Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers game a trap game?

chad72

Rivers and Romo have taken care of the ball very well this year, much better than years past, on average. Rivers ain't Gabbert :), definitely not this year.

We have to be willing to play 60 minutes and even if it is a FG win, a road win by a FG is still not bad, just ask the Broncos :).

Cowboys played a very good half and were up 21-13 but got shut down after that at SD to lose 21-30. Granted, our D is not as bad as the Cowboys' D can be but the possibility of not being able to control tempo if you start slow and fall behind on the road has to be the number one concern, like Brent said above. Comebacks will not be easy on the road if you go down by 2 TDs.

all true. but rivers did throw 3 picks against the raiders. and our secondary is tied 3rd in the league with 7 INT's

I wonder how many of us are already looking ahead to the Broncos game, some seem like they are already doing that.

Pagano sure needs a lot of mouse traps for the fans, if not the players. :) That Chargers team will wing it, what do they have to lose at this point with their sieve like pass D.

Pagano's younger brother might want to one up him, that is for sure. They want their statement win. They beat a pretty decent Cowboys team at home and have had their issues on the road (other than while playing the swiss cheese Eagles). This will be a tough game to win on the road.

I don't think the Colts see Denver as a big game...few of them played with manning

...we need to beat San Diego because we may have to top them for a playoff berth

We cannot have Miami and SD hold tiebreakers over us

I don't think the Colts see Denver as a big game...few of them played with manning

...we need to beat San Diego because we may have to top them for a playoff berth

We cannot have Miami and SD hold tiebreakers over us

Even if they never met Manning and didn't know he was the greatest Colts player I'm sure they notice what hes doing now.  If facing the #1 team in football with a qb thats setting records every game doesn't equate as a "big game" then they probably shouldn't be playing.

^Definitely agree with this.  The Chargers are not bad enough to be overlooked.  If they didn't overlook Jacksonville, I don't see it happening against San Diego.  This is a team that good or bad always gives us problems.  They are talented, despite not playing well.  Not to mention, minus the wins over San Fran and Jacksonville, we haven't exactly looked dominate ourselves.  With our tough schedule we need to win every game possible and can't afford a loss here.   Also this is a Monday night game, so it's big game on it's own, despite being scheduled a week before the Denver matchup. 

As others have said, the fans see the Denver game as a bigger matchup, but not the team.  I am betting the team feels they need to win this game and Denver will be one they will want to win, but don't expect to win. 

This could be a very tough game, travel to west coast, play a team that can be very good at times and more. May well be a shoot out and if so, Colts cannot afford a slow start like last couple games or they may find themselves in a hole they can't climb out of this time..... This should be a good tune up for the Mile High Ponies.

• 2 weeks later...

Ball control. Chargers dominated the TOP in 2nd half.

You will have to do a lot of that against us to keep us to our scoring avg. which is around 28 pts. Your offense is your best defense.

Yes indeed. TOP is the only way the Chargers can win games and that's the main reason they won.

I always like to read the predictions and comments after the game is over. Makes you really see how stupid some people are about predicting scores

Are you saying they are stupid for trying to predict a score or are they stupid in their predictions ?