven't played their best

You hit it Chad, especially on the 'home' point.  Coupled with a loss to the Raiders, they will come focused like the Jags did in the early segments of the first quarter.  Is it a trap?  I hope the Colts look at it more like the next game.

I always worry about 3 hours difference.  It wore me out when I traveled in my occupation.  I think the extra day to Monday will help us.

The Colts need to come in focused once again on a West Coast trip in all phases of the game.....and get this team to 5-1.

BTW, I hope the Colts are practicing OUTSIDE this week.  It is San Diego- Esque the rest of the week....gorgeous!  Go COLTS!!!!   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

No such thing as a trap game. It's all on the players and the coaching on the day.

Pagano: it's only the Chargers, let's not try so hard this week.......

Nope, not seeing it. Ever.....

In fact, Pagano has set 24 hour rules this week I was told.....and he wants the lightning bolt to hit the Chargers in the :censored2: !!!!

San Diego has had some bad Colt memories for Irsay....and me too...gotta play hard...MNF!!!!!  :)

Two totally different teams.

I'm not saying this game will be as easy as that one.  I fully expect it to be tough going all the way, and honestly, wouldnt be too shocked if we lost.  What I mean is that if they didn't overlook Jax, they won't overlook SD.

The problem is that Jags team is consistently BAD, there is only so much they can raise their level to.

However, this Chargers team is HOT and COLD but way more talented than the Jags team, IMO. Those are the teams hard to predict.

I think what pagano is gonna do is show our history with this team and how much trouble they've given us in the past and how this isnt a team to take lightly even if they lost to the raiders

No such thing as a trap game. It's all on the players and the coaching on the day.Pagano: it's only the Chargers, let's not try so hard this week.......Nope, not seeing it. Ever.....

I'm kinda with you. You say there's no trap games, I think they're all trap games.

I agree chad - because it's a distant road game against a middling team (with a new coach) that might be better than people think. Too early to tell, and they might improve game over game.

More importantly it's sandwiched between the most emotionally draining game of the season, and the game that the entire city (media, OWNER, older players) has been anticipating for two years. The distraction is probably building already.

More importantly, Rivers has the potential to be more dangerous by far than any QB the team has faced this season, and anything can happen. There might be vulnerabilities that no other QB has been able to take advantage of. It's the type of game where they could blink and find themselves behind big, and then have to leave their offensive comfort zone to catch up.

The Colts should still win obviously, but stranger things have happened.

The Jags in contrast won't upset a good team unless they poison their breakfast - and even then I'm not sure.

Only thing im really worried about in the Chargers is Phillip Rivers hes having one of those years where he actually preforming well, not saying they will beat us but we need to make him make mistakes for us to have a easy win or we will have a close game imo

That's when you go watch film of which team sucked. Did SD play bad? Or did the other team stop them? There's a difference and you can game plan against it.

my bold prediction is rivers will throw 4 INT's and 3 of them will come from darius butler.

Rivers and Romo have taken care of the ball very well this year, much better than years past, on average. Rivers ain't Gabbert :), definitely not this year.

We have to be willing to play 60 minutes and even if it is a FG win, a road win by a FG is still not bad, just ask the Broncos :).

Cowboys played a very good half and were up 21-13 but got shut down after that at SD to lose 21-30. Granted, our D is not as bad as the Cowboys' D can be but the possibility of not being able to control tempo if you start slow and fall behind on the road has to be the number one concern, like Brent said above. Comebacks will not be easy on the road if you go down by 2 TDs.

Congragulations on the win against the Chargers guys. The phrase "any given Sunday" does not apply on Monday Night Football on the 14th.  I am a Chargers fan who has watched every single game this year and darn, this is gonna be a beat down. I think the only way this score remains close is if either Rivers abuses the Colts defense or if the Chargers score points in garbage time.

Terrele Pryor, Jake Locker, Matt Schaub, Michael Vick, Tony Romo have all tore apart the Chargers defense. Andrew Luck is gonna have a FIELD DAY against this defense. Worst defense in the NFL. Expect Luck to set career highs all across the stat sheet.

I am rooting for you guys out of the AFC btw. Hate the Donkeys and the cheating Pats. You guys have a legitmate chance at winning the super bowl this year. I hope it happens too especially with a win over the Broncos in the playoffs :D

Wish you a good game and hope no serious injuries come out of it.

This should be pretty obvious but I'll just say it in case, START ANDREW LUCK, REGGIE WAYNE AND ANY OTHER COLTS OFFENSIVE PLAYER in fantasy football! Don't be stupid, if there's any week to start them, its this week. I don't care if you have Peyton or if you have a QB that's playing against the Jags, don't start anyone over Colts players this week. You will thank me later.

I'm predicting 500+ total yards for Luck with at least 5 total TDs. Only reason he wouldn't achieve these numbers would be because the Colts pull him from the game early to avoid an injury to him and since the game will already be a blow out.

If the Chargers can only lose by 14 or fewer points then I consider this a win for us.

BTW can you please take Chuck's brother John off our hands? He's the absolute worst, maybe Chuck can teach him a thing or two. John is so much worse than Chuck that on our forums, there have been discussions about whether or not John was adopted.

Congragulations on the win against the Chargers guys. The phrase "any given Sunday" does not apply on Monday Night Football on the 14th.  I am a Chargers fan who has watched every single game this year and darn, this is gonna be a beat down. I think the only way this score remains close is if either Rivers abuses the Colts defense or if the Chargers score points in garbage time.

Terrele Pryor, Jake Locker, Matt Schaub, Michael Vick, Tony Romo have all tore apart the Chargers defense. Andrew Luck is gonna have a FIELD DAY against this defense. Worst defense in the NFL. Expect Luck to set career highs all across the stat sheet.

I am rooting for you guys out of the AFC btw. Hate the Donkeys and the cheating Pats. You guys have a legitmate chance at winning the super bowl this year. I hope it happens too especially with a win over the Broncos in the playoffs :D

Wish you a good game and hope no serious injuries come out of it.

This should be pretty obvious but I'll just say it in case, START ANDREW LUCK, REGGIE WAYNE AND ANY OTHER COLTS OFFENSIVE PLAYER in fantasy football! Don't be stupid, if there's any week to start them, its this week. I don't care if you have Peyton or if you have a QB that's playing against the Jags, don't start anyone over Colts players this week. You will thank me later.

I'm predicting 500+ total yards for Luck with at least 5 total TDs. Only reason he wouldn't achieve these numbers would be because the Colts pull him from the game early to avoid an injury to him and since the game will already be a blow out.

If the Chargers can only lose by 14 or fewer points then I consider this a win for us.

BTW can you please take Chuck's brother John off our hands? He's the absolute worst, maybe Chuck can teach him a thing or two. John is so much worse than Chuck that on our forums, there have been discussions about whether or not John was adopted.

Surely, that stuff is funny!!! :) Adopted??? haha

I expect the Colts to win too but what did you guys do in the second half of the cowboys game defensively that shut down the Cowboys?

Congragulations on the win against the Chargers guys. The phrase "any given Sunday" does not apply on Monday Night Football on the 14th.

I know you're down on your team, but they get paid and they will be given a game plan to execute on Monday night.  I expect a win, but not convinced it's in the bag by any means. We will have to earn it.  And, no injuries!

You will have to do a lot of that against us to keep us to our scoring avg. which is around 28 pts. Your offense is your best defense.

We won't. Expect Indy to go oer the 50 pts as long as they don't get conservative after taking the 20 pt lead.

I honestly wouldn't hate seeing the Chargers get their butt kicked just to shut up some of the homer fans we have.

I know you're down on your team, but they get paid and they will be given a game plan to execute on Monday night.  I expect a win, but not convinced it's in the bag by any means. We will have to earn it.  And, no injuries!

Our team gets paid to get injured and to watch QBs have an hour to throw the ball every possession with a secondary that couldn't cover many high school and middle school teams.

I'm not down on the Chargers, I just see the reality.

Anything would be like me saying "Guys lets not rule out the Jags yet, they can still go on a winning streak and possibly win the superbowl". Its just not reality.

Oh yes, on the road in San Diego, this could definitely be a trap game. They always play the Colts tough and with the Colts coming off a huge win last week, and on a bit of streak, they could lose this game.

Do I think they will? No, but it wouldn't shock me.

In fact, Pagano has set 24 hour rules this week I was told.....and he wants the lightning bolt to hit the Chargers in the :censored2: !!!!

San Diego has had some bad Colt memories for Irsay....and me too...gotta play hard...MNF!!!!!   :)

He's not alone.  I want to see P  Rivers wondering what hit him when the Colts steam roll the Bolts. :cuss:

I wrote this in another thread, so I thought I'd post it here:

"Here's what I think:

1- Coming off a huge 4th quarter victory at home against a top team. Perhaps, they're still on that "high".

2- Have to travel accross the country, which I think many people underestimate.

3- Going against a team that historically plays us tough

4- Going up against a team that if they play well, can beat some good teams. They beat the Cowboys at home, and almost the Texans when Schaub was playing well.

5- The Colts are playing the Broncos next week, the media can be very annoying.

6- I doubt this is a problem, but maybe their heads aren't there.

There are many things going into this game, and I believe it qualifies as a trap game."

I wrote this in another thread, so I thought I'd post it here:

"Here's what I think:

1- Coming off a huge 4th quarter victory at home against a top team. Perhaps, they're still on that "high".

2- Have to travel accross the country, which I think many people underestimate.

3- Going against a team that historically plays us tough

4- Going up against a team that if they play well, can beat some good teams. They beat the Cowboys at home, and almost the Texans when Schaub was playing well.

5- The Colts are playing the Broncos next week, the media can be very annoying.

6- I doubt this is a problem, but maybe their heads aren't there.

There are many things going into this game, and I believe it qualifies as a trap game."

3 and 4 kind of contradict your summary. If they are potentially so good, who is underestimating them? The coaches or the fans?